Y'all ready for $70 games for Next Gen?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Even then it wasn't clear cut she was gay, she kissed a girl but she was a kid. And in all the years to follow there was no hint of this again until a girl randomly kisses her 1st and shes all in

Man if you gotta explicitly spell shyt out because mufukkaz too dumb then....

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man if you gotta explicitly spell shyt out because mufukkaz too dumb then....

It's not even that, it just wasn't a big deal in part one infact it was never even brought up, until the dlc you wouldn't have thought about it, she was just a girl, but man it was almost the main focus of part 2....

Intimate Relationships weren't the focus of the 1st game.

Somehow part 2 became a day time story.

Keeping Ellie out of relationships (especially because since she mentioned that she loses everyone that gets close to her) would have been the way to go.

But like I said, this game wanted to push a narrative and it screwed up what could have been a classic by trying to tell unnecessary story's and ideologies imo.

Oh to stay on topic this game could have easily been a 70 dollar game imo

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t own an NES/SNES or a genesis til I started my career @ 24

:mjlol:

all these shyts were dirt cheap by then...I understand now why pops wouldn’t buy me no video games/systems growing up...thought he was just being cheap...these prices were outrageous

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's not even that, it just wasn't a big deal in part one infact it was never even brought up, until the dlc you wouldn't have thought about it, she was just a girl, but man it was almost the main focus of part 2....

Intimate Relationships weren't the focus of the 1st game.

Somehow part 2 became a day time story.

Keeping Ellie out of relationships (especially because since she mentioned that she loses everyone that gets close to her) would have been the way to go.

But like I said, this game wanted to push a narrative and it screwed up what could have been a classic by trying to tell unnecessary story's and ideologies imo.

Oh to stay on topic this game could have easily been a 70 dollar game imo

I just don't do the fake social media outrage thing. 9 times out of ten it's full of shyt which is what the whole "controversy" is.

But yea, easy 70 dollar game

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
There is no justification. This is greed and that's it. It's no more expensive to produce games now than it was for the PS4 and Xbox One. Besides a game like 2K where they rehash the same game year after year is cheap to produce. And don't even get me started on the micro-transactions they charge people.

This is patently wrong.

The main thing that you are still paying for are the licenses, the salaries of people, the marketing, etc.

As an aside, look at this.

How much will it cost to make a PlayStation 4 game?

During the PlayStation 2 console cycle, the average console game cost between $5 and $10 million to develop, a steep increase from the $800,000 to $1.7 million cost of developing for the original PlayStation. The average PlayStation 3 game, meanwhile, costs between $18.8 million and $28.2 million to develop. Even a small increase in costs can be significant.

It is the microtransactions that have been introduced that have kept costs low. A movie can't sell us a different ending or a different actor for a part. That medium is limited. I don't see anyone championing the fact that we are going to pay more but to simply deny why we are going to is not being honest when the economics of it are simple. Larger leaps in technology comes at a cost

I'm curious though because I see a lot of talk from gamers justifying it. One would think they'd be the first to carry pitchforks over news like this but they've been a lot more accepting than I thought

Because through it all, most of us know that we dodged this bullet during this current generation.

latest

Every generation, going up and up. Like, I said this as no shade but is anyone really looking or knowledgeable about what goes into the selling of a game?

gamecost.png

This is from 2006 but from what I'm able to decipher, it hasn't changed much

Let's look at art/design.

Why Are Game Installation Sizes Still Increasing? - ExtremeTech

But while it was normal to expect game installation sizes to jump from the PS3/Xbox 360 era to the PS4/Xbox One era, they’ve continued growing at a brisk clip. Forza 7 is now 100GB for a single title, as Digital Trends reports. When Titanfall shipped several years ago, that game was nearly 50GB. According to Forza’s developers, the game is actually quite well-compressed by default, which makes that 100GB installation size even more of an eye-popper.

“All of our heavy assets, including image and geometry data, as well as all audio and video assets, are compressed with the leading compression technologies in the industry, and many are compressed with multiple techniques to minimize their size on disc, all the while balancing size and overall quality,” Turn10 told Digital Trends.
Let's look at install sizes of some of the recent Forza Motorsport games. Note, these are sizes at the launch of the game, not additional DLC packs or other stability downloads

Forza 4 - 7.6GB / Xbox 360
Forza 5 - 31GB / Xbox One
Forza 6 - 44.37GB / Xbox One
Forza 7 - 67GB / Xbox One

When Microsoft released the 4K assets pack for the Xbox One X, it bumped the total install size to 95GB so simple math tells you that an increase of 28GB is just due to 4K patches. So, the move from 1080P to 4K assets alone resulted in a 42% jump in the original install size of the game. That isn't just a click of a button increase.

screen-resolution-comparison-670x372.png

A 4K asset is 4 times the size of 1080P. That takes time to model and make. These aren't simple SNES/Genesis sprites. Forza 3 cars average 400K polygons per car, Forza 4 is 800k-1m polygons a car. These numbers continue to go up.

Basically, it costs a lot more money and takes more time to what is on the right than on the left, this is from Halo:CE 10th Anniversary Edition vs the original

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, let's look at programming, these are the new technologies that programmers are going to have to incorporate into their pipeline.

Ray-Tracing
Machine Learning
SSD Asset Streaming
Variable Rate Shading

You need to spend to get your head and team about these new technologies. Trial and error, bringing in consultants, etc. Unreal Engine now has their rate 5% of royalties for all games that sell more than $1m. So basically, a game makes $50m, you owe Epic $2.5mill off the bat.

Like I said, I don't know anyone who is happier to pay more for the same 'product', so to speak. There is way more going on now than previously. It would be great if we could still get the fun and all the stuff we expect from next-gen from $800k like we did with Super Mario Brothers 3 but we'd get a game that looks just like it. We expect a lot more now. Gaming costs are going to rise while trying to give us what we want.

tDames

Pro
Daps
I never pay full retail anyways plus NBA Live is where it's at even though they skipped some releases. You gotta grind on Live to get good players like it used to be. I'll be damned to pay $70 for a game that makes tens of millions off micro transactions alone.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I never pay full retail anyways plus NBA Live is where it's at even though they skipped some releases. You gotta grind on Live to get good players like it used to be. I'll be damned to pay $70 for a game that makes tens of millions off micro transactions alone.

Oh and y'all know what's gonna be the kicker is that when you get the new version of the game all that shyt you brought you gonna BUY AGAIN FROM SCRATCH!!!!:bryan: and people calling us broke boys???:laff: come on man they are fukking these gamers no vaseline...

tDames

Pro
Daps
Oh and y'all know what's gonna be the kicker is that when you get the new version of the game all that shyt you brought you gonna BUY AGAIN FROM SCRATCH!!!!:bryan: and people calling us broke boys???:laff: come on man they are fukking these gamers no vaseline...
fukk that and if they can't just have you download a patch to use it on the new systems they fukking trippin. The shyt is pretty much like PC.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Where did they ever get off running that racket in the first place without anyone whistling it dead?

back in the day, game companies still wanted to make money, but they still had programmers and devs who loved the craft.

Now it's not even about making a functional game as much as making a huge seller, and about nothing more than seeing how much they can charge and get away with.

Plus, back then, there were SO many games. Remember back on Genesis/PS1/PS2, there were just hundreds & thousands of games. Alot more competition kept the prices down.