Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Morty’s voice is good. It doesn’t screech as much anymore but that’s also how teenagers voices are. The rick voice is inferior but it’s better than his S1 voice

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'm pretty sure Justin already recorded for season seven and when he got fired, the producers had to get the new voice actors to mimic the dialogue he already recorded. I think in the later seasons, they'll start writing to what the new guys sound like instead of having them dub over prerecorded lines.

Like someone else said, Rick's new voice actor sounds off when he's yelling, but when he's just talking, I don't notice a difference between him and Justin. I barely notice anything different about Morty unless, again, he's projecting. Whoever they got to voice him was dead-on.

Another thing is that Justin's voice changed a lot over the years. All that screaming must have taken a toll on him. In the last season, Rick sounded raspy as fukk, like he needed to clear his throat something fierce. It's not going to be easy to replace that kind of style. Justin was also recording from home and directing himself, so these new guys are never going to approach Rick and Morty the way he did because they're being coached.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I'm assuming Roiland was actual a mess when doing the voices so it'll be interesting to see the new actors do this :pachaha:
I think I read an interview when all the charges were coming out that he was such a menace they actually had him recording shyt at a different studio/his basement? Something like that. He was already not writing much on the show anymore and they would just send him stuff.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I read an interview when all the charges were coming out that he was such a menace they actually had him recording shyt at a different studio/his basement? Something like that. He was already not writing much on the show anymore and they would just send him stuff.

New interview w/ Harmon gets into details:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

Justin hated doing the show after season one. Dan hired new writers for season two because he wanted to elevate the quality and it led to a clash between the new writers and the old ones. Justin didn't like the vibe in the room anymore and he would contribute bullshyt ideas and not want to show up. Around season three, he was even more checked out and barely showed up to the studio. When he did, he would just drive RC cars around. Him and Dan weren't seeing eye to eye anymore and they had to bring in a mediator, but that didn't help. That's also why season three took so long to make (it was originally supposed to be 14 episodes and come out by the end of 2016).

Dan and Justin were able to work out their problems long enough to negotiate the 70-episode deal, which would ensure job security and help move production along. They hired a new showrunner (Scott Marder) to handle the day-to-day operations because the old method wasn't working anymore. But that was the last time they were on the same page. I think this is when Justin started recording from home and he hadn't written for the show since 2015, so most of the writers never met him. The last conversation he had with Dan was four years ago through text, and Dan ended up crying because Justin talked about how unhappy he was.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Justin hated doing the show after season one. Dan hired new writers for season two because he wanted to elevate the quality and it led to a clash between the new writers and the old ones. Justin didn't like the vibe in the room anymore and he would contribute bullshyt ideas and not want to show up. Around season three, he was even more checked out and barely showed up to the studio. When he did, he would just drive RC cars around. Him and Dan weren't seeing eye to eye anymore and they had to bring in a mediator, but that didn't help. That's also why season three took so long to make (it was originally supposed to be 14 episodes and come out by the end of 2016).

Dan and Justin were able to work out their problems long enough to negotiate the 70-episode deal, which would ensure job security and help move production along. They hired a new showrunner (Scott Marder) to handle the day-to-day operations because the old method wasn't working anymore. But that was the last time they were on the same page. I think this is when Justin started recording from home and he hadn't written for the show since 2015, so most of the writers never met him. The last conversation he had with Dan was four years ago through text, and Dan ended up crying because Justin talked about how unhappy he was.
Dan Harmon made the show. Justin got lucky and now his luck has run out.