You can kill Tommy as Abby in TLOU2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's really only incel cacs that don't like TLOU2 cause they saw themselves in Joel who died, and see Abby as every "feminist" that wouldn't give them p*ssy they think they are entitled to. This game was a referendum on their whole life up until now.

It’s true, and what’s funny is the last of us 2 Reddit has turned into a full blown hate group. Even a year later it’s still going strong

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
It's really only incel cacs that don't like TLOU2 cause they saw themselves in Joel who died, and see Abby as every "feminist" that wouldn't give them p*ssy they think they are entitled to. This game was a referendum on their whole life up until now.

:laff: man cut that shyt out

its nothing wrong with enjoying the game, its also nothing wrong with acknowledging the story was too ambitious for the constraints they put on it and it fell flat in some places

its this weird thing with this game where anybody thats critical of it being a step down narrative wise from part 1 is wrong, shyt is mad polarized

its not this paragon of storytelling that folk like to pretend it is, especially compared to the first one

Fly

Superstar
Daps
well they were planing on running away tog3ther on his boat just before she found him laying in a pool of his own blood
Nah Abby never gave him a response after initially rejecting his offer. She only asked him for the boat so that they could go after Lev.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:laff: man cut that shyt out

its nothing wrong with enjoying the game, its also nothing wrong with acknowledging the story was too ambitious for the constraints they put on it and it fell flat in some places

its this weird thing with this game where anybody thats critical of it being a step down narrative wise from part 1 is wrong, shyt is mad polarized

its not this paragon of storytelling that folk like to pretend it is, especially compared to the first one

naw all you gotta do is go on the subreddit to see where the vocal minority of hate this game receives comes from. It ok if you don't like the story or game in general but thats not what's really going on

dozens of games come out every year and don't recieve the fraction of hate this game does, the fact that its still even going on is beyond weirdo shyt

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
naw all you gotta do is go on the subreddit to see where the vocal minority of hate this game receives comes from. It ok if you don't like the story or game in general but thats not what's really going on

dozens of games come out every year and don't recieve the fraction of hate this game does, the fact that its still even going on is beyond weirdo shyt

im not on reddit so i cant speak towards that, if you say theyre still wilding out there ill take your word for it

im only speaking about the discussions ive seen from last year and earlier this year when it was a trending topic

Daps
im not on reddit so i cant speak towards that, if you say theyre still wilding out there ill take your word for it

im only speaking about the discussions ive seen from last year and earlier this year when it was a trending topic
people were trying to make it seem like anyone who had any criticisms of this "perfect" game was an incel/neck beard/racist/racist reddit cac, etc. :mjlol:
no there were people pissed off by TLOU2 or had disagreements with story and/or 2nd half format decisions and they are none of the above

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

people were trying to make it seem like anyone who had any criticisms of this "perfect" game was an incel/neck beard/racist/racist reddit cac, etc. :mjlol:
no there were people pissed off by TLOU2 or had disagreements with story and/or 2nd half format decisions and they are none of the above
I'll personally say, I was furious when those spoilers about Joel's death leaked last April (?). I cancelled my pre-order and in fact, my first "playthrough" of this game was watching the whole game on YouTube. If I were more online I might even have been one of those dudes on Reddit complaining. Boy, was I wrong. They really made me care for this brolic bytch Abby. The writing was just what it needed to be. I commend Druckman and I'm glad they promoted him to co-president of ND.

Daps
I'll personally say, I was furious when those spoilers about Joel's death leaked last April (?). I cancelled my pre-order and in fact, my first "playthrough" of this game was watching the whole game on YouTube. If I were more online I might even have been one of those dudes on Reddit complaining. Boy, was I wrong. They really made me care for this brolic bytch Abby. The writing was just what it needed to be. I commend Druckman and I'm glad they promoted him to co-president of ND.
I'm glad ND was willing to take a risk. If we get a Game of Throneseque game from them in terms of major character deaths even better. This is what I think their new IP will be like and it will be Savage Starlight or be within that universe. However, because the story is not as well executed as TLOU and few games' stories are, I felt the 2nd half was a little forced in trying to get you to like Abby rather than making the story do it. Ellie is all anger, revenge, chaos, mayhem, killing dogs, etc. while Abby changes and connects (Lev), learns emapthy, Zebra scen with her dad, gets a dope boss fight, some of the best sequences in the game, and no killed dogs :comeon:
Oh and of course instead of what I thought would be a more clever way of letting Abby live after playing as for so long, flashback everything is good now what?:mjlol:
The ambition was clearly far beyond the 1st game and people don't realize this game was never about revenge
Neil banked on playing as Abby to get people to like her but rationale will tell you his idea wasn't going to work for everybody
Neil clearly knew this when he said it would divide the fanbase and it showed insecurity in how we went about brushing the entire set of people who had any sort of disagreements with the game as THEM :mjpls:
Had TLOU2 had the execution of Part 1 :picard:
I like TLOU2 for what it tried to do and for a lot of people it was 10/10 which should be a W for ND, Neil, and Sony

Last edited:

8.TRES

All Star
Daps

i dont think it was a bad game by any means, i enjoyed playing it through as well and i do think its a crazy well polished product

my main point is that part 1 is probably the least flawed narrative ive played through in a video game and part 2 was decisively not at that level for a variety of reasons

ive seen other people express similar sentiments and it feels like no matter what their grievances are, fans will always turn it into a "you dislike it because of abby/lev/whatever other gender dynamics" type situation and ive always though that was odd, especially when there are clear narrative issues outside of that whole element

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
... I felt the 2nd half was a little forced in trying to get you to like Abby rather than making the story do it. Ellie is all anger, revenge, chaos, mayhem, killing dogs, etc. while Abby changes and connects (Lev), learns emapthy, Zebra scen with her dad, gets a dope boss fight, some of the best sequences in the game, and no killed dogs ...

... Neil banked on playing as Abby to get people to like her but rationale will tell you his idea wasn't going to work for everybody
Neil clearly knew this when he said it would divide the fanbase and it showed insecurity in how we went about brushing the entire set of people who had any sort of disagreements with the game with THEM :mjpls:
Had TLOU2 had the execution of Part 1 :picard:

basically exactly this right here

to juxtapose it with another narrative, a lot of people have gripes with how mass effect 2 was the narrative out of the 3 that spent the most time on character building and introductions when thats exactly the type of addition the last of us needed before the plot in part 2

the writers for the last of us tried to do too much in too little time with these new characters in part 2, so they lost a lot of the poise and ambiguity they were able to imbue in part 1

the story had to be mad emotionally manipulative in making you seeing abby as this pure hearted character that was misguided, when the real creative genius in part 1 was the fact that you saw the characters of ellie and joel through their highs and lows and got to make your own judgement about them

in part 2 you basically had to sympathize with abby after seeing her beat joel's shyt in or else you just wouldn't play the game, and the only way to do that was to portray her as a completely different character from the monster she was at that point