You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Rex's contract is crazy bad.

I was one of the few Bills fans who hated the Rex hire, when I saw the contract the Pegulas gave him I was like :wtf: :merchant:, Pegulas were conned badly as inexperienced owners who went off of name recognition instead of looking at Rex's recent results with the Jets. He will gone after next season so I'm :manny:, just means another Bills re-build.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I was one of the few Bills fans who hated the Rex hire, when I saw the contract the Pegulas gave him I was like :wtf: :merchant:, Pegulas were conned badly as inexperienced owners who went off of name recognition instead of looking at Rex's recent results with the Jets. He will gone after next season so I'm :manny:, just means another Bills re-build.

You guys deserve better than that...once Rex's good assistants bounced and it was him and Dennis Thurman left you saw how disorganized he was.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well,you can never take away what rex did at the start with the jets. It was the most exciting 2 year run jets fans had seen in a long time,sadly. We looked like legit sb contenders,and we were.

At the end you could have said well hey its not rexs fault,it was all idzik. And a huge amount of jets fan base still felt that way.

But the funny thing now that some of the dust has settled is that every passing week idzik looks better and rex looks worse.

Idzik players now are suddenly a huge part of this teams current success,meanwhile rex is turning a great defense into a mediocre one and got perennial pro bowlers playing out of position to fit his scheme.

:manny:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Well,you can never take away what rex did at the start with the jets. It was the most exciting 2 year run jets fans had seen in a long time,sadly. We looked like legit sb contenders,and we were.

At the end you could have said well hey its not rexs fault,it was all idzik. And a huge amount of jets fan base still felt that way.

But the funny thing now that some of the dust has settled is that every passing week idzik looks better and rex looks worse.

Idzik players now are suddenly a huge part of this teams current success,meanwhile rex is turning a great defense into a mediocre one and got perennial pro bowlers playing out of position to fit his scheme.

:manny:
Hard to disagree with that assessment, honestly. :ehh:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Fans were mad he wasn't spending any money I guess
Obviously this is speculation because none of his really know the truth but...

I think idzik figured he would get another chance and get to pick his own guy. I dont think he ever wanted rex and was setting himself up for this season to get his coach while having a great draft pick and tons of cash to spend to make his new coach look great.

It backfired on him because fans blamed him for sabotagin rex and he got tossed with rex.

We wont ever really know what idzik was truly like as a gm because he was playing long term and got judged on the short term.

I mean you couldnt be set up any better as a new gm than macc did,he should thank idzik for all the cutting off alabatross contracts and bringing in cheap players.

Woody listens to the fans and thats why idzik is gone,right or wrong.

I dont think he was that bad of a gm at all,he just played a game and lost. He had to spend money this year to keep up with cap rules so,who knows. But our new gm is doing okay so far so :manny: not like idzik knocked the drafts out of the park either. Even though theyre better than some fans would have you believe.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Idzik was still dependent on Bradway and all the other holdover scouts. The biggest thing this organization needed was a turnover in that department. That was Maccagnans biggest push to Woody- more resources to the scouting.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Don't know why they fired idzik.

Dude knew what he was doing

Look at jax now

There a upcoming team with a real shot to make the playoffs next year
Ehhhh. No tears shed for Idzik, for one reason. Even if you wanted your own guy, you don't sabotage who's there in the interim. Rex was the coach and he should have acted it. He tried to fukk Rex and ended up getting shown the door just like him.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps

Look at jax now

idzik had nothing to do with how the jaguars look right now.

please let's not act like idzik was some sort of draft guru.

he was a salary cap guy and always will be.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Look at jax now

:what:

He has nothing to do with Jax success...He's not the GM in Jax, he's a special assistant to Caldwell aka an accountant...Idzik had nothing to do with the selection of players...Bortles, Hurns and Robinson were already on the roster...

5 out of his 16 picks panned out with the Jets...

Let's bring him back...:beli:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:what:

He has nothing to do with Jax success...He's not the GM in Jax, he's a special assistant to Caldwell aka an accountant...Idzik had nothing to do with the selection of players...Bortles, Hurns and Robinson were already on the roster...

5 out of his 16 picks panned out with the Jets...

Let's bring him back...:beli:
Id say its too early to really say whos going to pan out. Next year should give us a much clearer picture because we could see some more players step up or cut altogether.

His 2013 draft class we had 8 picks,1 was turned into chris ivory and 5 others are still on the roster.

his 2014 draft class we had 12 picks. 6 are still on the roster. I know most people go 12 picks!!! blah blah but of those 12,5 of those were round 6 and 7 picks and the percentage on teams hitting on those rounds is minisicule at best.

Im not crying hes gone Im fairly indifferent,I just dont think his drafts are nearly as bad some people make them out to be. Especially when you look at tannys drafts in comparison were within a couple years we had 0 players left on the roster after like 2 seasons.

He did strike the fukk out on round 4 though last year no doubt about that shyt,both receivers gone already :francis:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Idzik/Bradway predetermined positions they were going to take rounds 2-7...it's a bad way to draft. The biggest problem though was Bradway imo...Idzik was just there to make the final call. Rex also had some say as well...the whole regime needed to be gutted.

Idzik did realize we had to dump the dead weight, which he did- that was a positive. The Decker signing was a positive. The Revis trade worked out.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Obviously this is speculation because none of his really know the truth but...

I think idzik figured he would get another chance and get to pick his own guy. I dont think he ever wanted rex and was setting himself up for this season to get his coach while having a great draft pick and tons of cash to spend to make his new coach look great.

It backfired on him because fans blamed him for sabotagin rex and he got tossed with rex.

We wont ever really know what idzik was truly like as a gm because he was playing long term and got judged on the short term.

I mean you couldnt be set up any better as a new gm than macc did,he should thank idzik for all the cutting off alabatross contracts and bringing in cheap players.

Woody listens to the fans and thats why idzik is gone,right or wrong.

I dont think he was that bad of a gm at all,he just played a game and lost. He had to spend money this year to keep up with cap rules so,who knows. But our new gm is doing okay so far so :manny: not like idzik knocked the drafts out of the park either. Even though theyre better than some fans would have you believe.
Idzik's problem was twofold:

1. He couldn't draft, and then couldn't develop guys.

2. His plan required punting seasons away while not doing right by the team. That you can't recover from.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
If the Jets win out they need either KC, PIT or DEN to lose just one game and they are in. If they lose another game, they need one of those teams to lose out to get in.

The NE game is essentially a playoff game
If we don't beat New England tomorrow, we truly don't deserve to make the playoffs. They're the only winning team we've played this season.

That's really the only reason we're even in a position to make the playoffs. If somehow do, we're in for a rude awakening :porter: