yong yea xbox bethesda exclusives but wont name the games?! wtf...smfh

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Honestly first parties was comparable before this acquisition, with this acquisition sony is going to have it tough. They have like 7-8 studios right now with long ass dev cycles.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop wasting your keystrokes and just :laff:

same dudes that copped pleas for a company who took an entire gen off believe Phoney Phil saying we gonna do better every year. :mjlol:

Trying to be objective, Phil has proven in the past that you've got to wait to see the end product before buying in on what he says.

Again, he's REALLY good at speaking to his audience, and I would like to see Microsoft do well. But I know a salesman at work when I see one. Throwing out a bunch of sentences that sound definitive surrounded by ones that aren't is a classic move to strengthen your offer on both sides of a position without completely losing anyone on either side. XBox fans have been victory lapping for the last day, and non XBox fans have been arguing how they technically haven't officially lost lit on anything yet. Meanwhile, Phil and Microsoft got what they wanted, and don't have to answer any serious questions about this until we start getting more concrete info about actual games.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Trying to be objective, Phil has proven in the past that you've got to wait to see the end product before buying in on what he says.

Again, he's REALLY good at speaking to his audience, and I would like to see Microsoft do well. But I know a salesman at work when I see one. Throwing out a bunch of sentences that sound definitive surrounded by ones that aren't is a classic move to strengthen your offer on both sides of a position without completely losing anyone on either side. XBox fans have been victory lapping for the last day, and non XBox fans have been arguing how they technically haven't officially lost lit on anything yet. Meanwhile, Phil and Microsoft got what they wanted, and don't have to answer any serious questions about this until we start getting more concrete info about actual games.

What you mean he says it's for gamepass services it will be for gamepass services. You can't use previous games as an example due to them not being their studios. Ori Cuphead was not Microsoft but Microsoft backed titles which made it easier for them to come to Nintendo or Sony etc...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

The man is a charlatan and these dudes gobble it up :mjlol:
EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you mean he says it's for gamepass services it will be for gamepass services. You can't use previous games as an example due to them not being their studios. Ori Cuphead was not Microsoft but Microsoft backed titles which made it easier for them to come to Nintendo or Sony etc...

Right. He said that, but also said they'd take into account other games' legacies, communities, business relationships, fukking dinner preferences......

My point is that issuing a definitive statement with qualifiers is not issuing a definitive statement. YOU heard "These are XBox ecosystem exclusives now." I heard "We own those properties, and we'll do what's best for us, when it's best for us". And what's best for them isn't a blanket stance of being exclusive or multiplat. It'll be a case by case thing. If I'm Microsoft, and have proof that Bethesda was still selling millions of copies of Elder Scrolls and Fallout on Playstation despite getting versions that run worse, or in the case of Oblivion not coming out until a year later, I'm highly considering keeping that money coming in.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Right. He said that, but also said they'd take into account other games' legacies, communities, business relationships, fukking dinner preferences......

My point is that issuing a definitive statement with qualifiers is not issuing a definitive statement. YOU heard "These are XBox ecosystem exclusives now." I heard "We own those properties, and we'll do what's best for us, when it's best for us". And what's best for them isn't a blanket stance of being exclusive or multiplat. It'll be a case by case thing. If I'm Microsoft, and have proof that Bethesda was still selling millions of copies of Elder Scrolls and Fallout on Playstation despite getting versions that run worse, or in the case of Oblivion not coming out until a year later, I'm highly considering keeping that money coming in.

I still don’t see how the math works out...how do you give away AAA games that cost around 100 million dollars to make (not counting marketing cost) on top of a 7.4billion dollar acquisition and still profit.

A 15 dollar subscription isn’t going to do it as we see with Netflix (which is now 18 dollars), and they are trying to cut off people sharing accounts. Sure, Microsoft has the money to BLOW now in terms of this service being a loss leader but the only way they make even on it is if they essentially get the entire PlayStation and Nintendo fan base into the eco-system which is still highly unlikely.

They are counting on this acquisition tripling gamepass subscribers

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's fukking fun...:russ: and the fukkery and crazy monsters that come out and attack you out of nowhere is fun asf...The story was good too...:ehh:
The good/evil system in three supplies so much fukk shyt in FO3:mjlol::mjlol:

Then they dropped FO 4:beli:

It wasn’t garbage but it was definitely mid. Making the game a shooter at the expense of a RPG was a major setback for the overall experience imo