You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
From my perspective the jets seem like they were behind Geno but I think they was going use this year to see if he is ever going to become good until he got hurt. All the talk this offseason now leaves me to believe it was smoke n mirrors. If they was truly behind geno they wouldn't of drafted Petty to develop could of signed another free agent qb.

If Geno doesn't get on field this year I truly wonder what they're going to do with him next year.

It was mix reports this off-season for geno. Some said he looked better some said he still holding onto ball too long, scrambling when this offense is set on getting the ball out quick. So who knows

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We're finally getting mediocre QB play and we have people asking for Geno lol. Do you realize how awful he was last year?

And $600.

Fitz is completing over 60% of his passes with a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. When was the last time we had that?

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
We're finally getting mediocre QB play and we have people asking for Geno lol. Do you realize how awful he was last year?

And $600.

Fitz is completing over 60% of his passes with a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. When was the last time we had that?
When was the last time we had weapons on offense? :mindblown:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

And $600.

Geno played the same way with worse weapons his last two games.

Yes...weapons count even for qbs you don't like.

This defense has been lights out. Fitz film isn't great at all. Gailey thankfully creates so much space for his receivers than what we've seen years past. Then again...I watch film and you don't. Why is it that the folks who watch film eventually share my opinion?

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Geno played the same way with worse weapons his last two games.

Yes...weapons count even for qbs you don't like.

This defense has been lights out. Fitz film isn't great at all. Gailey thankfully creates so much space for his receivers than what we've seen years past. Then again...I watch film and you don't. Why is it that the folks who watch film eventually share my opinion?

No ones saying Fitz is good he's just better than the alternative. Geno takes sacks and fumbles because he panics when his first read is covered. We saw that for two years.

Fitz hasn't taken a sack yet.

NYC Rebel

Daps
No ones saying Fitz is good he's just better than the alternative. Geno takes sacks and fumbles because he panics when his first read is covered. We saw that for two years.

Fitz hasn't taken a sack yet.
He's not. He really isn't.

He's not even reading the field.

You don't watch film. You're a "gut" poster

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
He's not. He really isn't.

He's not even reading the field.

You don't watch film. You're a "gut" poster

So basically Fitz needs to be at 80% completion to give credit? You're nitpicking. For a 7th round pick getting the production we've gotten is solid. We knew going in he wasn't Aaron Rodgers.

NYC Rebel

Daps
So basically Fitz needs to be at 80% completion to give credit? You're nitpicking. For a 7th round pick getting the production we've gotten is solid. We knew going in he wasn't Aaron Rodgers.
No...he could be at 60% and getting bigger chunk of yards.

You are arguing with someone who has watched film.

Why don't you spend $70 and catch up my dude? I'm really bored arguing with the blind. It isn't rocket science. YOU TOO COULD SEE IT.

The almost picks will eventually be picks

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Fitz is currently 11th in QBR and 8th in DVOA.

Small sample but the expectations need to be scaled back. It's funny now guys like @NYC Rebel want to be ultra critical of the Jets QB play when it's been horrific over the last 10 years or so.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Fitz is currently 11th in QBR and 8th in DVOA.

Small sample but the expectations need to be scaled back. It's funny now guys like @NYC Rebel want to be ultra critical of the Jets QB play when it's been horrific over the last 10 years or so.
Don't data mine me bruh. :laff:

Watch film.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No...he could be at 60% and getting bigger chunk of yards.

You are arguing with someone who has watched film.

Why don't you spend $70 and catch up my dude? I'm really bored arguing with the blind. It isn't rocket science. YOU TOO COULD SEE IT.

The almost picks will eventually be picks

And I'm saying the alternative is Geno Smith a guy Fitz we know is better than right now. If you don't agree that's fine but his career numbers say otherwise. At 2-0 you can't just hope it all suddenly clicks for Geno. You need to ride with the vet.

If we were 0-2 I'd play Geno