yo, it's CRAZY talking to younger ppl nowadays

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Unfortunately, my parents had no issues with me owning a G-Unit album when I was in elementary school.

Played that shyt on my cd player on a trip to the beach smh.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I remember while Snoop was being charged for murder around 1993 - 95 (acquitted in 1996) and "gangsta rapper" was all the rage in the media (Tupac, Tipper Gore, C. Delores Tucker), the only radio station in my part of Eastern North Carolina that played R&B and hip hop...really only black station on FM it seems at the time....Kiss 102 FM....stop playing hip hop or at least the slightly harder stuff during that whole period or longer it seems. I actually feel like they put out a PSA saying they wouldn"t be playing "gangsta rap" anymore. Which is probably why I never heard a lot of rap artists on the radio mid 90s....plus I didn't have cable for Rap City/Yo MTV Rap. They put a purge/censor on "gangsta rap"....but the sexual stuff stayed on the radio.....:laugh:.....

MC Hammer, Sir Mix a Lot, New Jack Swing artists, etc were doing just fine.

Because I got tired of listening to the same damn song over and over again, I moved the radio dial over to the pop, rock, and even oldies station....that's right...when Eric Clapton "Tears in Heaven" or "Laila" was on the oldies station you couldn't tell me shiiit....:ufdup:

I got my first rap cassettee and any genre in December 1995, the single of Lost Boyz's "Lex, Coups, Bimaz and the Benz" and that would be the beginning of my CD and Tape Cassette Empire :blessed:.

Last edited:

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
I'm 19 but being from Miami I always heard 2 Live Crew along with the explicit stuff they played on the radio :yeshrug:

Knew the lyrics to me so horny as long as I could remember :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
raunchy sh*t has been around for like 30yrs now right ?

2 Live Crew

mofos was doing "the butt" in the late eighties I think this cat been out the bag

NWA was saying "Find'em, Fukk'em, & Flee" and basically rhymed about raping bishes how old was nikkas then (if you were around at that time)

Not much older than she was if you were...

:yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember rapping 2 live crews dirty nursery rhymes during recess in 3rd grade. I was in the middle of that half dome jungle gym showing off. Right when I said "just get down here on your knees and suck this bear ass dikk" a teacher walked by and heard me. Assistant principal paddled the shyt out of me.
:laff:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
i was singing "i'll make love to you" like a simp in 3rd grade.

has nothing to do with "talking to younger people"

I'll make love to you is not on par with I'm in love with a Stripper.

The dynamic is different