You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just a Pats fan dipping in. I really think Geno could ball under Chans O. Is their some behind the scenes shyt with Geno?

I don't think so. Geno was gonna start till IK broke his jaw then Fitz took over and never really played poorly enough to get replaced. From all accounts both Maccagnan and Bowles want Fitz back to start next year... Geno is a holdover from Izdik's regime, he might still be on the roster in 2016 as he's still on his rookie contract(i.e. cheap), but I seriously doubt he ever starts another game for the Jets barring injury

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
I don't think so. Geno was gonna start till IK broke his jaw then Fitz took over and never really played poorly enough to get replaced. From all accounts both Maccagnan and Bowles want Fitz back to start next year... Geno is a holdover from Izdik's regime, he might still be on the roster in 2016 as he's still on his rookie contract(i.e. cheap), but I seriously doubt he ever starts another game for the Jets barring injury

Damn. I really liked the Geno pick, and like the way he played last year considering the mess with Rex's last year. That sucks.

Man, I am not saying Geno could become a great QB. But stable coaching from the start, ugh whatever..

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City
Damn. I really liked the Geno pick, and like the way he played last year considering the mess with Rex's last year. That sucks.

Man, I am not saying Geno could become a great QB. But stable coaching from the start, ugh whatever..

There will probably be a qb competition next year

If he's as good as people advertised last offseason

He should win it

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I'm convinced Ryan is his brother-in-law.

I only ride for family this irrationally.

So if Fitz was Dominican he'd be in for life

The MVP of the team also said the Jets would have been 4-12 without Fitzpatrick this season.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Were you this adamant about Clemens too?
Everybody was when it was clear Pennington could only take us but so far, and then when they found Fez it was over for Clemens.

This isn't a similar situation unless you believe 2 things:

1. You have to believe Geno would fail anyway (fine, entitled to that)

and

2. That Fitz is the long term answer (let's be fukking real)

Ultimately (not fully blaming Fitz for this) the team missed the playoffs anyway. and all we learned was that we're transitioning to no one.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Everybody was when it was clear Pennington could only take us but so far, and then when they found Fez it was over for Clemens.

This isn't a similar situation unless you believe 2 things:

1. You have to believe Geno would fail anyway (fine, entitled to that)

and

2. That Fitz is the long term answer (let's be fukking real)

Ultimately (not fully blaming Fitz for this) the team missed the playoffs anyway. and all we learned was that we're transitioning to no one.

We've seen Geno play already. The weapons argument is stupid considering how much of an abject disaster he was year 1 and year 2...and that's not even counting the smh moments with teammates and time zones.

It's just bizarre he has this much of a following. He wasn't that good in college for him to have this type of fanboys. Just go back and watch the Yankee Stadium game.

Transitioning into no one is better than "seeing what we have" for the third time with Geno Smith. Bowles knows this already.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
We've seen Geno play already. The weapons argument is stupid considering how much of an abject disaster he was year 1 and year 2...

You didn't prove that the weapons part was stupid other than saying it was stupid. He shouldn't have played his first year. His second year his weapons were worse. Your corny rub is that he has a following