Y'all watching Bust Down on Peacock?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Watched a couple more episodes and I like it, I think if they get it a season 2 it would be better. I think it’s kind of dope that most of the cast use their real names. Langston, Sam, and Gibbs are doing great, Chris Redd is hit or miss but feels like he trying too hard, Jak is meh.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I don’t recall any LGBT/feminist agenda.
Don't feel like doing a detailed breakdown, but basically that what Sam Jay's character is for.
Just pay attention to all her lines in the script.
She's the only character in a relationship.
She's also the only character with any semblance of intelligence, the other three are buffoons.

But elsewhere:
Chris (drinking a 40): I'll be like Deray McKesson with the Black Lives Matter Movement!
Langston: That movement was actually started by Black women.
Chris: Well, what did Black men do then?
Sam: Retweet sometimes?

One of the dudes is gay and weak, the other dude is straight and weak, Chris Redd's character is the only masculine one, but he's the least intelligent and biggest buffoon out of the crew, bucking eyes and all.
The first episode is about their white male boss grabbing the Black employee's dikks and they're too afraid to do anything about it.

Not to put on the Tin Foil Kufi, but these shows are real slick with the jabs and it's easy to miss if you're just happy to see Black centered shows and looking to be entertained.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't feel like doing a detailed breakdown, but basically that what Sam Jay's character is for.
She's also the only character with any semblance of intelligence, the other three are buffoons.
But she cheats on her girl and her side chick is an awful person.

It's why the Always Sunny comparison works for me.

Both are shows with 4 awful main characters that have some of the following characteristics:

• dumb
  • psychopath
  • selfish
  • think they're smarter than they really are
  • annoying
  • delusional
Langston is smart, he's just annoying as fukk and/or surrounded by people that give him the :martin:when he has a good idea, or he'll go too far with his shyt trying to prove a point.

One of the dudes is gay and weak, the other dude is straight and weak, Chris Redd's character is the only masculine one, but he's the least intelligent and biggest buffoon out of the crew, bucking eyes and all.
The first episode is about their white male boss grabbing the Black employee's dikks and they're too afraid to do anything about it.

When Jak tells people what happened, everyone tells him he fukked up and that he should've beat his ass. And while he was weak that episode, we have him down to fight the fake Kevin Samuels dude:manny:

Even Chris Redd, when he tells the story about what his mom's friend did to him, everyone hits him with the :dwillhuh:and tells him that he was molested and that she was in the wrong.

It's a show about a$$holes getting into crazy situations.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Watched first couple eps. shyt funny as hell. Wouldn’t have known about the show if it wasn’t for this thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
When did Peacock start this bullshyt where you can only watch 1 episode if you’re not signed up for premium :wtf:

I barely use this app but this the first time I noticed this shyt

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I watched the 1st episode and laughed like once or twice :ld:. I see from the comments it looks like it might get better, but I have some other stuff I want to finish before maybe giving it more time.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

But elsewhere:
Chris (drinking a 40): I'll be like Deray McKesson with the Black Lives Matter Movement!
Langston: That movement was actually started by Black women.
Chris: Well, what did Black men do then?
Sam: Retweet sometimes?

Not to put on the Tin Foil Kufi, but these shows are real slick with the jabs and it's easy to miss if you're just happy to see Black centered shows and looking to be entertained.

I watched the first 3 episodes and I am not feeling it. You articulated why I don't like this show. All the characters have menial jobs and act like buffoons. Chris Redd is not funny with his buggy eyes.

When I knew Lorne Michaels was involved I knew it would be bullshyt, he loves seeing black folk looking silly.