Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
can you get it to make a tampermonkey compatable userscript.js to tag users/members on xenforo forum similar to reddit enhancement suite tagging feature?

Asked it exactly that.....

Sure! Here's a Tampermonkey-compatible userscript that allows you to tag users on a XenForo forum similarly to the Reddit Enhancement Suite tagging feature. This script will let you add tags next to usernames and store them locally in your browser.

// ==UserScript==
// @name XenForo User Tagging
// @namespace Home | Tampermonkey
// @version 1.0
// @description Add tags to users in XenForo forums
// @author ChatGPT
// @match https://*/*
// @match http://*/*
// @grant GM_getValue
// @grant GM_setValue
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';

function getTags() {
const tags = JSON.parse(GM_getValue('xenforoUserTags', '{}'));
return tags;
}

function setTags(tags) {
GM_setValue('xenforoUserTags', JSON.stringify(tags));
}

function updateTag(username, tag) {
const tags = getTags();
tags[username] = tag;
setTags(tags);
}

function addTagToUser(element, tag) {
const tagElement = document.createElement('span');
tagElement.textContent = `[${tag}] `;
tagElement.style.color = '#0079d3';
element.prepend(tagElement);
}

function addTagInput(element, username) {
const input = document.createElement('input');
input.type = 'text';
input.placeholder = 'Add tag';
input.value = getTags()[username] || '';
input.style.width = '100px';
input.style.marginLeft = '5px';

input.addEventListener('change', () => {
updateTag(username, input.value);
location.reload();
});

element.appendChild(input);
}

function processUserElement(element) {
const username = element.textContent.trim();
const tag = getTags()[username];

if (tag) {
addTagToUser(element, tag);
}

addTagInput(element, username);
}

function processXenForoUsers() {
const userElements = document.querySelectorAll('.username');
userElements.forEach(processUserElement);
}

// Check if the current site is a XenForo forum
if (document.querySelector('html[data-app="public"][data-template="forum_list"]')) {
processXenForoUsers();
}

})();
To use this script:
  1. Install the Tampermonkey browser extension if you haven't already.
  2. Open the Tampermonkey dashboard and click on the "Create a new script" button.
  3. Replace the default content with the userscript provided above.
  4. Save the script (Ctrl+S or Command+S) and make sure it's enabled in Tampermonkey.
  5. Visit a XenForo forum, and you should see an input box next to usernames where you can add tags.
Please note that this userscript is designed for basic XenForo forum installations and may not work on forums with custom themes or significant modifications. You may need to adjust the script accordingly if you encounter any issues.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

WHOA!

FrWn8-1XoAAJYsj

FrWn8-1WYAAAOEv

FrWn8-4WYAAleWL

FrWn8-2X0AE2Ms6

is mid journey still only on discord?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Asked it exactly that.....

Sure! Here's a Tampermonkey-compatible userscript that allows you to tag users on a XenForo forum similarly to the Reddit Enhancement Suite tagging feature. This script will let you add tags next to usernames and store them locally in your browser.

To use this script:
  1. Install the Tampermonkey browser extension if you haven't already.
  2. Open the Tampermonkey dashboard and click on the "Create a new script" button.
  3. Replace the default content with the userscript provided above.
  4. Save the script (Ctrl+S or Command+S) and make sure it's enabled in Tampermonkey.
  5. Visit a XenForo forum, and you should see an input box next to usernames where you can add tags.
Please note that this userscript is designed for basic XenForo forum installations and may not work on forums with custom themes or significant modifications. You may need to adjust the script accordingly if you encounter any issues.

thanks but I think thecoli may have had too many custom changes for it to work. I got it installed though after adding the domain.
it said it executed twice but I don't see any changes. still dope tho.

X3vd48P.png

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name XenForo User Tagging
// @namespace Home | Tampermonkey
// @version 1.0
// @description Add tags to users in XenForo forums
// @author ChatGPT
// @match https://www.thecoli.com/threads/*
// @match http://www.thecoli.com/threads/*
// @grant GM_getValue
// @grant GM_setValue
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';

function getTags() {
const tags = JSON.parse(GM_getValue('xenforoUserTags', '{}'));
return tags;
}

function setTags(tags) {
GM_setValue('xenforoUserTags', JSON.stringify(tags));
}

function updateTag(username, tag) {
const tags = getTags();
tags[username] = tag;
setTags(tags);
}

function addTagToUser(element, tag) {
const tagElement = document.createElement('span');
tagElement.textContent = `[${tag}] `;
tagElement.style.color = '#0079d3';
element.prepend(tagElement);
}

function addTagInput(element, username) {
const input = document.createElement('input');
input.type = 'text';
input.placeholder = 'Add tag';
input.value = getTags()[username] || '';
input.style.width = '100px';
input.style.marginLeft = '5px';

input.addEventListener('change', () => {
updateTag(username, input.value);
location.reload();
});

element.appendChild(input);
}

function processUserElement(element) {
const username = element.textContent.trim();
const tag = getTags()[username];

if (tag) {
addTagToUser(element, tag);
}

addTagInput(element, username);
}

function processXenForoUsers() {
const userElements = document.querySelectorAll('.username');
userElements.forEach(processUserElement);
}

// Check if the current site is a XenForo forum
if (document.querySelector('html[data-app="public"][data-template="forum_list"]')) {
processXenForoUsers();
}

})();

edit:

IT WORKS!!! :gladbron:

PcTmNqF.png

changed the line at the bottom.

Code:

to

Code:
if (document.querySelector('html[data-app="public"][data-template="thread_view"]')) {

forum_list -> thread_view

used the inspector tool to see what was different.

the tag stays even after I reload.. i'm not closing my browser now so I don't know what'll happen then.

tag remains even when i'm not logged in. :ehh:

if you keep the same original global url variable, you can actually upload this to a userscripts repo.

Last edited:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I have a question, we have a excel spreadsheet that we have to log our work on.is there a site that I could give the code to not only better the coding, but also update production with graphs and charts on a weekly or bi weekly basis showing individual production over week,months, and a year?

I guess I could just ask the bot

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I have a question, we have a excel spreadsheet that we have to log our work on.is there a site that I could give the code to not only better the coding, but also update production with graphs and charts on a weekly or bi weekly basis showing individual production over week,months, and a year?

I guess I could just ask the bot

I just created a 21 page PowerPoint presentation/with ballpoints in less than 15 seconds

Holy shyt.

Yall might be roiling your eyes but I literally just learned how to really use it today. shyt I just signed up less than 4 hours ago

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
I just created a 21 page PowerPoint presentation/with ballpoints in less than 15 seconds

Holy shyt.

Yall might be roiling your eyes but I literally just learned how to really use it today. shyt I just signed up less than 4 hours ago

I just played around with it the first time this week, it wrote me a new resume in minutes

this shyt still scares the fukk out of me, and my job could probably be replaced now, feel like this is gonna replace a lot of jobs very soon

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
The game changer will be systems like this being trained on proprietary data.

- Imagine no hold queues when dealing with level 1 support at call centers, help desks, doctors offices, etc.
- Tribal knowledge being stored forever. Example, who do I reach out to for xyz? Where is xyz data stored?

Obviously, some privacy issues would need to be addressed with emails, chats, etc being fed into the model.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
I just played around with it the first time this week, it wrote me a new resume in minutes

this shyt still scares the fukk out of me, and my job could probably be replaced now, feel like this is gonna replace a lot of jobs very soon

Jobs will be replaced. Need to be ready to pivot.

This tool will be helpful to small business owners who typically have smaller staffs.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
humans are the new dogs
Been tryna tell em, dudes still skating to where the puck is RIGHT NOW.. They cant comprehend if this is the opening draft, where the puck is going.. Microsoft ceo was soo giddy when this dropped at the thought of getting a real opportunity to get at Googles golden goose, they are full throttle, fukk your job.. That gonna put google in position to go hard by any means necessary, which means there will be collateral damage.. EVERYONE will be affected from here on out.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The game changer will be systems like this being trained on proprietary data.

- Imagine no hold queues when dealing with level 1 support at call centers, help desks, doctors offices, etc.
- Tribal knowledge being stored forever. Example, who do I reach out to for xyz? Where is xyz data stored?

Obviously, some privacy issues would need to be addressed with emails, chats, etc being fed into the model.
the tech already exists, they just need to combine it.

natural voice language, text to speech, speech to text.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

I’m saying. This thing legit terrifies me. We’re not just talking about jobs but we may be at a place in time where you can’t trust *anything* you see, hear, or read.

Reality may have just become subjective. It doesn’t even take good PR campaigns to fool people already, what happens when ChatGPT can spin up entire fictional narratives including video, images, fake audio, fake documents, etc.?

People are still talking about this like a tool when it’s headed towards being the center point of civilization.