You can't deny in the 90s, there was an effort to have black faces on the screen

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't think it's necessarily "looking for a handout" but trying to get into an insular industry in which connections mean everything.

At this stage, there can't be 20 different Tyler Perry's out there making the kind of scratch he is. Sorry, but that's simply not a reality right now. But maybe later on there can be. Tyler knocked on every studio's door and got a "No" from every one of them until Lionsgate came along. Someone had to help him. Was that a handout?

Maybe he can be someone's "Lionsgate." That's not a handout, the work still has to be done. Every other race seems to do something to help their own but as soon as a black person "makes it" they don't look back. I'm not saying every black person has an obligation to help those that haven't made it. But this thread is a clear indicator that people of color are starving in the media landscape and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if a couple of those that have "made it" gave the dude that has knocked on every studio's door and gotten rejected with a quality project in hand said yes every now and then.

what happened is america stopped its discovery zone into impoverished black neighborhoods. after they gathered all their information for executing applied knowledge. they had no need to allow us to do more after they pillaged amd raped our braintrust.

now they are using our knowledge they attained against us.

when you let them create and draw low quality shows. they were using that as a litmus test to figure out what to eliminate and what to give you.

now,..they know you will never get quality or the cultural significance we crave.

plus our community needs,..as they previously used to give incredible content relative to our existence.

they stripped that away because they knew it was having an effect.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yeah the jewish zionist in control of america switched direction in the early 00s with all that queer eye reality nonsense. Then they got hollywood back on that diet and killed thickness.But a large contributing factor to why we dont see much black films/shows is the internet.Once that was in heavy rotation and piracy became the norm execs had a built in excuse to stop making modern day blaxploitation flix

Blacks should've used the 80s/90s to get into exec positions instead of fettling being comodittes.But then again look at jay z,In theory his rise in def jam should've been an AA dream but he single handily killed mainstream rap..So having blaks in power isnt an automatic fix

juice from real hiphop;

we getting raped by nikkaz put in position to protect us....

art barr

you nikkaz need to know this country purposefully puts these culture stealers in positions purposefully to further their agenda.

just look at who the people in power who are black are.....look at the culture they lack.

just for starters think about how crooked a marriage of pebbles and la reid is.

think about what they purposefully did to other black people.

i hope y'all see the real cause a lot of black people think what occurs in this country is just simple chance. when, in reality it is all orcheastrated and executed purposefully to keep you there.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

His rise was nothing more than a Lifetime achievement award... We all know that Dame built that label...from the rappers, to the product branding to the branching out into other ventures.

besides LA Reid and Slyvia Rhone accomplished shyt in those positions...years before Jay-Z was even relevant.

again, blacks only make up 13% of the US population,and in the history of Corporate America, we've only had 13 Fortune 500 CEO's..

how was this power move supposed to happen in the 80's-90's...especially in a industry with as much nepotism,union fukkery,favoritism and discrimination as the movie industry ?

sylvia rhone and that bitxhmade slippper wearing fakkit la reid.

are the evilest nikkaz, who were label heads of rap or rnb of our gen.

rest in piss rhone and fukk you la reid,....

i know why i wasn't signed.

i was way to astute and knew the music business and corporate world more than most kids my age.

i learned the industry from real applied knowledge and discovery amd experience before i had a record, too.

i remember master p told juice he was to smart to be signed to no limit.

when he flew himself down to cali to meet with no limit. no lmit was taken aback that ju flew himself down himself.

they were even more amazed how he outrapped and outclassed the entire label, on their posse cuts, too.

p was cool though,..cause he tells you the deal is not greAt upfront.

first rule,..i learned in the industry was never let them pay for nuffin you do. so they know off top you not looking for a poor return on a handout.

when the puff deal was there,....with mike dunn for that bullshyt bread.

me and ju used to win and blow at the boat every night. me and him ammended that bullshyt contract with so much red ink.

they couldn't believe it,.....seven albums for eight thousand dollars, no mechsnical, no publishing and only eight points,..split between dunn and badboy.

so that means we would have gotten,..$o.32 an album.

fukk them and fukk that,......

me and ju hop in the luxury and lol at them nikkaz.

can you believe they were taking forever to present it too.

like me and ju thirsty,...nikka sincerely the number one indie record on bds,...

stop playing,...and what's worse they were disrespectful like ju was wack or some shyt,...fukk them house duck goofies.

the deal from jive was a joke too. i still wonder what petey pablo signed for when they took petey pablo, over ju.

not to mention ju and wendy were connected at the hip as well.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Nicholas Cage is forever in a big budget wack ass movie just cause he's a Coppola..Taylor Kirtsch just happened to be in a fake avatar/transformers

and im not selling anybody short...

Blacks should be less concerned with seeing black movies,Tv shows etc... and more concerned with seeing good black actors in good movies and black directors making good movies... not "black movies".

Black America as a whole pigeonholed itself into this situation, they've put all these barriers in place as far as what movies get put out......Blacks didn't line up in droves to see Last King of Scotland, but they sure as hell came out to see the Madea movies.

the problem lies more with the audiences than it does with the writers and actors...blacks are a very conservative audience, and it's biting us in the ass for everyone that's trying to make progress.

king of scotland wAs propagandA,...used to paint an even worse and harsh picture of idi amin.

while catering to a great white male in peril. where he actually was the catalyst for his punishment.

yet the story is written like it is okay to shag and romance the king of a land's wife.

movie is utter bullshyt.
yet, i get a lol sadistic kick.

out of idi stringing up that white lame by his pec's and nips.

serves you right,..you can't put the moves on a king's queen.

especially since you only got john buys a village prostitute game at best...

art barr

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I forgot to add this PIFF in my original post.

215px-Bebes_kids.jpg

Bebe Kids was such a classic.

When's the last time you saw a black cartoon MOVIE like this.

The Disney movie about the frog I didn't bother with. Why did the black princess have to fall in love with a frog? :rudy:

Last edited:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
To me the main difference between today and the 90's is that in the 90's you had movies with all black casts but the movies themselves could've been played by actors of any race. For example dead presidents was basically vietman vets struggles with a heist thrown in at the end...the cast was mostly black but the characters could've been played by white, asian, whatever. There was also hood classics like Menace to Society, Boyz in the hood....but there was a mixture. Nowadays every black movie that comes out has to be specifically catered to blacks or be some historical sh*t...there aren't any action movies, mainstream drama, blockbuster flicks with mostly black casts. That's the main problem

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Honestly, the last funny black sitcom was That's So Raven :krs:

Don't sleep. I used to watched that late night when I was I still in college, and it used to have me :laff:
:dahell: I used to watch that show (reluctantly). It was garbage. It's was just like any other garbage Disney Channel Multi-cam sitcom since than, it just happened to star a black family.

"Even Stevens" & "Lizzie McGuire" shyts on "That's So Raven".

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I made this thread during the Coli's inception:myman:

...4 yrs later, Straight Outta Compton's:dj2: the fist biopic to Snoop Dogg the Box-Office:fire: Creed's a runaway success:popcorn: And, Taraji/Viola/Regina Go HAM on network TV:blessed:

WE still need a Horror/SciFi entity, but I know Black Panthers finna make the cypher complete:ahh:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I made this thread during the Coli's inception:myman:

...4 yrs later, Straight Outta Compton's:dj2: the fist biopic to Snoop Dogg the Box-Office:fire: Creed's a runaway success:popcorn: And, Taraji/Viola/Regina Go HAM on network TV:blessed:

WE still need a Horror/SciFi entity, but I know Black Panthers finna make the cypher complete:ahh:
For SciFi, You still got Sleep Hollow for the time being

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
To me the main difference between today and the 90's is that in the 90's you had movies with all black casts but the movies themselves could've been played by actors of any race. For example dead presidents was basically vietman vets struggles with a heist thrown in at the end...the cast was mostly black but the characters could've been played by white, asian, whatever. There was also hood classics like Menace to Society, Boyz in the hood....but there was a mixture. Nowadays every black movie that comes out has to be specifically catered to blacks or be some historical sh*t...there aren't any action movies, mainstream drama, blockbuster flicks with mostly black casts. That's the main problem

It's not even that... it's that those are the only tried and true types of movies that bring black people out to the theaters... there are plenty of atypical mostly black movies in development/production hell cause none of the production companies want to take a risk on something.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
When it comes to these upstart networks geared towards blacks, they'd fare much better if they decided to air original content, and not just re-runs of shyt blacks liked in the 70's-90's.

Of all the re-runs they've showed on those networks of Sanford and Son,Good Times,Martin,The Parkers, NY Undercover... just how many new shows with black casts could we have had?

How many movies could've had a chance at somebody watching them if it wasn't for them showing Boyz N The Hood,Poetic Justice,Juice,Menace 2 Society etc. ?

:rudy: all the mostly black movies are stuck in the 2 starred graveyard on Netflix.