yo, it's CRAZY talking to younger ppl nowadays

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I was at a store the other day, and this girl was helping me find something. What I was looking for wasn't on the shelf and she was looking on the computer to see if there was any in-stock at all.

So she's on the cpu, and T-Pain's "Bartender" is playing in the background on another co-workers phone, and she's singing along kinda slyly. So I'm making small talk with her about the song, and I ask her, "So how old are you?" She says, "16."

I was like " Wow:dwillhuh:, this song came out when you were like 6 years old?" She was like, "Yeah, T-Pain was my favorite....I used to sing "I'm in Love with a Stripper" on the playground."

I was like :damn:

When I was that age I was probably listening to Michael Jackson, Lionel richie, Whitney Houston, Levert, etc.

Now we got the era who were in kindergarten or younger when they're parents were riding around listening to "Get Low" and the Lil Jon/T-Pain era.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
89f.gif

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I once said good gracious ass is bodacious infront of my whole family when I was like 6.

I thought the lyrics were good gracious asbodacious, turns out asbodacious isn't even a word :unsure:

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...when i was just a lower case g, i remember this song playing on the radio was getting a lot of airplay. i knew it was about a dude being into his lady, so i thought i'd request it over the radio to play for a young lady i was crushin' on at my school.

trying to get the dj to play "i wanna sex you up" by color me badd to be played for my teacher, did not fly with the local radio stations down in dallas.

moral of the story is...we're old, and she will be our age one day and she too will question the youth and their actions then.

Zombi_Jeezus

Bad Hombre
Daps
Reppin
Wasted Talent
I remember rapping 2 live crews dirty nursery rhymes during recess in 3rd grade. I was in the middle of that half dome jungle gym showing off. Right when I said "just get down here on your knees and suck this bear ass dikk" a teacher walked by and heard me. Assistant principal paddled the shyt out of me.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
I was at a store the other day, and this girl was helping me find something. What I was looking for wasn't on the shelf and she was looking on the computer to see if there was any in-stock at all.

So she's on the cpu, and T-Pain's "Bartender" is playing in the background on another co-workers phone, and she's singing along kinda slyly. So I'm making small talk with her about the song, and I ask her, "So how old are you?" She says, "16."

I was like " Wow:dwillhuh:, this song came out when you were like 6 years old?" She was like, "Yeah, T-Pain was my favorite....I used to sing "I'm in Love with a Stripper" on the playground."

I was like :damn:

When I was that age I was probably listening to Michael Jackson, Lionel richie, Whitney Houston, Levert, etc.

Now we got the era who were in kindergarten or younger when they're parents were riding around listening to "Get Low" and the Lil Jon/T-Pain era.
Nothing new I was singing freak like me in elementary and jodeci