You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
You didn't prove that the weapons part was stupid

Because there are ways to quantify performance without looking at who he's throwing to. Turnovers and sacks being the easiest.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Because there are ways to quantify performance without looking at who he's throwing to. Turnovers and sacks being the easiest.
No. There's way to that for data mining stat geeks.

He also had shyt coaching

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
We've seen Geno play already. The weapons argument is stupid considering how much of an abject disaster he was year 1 and year 2...and that's not even counting the smh moments with teammates and time zones.

It's just bizarre he has this much of a following. He wasn't that good in college for him to have this type of fanboys. Just go back and watch the Yankee Stadium game.

Transitioning into no one is better than "seeing what we have" for the third time with Geno Smith. Bowles knows this already.
If Bowles knew that already why was Geno gonna start?

At this point, what's done is done. He's not gonna be our starter again, but moving forward, there's no plan at that position, and I don't think this front office is good enough to identify that spot unless they pick high.

and before you even mention it, don't even think about free agency or trade for that position. It's not gonna happen.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Looking at trends isn't data mining it's logic
Trends my ass. That's geek talk for those number lovers that talk football. Had his play stunk it up when decker got healthy, I'd say move on. But when Eric got healthy, his play was much better.

Enjoy 2016

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

At this point, what's done is done. He's not gonna be our starter again, but moving forward, there's no plan at that position, and I don't think this front office is good enough to identify that spot unless they pick high.

and before you even mention it, don't even think about free agency or trade for that position. It's not gonna happen.

Geno was starting because Fitzpatrick was still hurt.

The front office signed your bff back, yet doesn't know what it's doing. Ok. Sounds like you just don't like the Jets.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Trends my ass. That's geek talk for those number lovers that talk football. Had his play stunk it up when decker got healthy, I'd say move on. But when Eric got healthy, his play was much better.

Enjoy 2016

He still stunk with Decker besides the Dolphins game.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

This does not in any way mean the drivel you wrote

Geno was starting because Fitzpatrick was still hurt.

The front office signed your bff back, yet doesn't know what it's doing. Ok. Sounds like you just don't like the Jets.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Ok. What's the evidence the front office doesn't know what it's doing?
Rephrase your question to "What's the evidence the front office can't identify quarterback?"

I don't really like Petty as any sort of possible option going forward (and he's all we have for now in that regard) and I don't like the team's overall philosophy of throwing shyt against the wall on the offensive end but not doing so defensively even though that's Bowles' area of expertise.

This isn't just on the new regime. This is historically what this team has done.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The thing about fans and the media is that we always think we know more than the coaches and players. Bowles and them want Fitz. Marshall and decker want Fitz. He's 95 percent likely to be back. Let's let Geno go and hope for the best with fitzy next year. The team is behind him and so is the coaching so let's be jets fans and not armchair jet GMs guys :sitdown:

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
The thing about fans and the media is that we always think we know more than the coaches and players. Bowles and them want Fitz. Marshall and decker want Fitz. He's 95 percent likely to be back. Let's let Geno go and hope for the best with fitzy next year. The team is behind him and so is the coaching so let's be jets fans and not armchair jet GMs guys :sitdown:
:laff:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Who is asking for Fitz to go? I just see no incline in play in the near future with a bulk of 30 somethings running our offense.

It's a waste of time.