Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The season finale explained everything and then left questions

fukking Evil Morty man :wow:
It did answer most of the questions, and I liked it, but I gotta say...I know the Rick and Morty is a fast paced and quip-filled show, but god damn they delivered a lot of that info really fast. I had to hop on Reddit and read a few posts to make sure I caught everything. And I've been interested in the mythology since it first stated piling up, but the speed of the dialogue and the speed of some of the flash-backs and memory implant/replays was so break-neck that I missed a couple things that were implied.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The middle of the season was the worst the show has ever been. It was fair to say. These last 3 redeemed this season
This season was all over the place to me. I actually liked a couple of the earlier episodes a lot. Some middle eps were some of the worst. And the final eps were pretty strong.

This is kind of becoming what I've come to expect after season 2. IMO seasons 3, 4, and 5 have all been a bit of a mixed bag, and up and down throughout each season. I also think it's pretty clear that they don't want to have to write as much mythology and would like to go to more of an episodic/monster-of-the-week format. It'll be interesting to see if they use this finale as a way to get away from the mythology, or if they continue to explore the ramifications of what we just saw.

@Mike the Executioner I agree that S5 > S4, but I think The Acid Vat episode from S4 might be the best episode of either season.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So a Morty-led multiverse?!!?:ohhh:
Ultimately Evil Morty just wanted to get to a multiverse beyond the ones where Rick was the smartest man in the universe. I would imagine there are some universes where Evil Morty went to where Morty is the smartest person in the universe, and/or in charge of the universe.

Any and all universes exist in infinity, and Evil Morty is truly in infinity now. This entire time we haven't truly been seeing the entire multiverse, because the Council of Ricks/Citadel cut out the ability to travel outside of the Central Finite Curve (aka any universe where Rick isn't the smartest man in the universe).

Evil Morty's new teleportation gun shot yellow portals instead of green portals, presumably, because the green fueled teleportation guns only allowed for that teleportation between world in the Central Finite Curve.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ultimately Evil Morty just wanted to get to a multiverse beyond the ones where Rick was the smartest man in the universe. I would imagine there are some universes where Evil Morty went to where Morty is the smartest person in the universe, and/or in charge of the universe.

Any and all universes exist in infinity, and Evil Morty is truly in infinity now. This entire time we haven't truly been seeing the entire multiverse, because the Council of Ricks/Citadel cut out the ability to travel outside of the Central Finite Curve (aka any universe where Rick isn't the smartest man in the universe).

Evil Morty's new teleportation gun shot yellow portals instead of green portals, presumably, because the green fueled teleportation guns only allowed for that teleportation between world in the Central Finite Curve.

:ehh::ohhh:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This season was all over the place to me. I actually liked a couple of the earlier episodes a lot. Some middle eps were some of the worst. And the final eps were pretty strong.

This is kind of becoming what I've come to expect after season 2. IMO seasons 3, 4, and 5 have all been a bit of a mixed bag, and up and down throughout each season. I also think it's pretty clear that they don't want to have to write as much mythology and would like to go to more of an episodic/monster-of-the-week format. It'll be interesting to see if they use this finale as a way to get away from the mythology, or if they continue to explore the ramifications of what we just saw.

@Mike the Executioner I agree that S5 > S4, but I think The Acid Vat episode from S4 might be the best episode of either season.

I agree. "The Vat of Acid Episode" was an instant classic. It's one of those episodes that deserved the Emmy it received (although "The View from Halfway Down" was apparently one of the GOAT BoJack Horseman episodes, so you could easily argue why it shouldn't have won).

The first act of that episode was written perfectly, and the scene where Morty tells Rick that he can't build the place saving device is one of the best in the series. It also has one of the best lines of dialogue in the series: "Before what you're trying to do was called negging, it was called reverse psychology and incels didn't invent it, Bugs Bunny did. :mjlol:"

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
It's episodes like these that make me question people who say the show fell off, or try to act like it's dead on the same level as Simpsons or Family Guy.

We're not watching the same show. There are some episodes every season that are just random events that don't lead to anything, but pretty much every season finale is setting something up, or is the payoff to something else. The last three episodes were some of the best that Rick & Morty has done in a while. I think the show has an almost perfect track record when it comes to serialized episodes, while the standalone episodes can go either way.

I also think season five was better than four. Less jokes about being meta and not being afraid to take things seriously, more consistency in quality, the characters seem to be moving forward instead of stagnating. Season six could easily start with them quickly moving on from the finale and doing random shyt, but I still feel good about this show and what it can do. After five seasons, there's still a lot of life in it, even if it's getting a little easier to figure out the formula.

Also, that tag at the end from Mr. Poopybutthole was depressing. :mjcry: Not even a joke or him saying he'll see us next season, just him talking about how fukked up his life is and telling the audience not to make the same mistakes he made. :mjcry:

We got 6 episodes of filler bro

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
We got 6 episodes of filler bro

Other than the last three, what was the fourth non-filler episode?

And I'm not saying every episode this season was good. That Voltron episode sucked, I didn't even laugh at it once. And I didn't have the same problems with "Rickdependence Spray" that everyone else did, but I understand why people don't like that episode. I just don't like this idea that the show is dead, that it can't make good episodes anymore like the earlier seasons. I don't think people want to have this conversation, but season one is overrated to me. There were classic episodes, sure, but it wasn't this next level show that internet nerds thought it was. Season two was when the show evolved and lived up to its reputation, and even then, there are two bad episodes in it ("Get Schwifty" and "Interdimensional Cable 2").

I feel like Rick & Morty becoming wildly popular was the best and worst thing that ever happened to it. On one hand, more people appreciated how good it was and it was an example of a quality show getting mainstream appeal while still doing whatever it wanted. On the other hand, it went from being this underground stoner comedy show to prestige TV. And that led to higher expectations, weirdos hijacking the fan base, and people complaining that the show sold out because it wasn't just them and their friends watching it anymore. Has the show changed since season one? Is it a lot more aware of itself now to the point of being insecure? Yes. But is it :flabbynsick: and gasping for air? Am I worried about its future? Hell no, at least not now.

When you fall off, you lose the ability to make quality episodes anymore. You just spend years doing the same tired shyt and hope that people still care about you. The Simpsons is dead. It's been dead for at least a decade and a half now. Family Guy died, put itself in the reanimator, and now it's walking around trying to cheat death while knowing that it should have died a long time ago. And I still watch both those shows, but it is what it is at this point.

Rick and Morty isn't at that point yet. You don't have three great episodes in a row, or come out with multiple classics a season when you're at that point. The only other show that could fukk with Rick and Morty like that was BoJack Horseman, and it ended a year and a half ago so.........who's still the king? :myman:

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
@Mike the Executioner I agree with most of your points but Interdimensional Cable 2 was amazing to me :yeshrug:

It's actually not that bad of an episode, but it's just really lazy compared to "Rixty Minutes." You can tell the writers did it out of obligation, thinking it could be like a Treehouse of Horror thing but I just feel like the original episode was a perfect storm of events that couldn't be repeated. And they don't do sequels anyway so that's why they haven't tried it since.