Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Mr. PBH gag was funny when we found out he wasn't an imaginary character and actually a close friend Beth capped :russ:

But I dunno about a full ep because he's really not that wild in this story except the 4th wall breaking Rick already does.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Damn, people are already talking about dropping the show when the last season was quality? :dahell:

I'll admit the season premiere wasn't the best the show could do, and it was nowhere close to the season six premiere, but from the reactions in here, you would think it was as bad as the Voltron episode. It would have been better as the third or fourth episode of the season. Opening the season up with it was a weird choice, especially since the season premiere tends to pick up where the season finale left off.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn, people are already talking about dropping the show when the last season was quality? :dahell:

I'll admit the season premiere wasn't the best the show could do, and it was nowhere close to the season six premiere, but from the reactions in here, you would think it was as bad as the Voltron episode. It would have been better as the third or fourth episode of the season. Opening the season up with it was a weird choice, especially since the season premiere tends to pick up where the season finale left off.
Nah, each progressive season has not been as good as the last one before it ever since season 1 and 2.

I'd argue that the citadel era was the end.

Now if the first episode of the New season was mediocre, then how do you think the rest of it will be?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Nah, each progressive season has not been as good as the last one before it ever since season 1 and 2.

Now if the first episode of the New season was mediocre, then how do you think the rest of it will be?

Season six was the best season since season three. I guess season five was the weakest, but there were multiple episodes that season I really liked, especially the last three.

One mediocre episode doesn't mean the rest of the season will be the same quality. For all we know, the next episode will be a classic.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Cmon breh, we got the qualudes crow hunter Rick anime & evil Morty in season 5 and Prime Rick & Pissmaster in Season 6.

The best way to rate Rick & Morty seasons isn’t by how good the episodes are but how bad the shyt ones are and that definitely goes to season 3 or 4.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
One mediocre episode doesn't mean the rest of the season will be the same quality. For all we know, the next episode will be a classic.
Was not impressed with this episode either. Felt like more filler.

might be the end of an era :francis:

I think they could’ve actually created a legitimate plotline if they let Rickjeto leave at the end. It’s almost like they are actively trying to NOT have a story. Like some white dudes were have a stream of consciousness combo in the writers room :snoop:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It’s almost like they are actively trying to NOT have a story. Like some white dudes were have a stream of consciousness combo in the writers room :snoop:
They initially made the show to ignore continuity or mock it. They really only started focusing on adding more of a long plot in the later seasons. Idk if they're going back to that, but they spent most of the first few seasons without really worrying about story.