"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Who's lying? If you drop her in a fulani village.

She'd be foreign. You drop in Georgia, NC, any american city she'd be at home. Nikka
:rudy:
Women in my family are born and bred NC girls and they all didn't start gaining weight until their late 40s early 50s. Soulfood diet and all.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
@im_sleep
You're a fukking m0r0n. If you're not a retarded sleep-walking sleeping duckling, you'd see that I've explained the Yoruba marker in my previous post. However, because your autistic and illiterate ass is an obdurate sleeping blockead, you won't see it. I thought you said the research paper from 2009 is outdated...why are you moving the goal post now, you insufferable dumbass with questionable intellect?

The only groupie here is you since you seem to know a lot about me but I don't even know about your existence until this thread and it's also going to end here. And who's a lil nikka? Watch your mouth because unlike you, I've a passport (I've had one since I was 5) and it won't cost me nothing to get on a plane to your hood and lump your ass up like Anthony Joshua did your brother Dominic Brezeale. And I'll do it with real Aframs riding for me. Clown ass nikka. LOL. Don't quote me back.

The most frequent Y chromosome in African American men is E1b1a. Over 60% of African American men carry that marker. It is also high among the Mandinkas and Yoruba, but it is most identified with the Bantu people migration. This is right off of the 23andme website:
Origin and Migrations of Haplogroup E-M180
Your paternal line stems from the E-M180 branch of E, which dominates south of the Sahara. The haplogroup originated about 17,000 years ago in the pockets of western Africa that were habitable at the time, when much of the continent was extremely dry due to Ice Age climate conditions.Over ten thousand years later, men bearing haplogroup E-M180 migrated throughout sub-Saharan Africa, spurred by the dvelopment of agriculture and iron-working in the region.

E-M180 is most common today among speakers of Bantu languages and those related to them; it reaches levels of up to 90% among the the Mandinka and Yoruba of western Africa, where the migrations began. Farther from their origin, E-M180 reaches frequencies of 50% or higher in the Hutu, Sukuma, Herero, and !Xhosa. The lineage is also the most common haplogroup among African-American male individuals. About 60% of African-American men fall into this haplogroup primarily due to the Atlantic slave trade, which drew individuals from western Africa and Mozambique, where E-M180 accounts for the majority of men.

The rest of what you are writing is just you conjecturing

Anyway, I only came back on the thread because of you and, you're much more level headed than the rest. And even if we don't agree - we can't always agree to disagree and move on. That's the essence of having these types of conversations.

That said, I don't think you read the research paper that I posted. Mandinka, Yoruba, and Bantu had different markers on the research paper and the overwhelming majority of the 450,000 genotypes of Aframs had the Yoruba marker compared to Mandika and Bantu. That's what I want you to explain. I know Yoruba, Mandinka, Bamileke, and a lot of Bantu groups in SE Africa carry the E1b1a haplogroup. However, this isn't about that since the three major markers were broken apart and tested separately.

This is the excerpt again:

These results were confirmed in the estimation of IA by using the program frappe (also in Figure 1). The amount of European ancestry shows considerable variation, with an average (± SD) of 21.9% ± 12.2%, and a range of 0 to 72% (Table 1). The largest African ancestral contribution comes from the Yoruba, with an average of 47.1% ± 8.7% (range, 18% to 64%), followed by the Bantu at 14.8% ± 5.0% (range, 3% to 28%) and Mandenka at 13.8% ± 4.5% (range, 3% to 29%). The contributions from the other three African groups were quite modest, with an average of 1.7% from the Biaka, 0.5% from the Mbuti, and 0.3% from the San. In the bar plot of frappeestimates, individuals (vertical bars) are arranged in order (left to right) corresponding to their value on the first PC coordinate. Clearly, this order correlates nearly perfectly with a decreasing proportion of European ancestry (Figure S1 in Additional file 1). Thus, the most important source of genetic structure in African Americans is based on the degree of European admixture.
Characterizing the admixed African ancestry of African Americans

^^ From that excerpt, you'd see the following:

- Yoruba: 47.1% ± 8.7% (range, 18% to 64%)
- Bantu: 14.8% ± 5.0% (range, 3% to 28%)
- Mandinka: 13.8% ± 4.5% (range, 3% to 29%)

This is basically what I want you to explain since DNA is the best marker to know one's ancestry. Also, I believe the Yoruba marker represents West Central Africa: Nigeria-Benin/Togo-Ghana axis (the Southern parts of the three countries apart from the few Bantu groups in parts of Eastern Nigeria).

PS: I'm not trying to claim anyone. I could care less about what y'all claim...I'm just doing this because it's a discourse.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Both are my parents are Nigerian and I hear this bullshyt often. Told a white female co-worker last week that my family is Nigerian, and she told me "But you're light-skinned". :snoop:

I work with Haitian people and they assumed I wasn't from Africa.

I remember talking to this one latina chick and she asked me about African people seeing lions, zebras and other wild life animals smh :dead:

Told her it was a common misconception but in my mind I'm thinking this is one dumb bih :gucci:
My fellow Naija breh..

:salute:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@im_sleep and @IllmaticDelta

Whoa! So, 2009 is outdated in science? Y'all aren't that bright. The both of you need to stick to giving opinions on rap music. Science/biology isn't your forte.

Now, let's look at the sample size:

450,000 Afram genotypes. That's a huge sample size and you can't get a better one than that.

tenor.gif

v79uD6v.png

8Tm3xzo.png

uwxUBH0.png

fnZ60KT.png

zx4jrYD.png

Cls9LdH.png

6Hrsw5L.png

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
@im_sleep
You're a fukking m0r0n. If you're not a retarded sleep-walking sleeping duckling, you'd see that I've explained the Yoruba marker in my previous post. However, because your autistic and illiterate ass is an obdurate sleeping blockead, you won't see it. I thought you said the research paper from 2009 is outdated...why are you moving the goal post now, you insufferable dumbass with questionable intellect?

The only groupie here is you since you seem to know a lot about me but I don't even know about your existence until this thread and it's also going to end here. And who's a lil nikka? Watch your mouth because unlike you, I've a passport (I've had one since I was 5) and it won't cost me nothing to get on a plane to your hood and lump your ass up like Anthony Joshua did your brother Dominic Brezeale. And I'll do it with real Aframs riding for me. Clown ass nikka. LOL. Don't quote me back.

Anyway, I only came back on the thread because of you and, you're much more level headed than the rest. And even if we don't agree - we can't always agree to disagree and move on. That's the essence of having these types of conversations.

That said, I don't think you read the research paper that I posted. Mandinka, Yoruba, and Bantu had different markers on the research paper and the overwhelming majority of the 450,000 genotypes of Aframs had the Yoruba marker compared to Mandika and Bantu. That's what I want you to explain. I know Yoruba, Mandinka, Bamileke, and a lot of Bantu groups in SE Africa carry the E1b1a haplogroup. However, this isn't about that since the three major markers were broken apart and tested separately.

This is basically what I want you to explain since DNA is the best marker to know one's ancestry. Also, I believe the Yoruba marker represents West Central Africa: Nigeria-Benin/Togo-Ghana axis (the Southern parts of the three countries apart from the few Bantu groups in parts of Eastern Nigeria).

PS: I'm not trying to claim anyone. I could care less about what y'all claim...I'm just doing this because it's a discourse.
:russell:

Save the emotional ass tough talk.

You came in here beating your chest about Yoruba's specifically(and don't front like you didn't try to downplay Igbo contribution like yall dont have genetic overlap), when regarding AA's, yall folks had some of the least amount of influence on us period to be honest.
:ld:

No one denies that region is a significant part of our ancestry...it's just YOUR folks of that region weren't really factors.
:yeshrug:

Cry about it.
:umad:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@im_sleep

That looks similar to a report done by a researcher named Zakaria in 2009, which listed regions and gave the Yoruba people as an example of people in the region. Researchers that followed up on his report contend that his sampling size was too limited; but in 2009 he went with what he had.

Specifying the African origins of the African American genome

Another researcher released this report with the spreadsheets attached. The highest Nigerian scores got to the Belizians, Jamacians, Guynease and the to African Americans; which is consistent with what I have been stating that Nigerians were most taken to the Caribbean and South America and from there they were brought to USA. Notice also that African Americans have high Ivory Coast/Ghana and Cameroon Congo and high combined Senegal and Mali test scores; which shows where their families regions origins are from. On top of all of that keep in mind that African Americans are one of the largest groups in the diaspora; so their numbers would not even be skewed like Black Mexicans.

When you get through with that take a look at that high Benin/Togo number in Haiti. That number is still high even though many Haitians were imported into the USA after the Haitian Revolution and even after more Nigerians flooded into the Caribbean after the Fulani Jihads.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_sjsM56m-0ewGu1RlWbg2MtEwhWJrcbc4sRnvpkUquU/edit#gid=533484568

Last edited:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
That looks similar to a report done by a researcher named Zakaria in 2009, which listed regions and gave the Yoruba people as an example of people in the region. Researchers that followed up on his report contend that his sampling size was too limited; but in 2009 he went with what he had.

Specifying the African origins of the African American genome

Another researcher released this report with the spreadsheets attached. The highest Nigerian scores got to the Belizians, Jamacians, Guynease and the to African Americans; which is consistent with what I have been stating that Nigerians were most taken to the Caribbean and South America and from there they were brought to USA. Notice also that African Americans have high Ivory Coast/Ghana and Cameroon Congo and high combined Senegal and Mali test scores; which shows where their families regions origins are from. On top of all of that keep in mind that African Americans are one of the largest groups in the diaspora; so their numbers would not even be skewed like Black Mexicans.

When you get through with that take a look at that high Benin/Togo number in Haiti. That number is still high even though many Haitians were imported into the USA after the Haitian Revolution and even after more Nigerians flooded into the Caribbean after the Fulani Jihads.

googlesheets]gid=533484568;id=1_sjsM56m-0ewGu1RlWbg2MtEwhWJrcbc4sRnvpkUquU
That blog is the TRUTH.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
It's funny watching the mental gymnastics of some WAs who pretend that they're superior to AAs yet deep down want to claim us and share our global impact/image.

The same people there who call us Akata want to look like us, talk like us and ride our wave. nikkas even going so far as saying their phenotype are identical to AAs.:mjgrin:

You weren't with us shooting in the gym b. Stay in your lane.
5Q5IItn.gif

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:martin:
:rudy:
Women in my family are born and bred NC girls and they all didn't start gaining weight until their late 40s early 50s. Soulfood diet and all.

So fat AA women not purchasing Planet fitness memberships in droves cause it's $9.99 a month?

Wowwwwwwww. I'm blind

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Your point is well taken. We don't share much cultural similarity with them, because they are not the people that most African Americans descended from. However, African Americans share quite a bit of cultural similarities with the Wollof, Mande people (Mandenkas, Gullah, Kpelle, Vai, Loko, Mende, Bambaran etc.) of Sierra Leone, Liberia, Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Conakry, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast. Just the fact that the Blues was so common among the slaves shows whose culture they carried.