Y'all think Drake vs Fold coming?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Ur 100% wrong. He did In The Morning with Drake in 2010. Actually before that cause I heard In The Morning before it even hit FNL. U actually don't know what ur talking about I was a fan of both these cats since the beginning.
In a December 2010 interview with Vibe Kendrick is saying him and Cole have already recorded a bunch of music together and Cole had mentioned Kendrick enough up to that point that the article had to ask him about what all the chatter was about so obviously the rumors weren't brand new.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Ur 100% wrong. He did In The Morning with Drake in 2010. Actually before that cause I heard In The Morning before it even hit FNL. U actually don't know what ur talking about I was a fan of both these cats since the beginning.
All I know is Drake sux.

But all trolling aside, I'm 100% right solely off the fact that my sibling was Coles manager before he signed to Hov lol. I had the dead pres. EP in like 05 or 06 or something.

He was producing behind the scenes and TDE was up and coming. In the morning was off his first album which I believe was also released in 2011. Section 80 came out before that. My niece goes out to all his shows free.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
In a December 2010 interview with Vibe Kendrick is saying him and Cole have already recorded a bunch of music together and Cole had mentioned Kendrick enough up to that point that the article had to ask him about what all the chatter was about so obviously the rumors weren't brand new.

In The Morning is an old song. Before FNL. FNL dropped in November 2010. Cole met Drake in 09. He met Kendrick some time in 2010.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
All I know is Drake sux.

But all trolling aside, I'm 100% right solely off the fact that my sibling was Coles manager before he signed to Hov lol. I had the dead pres. EP in like 05 or 06 or something.

He was producing behind the scenes and TDE was up and coming. In the morning was off his first album which I believe was also released in 2011. Section 80 came out before that. My niece goes out to all his shows free.
U know all these people yet still wrong. In The Morning wasn't off his first album. It was on Friday Night Lights. Which dropped November 2010. Thing is I had In The Morning WAY before it was on that project.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

It's a very similar timeline. Cole met Kendrick in early 2010, when only The Warm Up was out. Cole has told the story about them running into each other at an album release party for an LA group. They dapped and Kendrick reminded him they had also met earlier at the XXL Freshman cover shoot since Jay Rock was on it.

I'm not gonna say who was closer than who since that shyt is lame. But clearly 2010 was the year all three were fukking with each other to some degree. That's when Cole and Kendrick started working together on multiple songs, and Cole and Drake did In The Morning.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Yea, I didn't wanna go too much in depth lol. This is more accurate from personal experience.

Everyone ragging on him for apologizing to Kendrick but they have a much deeper history essentially like music industry brothers. The story Punch told of Cole fighting Diddy was true because that's his mans.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
U know all these people yet still wrong. In The Morning wasn't off his first album. It was on Friday Night Lights. Which dropped November 2010. Thing is I had In The Morning WAY before it was on that project.
My timelines may be off but you're still wrong about Cole and Drake being cool before Kendrick. I'm telling you from personal experience on that part. Drake came in trying to find an identity for himself with the industry pushing him onto anyone that could promote him. Cole and Kendrick was organic.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Wont happen but i think cole would get washed

if 7 minute drill is any indication of his battle skills fold would be easy pickings for the boy
:yeshrug:I agree and that isn’t even shyting on Cole. Bro just doesn’t seem like he’s the person to take it “there.”

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that heads are entertaining Cole having some form of battle rap in him is hilarious as hell. The dude is Joe Budden with a good dose of Lexipro. I can see the bars now:

"Drizzy you not going to get busy
nikka fukk you I'm in your fukking city
like RJ you don't wanna play
nikka I shoot the spray
and lay you down on display
for the full court melee
I'm getting ready to shoot the three
steadily dropping 50 on your head
with the deadly melody
OVO can hol that
Chubbs can fold that
Who that nikka I be's that"

:patrice: NGL that kinda went hard from the marsupial pen.

Multi syllable rhyming never happened?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

It was on both projects technically but you're right because I remember when it leaked before FNL. I know that Cole and Drake were compared heavy prior to Cole dropping his debut, in fact they been compared since Cole dropped The Warm up with people calling J Cole the next Nas and Drake the next Jay. The blog era was heavy at that time so we got a lot of leaks from them both. Cole and Drake met sometime during that era so maybe 2009 but Kendrick also met Cole around the same time technically since he met him at the XXL cover shoot thanks to Jay Rock in 2009.

As far as who is closer, it's tough to say. I feel Kendrick and Cole are closer because Cole is even real close with TDE producing for a few of their artist, collabing with their artist and even the fact it was Q who suggested he leave the beef alone says a lot. You don't see Cole really bonding with Drake's team like that but who knows. At the same time Cole and Drake were close too and Drake helped Cole out with promo for his album

With that said who knows who is closer to who, we don't know the bond they have.
and Kendrick
Nah, I feel Cole's peak was 2014 FHD. He can rap but I think Kendrick would destroy him lyrically if he wanted to. Kendrick can Multi and do all the shyt he can do but what Cole is better than Kendrick on is story telling and creating an emotion with tracks. His best work is more soulful and less structured in a way then Kendrick's work but none of that shyt means a thing in a battle.

Last edited:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
It was on both projects technically but you're right because I remember when it leaked before FNL. I know that Cole and Drake were compared heavy prior to Cole dropping his debut, in fact they been compared since Cole dropped The Warm up with people calling J Cole the next Nas and Drake the next Jay. The blog era was heavy at that time so we got a lot of leaks from them both. Cole and Drake met sometime during that era so maybe 2009 but Kendrick also met Cole around the same time technically since he met him at the XXL cover shoot thanks to Jay Rock in 2009.

As far as who is closer, it's tough to say. I feel Kendrick and Cole are closer because Cole is even real close with TDE producing for a few of their artist, collabing with their artist and even the fact it was Q who suggested he leave the beef alone says a lot. You don't see Cole really bonding with Drake's team like that but who knows. At the same time Cole and Drake were close too and Drake helped Cole out with promo for his debut

With that said who knows who is closer to who, we don't know the bond they have.

Nah, I feel Cole's peak was 2014 FHD. He can rap but I think Kendrick would destroy him lyrically if he wanted to. Kendrick can Multi and do all the shyt he can do but what Cole is better than Kendrick on is story telling and creating an emotion with tracks. His best work is more soulful and less structured in a way then Kendrick's work but none of that shyt means a thing in a battle.

Looks like a Best Buy in Manhattan