Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Combat looks similar to Sleeping Dogs​
The only thing similar to sleeping dogs about yakuza is the setting.
Yakuza is better compared to Shenmue and Sleeping Dogs is better compared to GTA.
Not to say each game is the same, just that the comparisons are closer.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
I still play this when I have a moment when I come home from work. I'm holding off on a key story advance mission because running the cabaret is so fun. I goofed up on the real estate missions by progressing the story. The game's writing is mature, no filter and doesn't pretend to shy away from it's Eastern cultural roots. The gameplay may seem dated but the story and mini games provide enough replay value to deem it a classic.

nefarious

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i loved this game up until the point where it just decides to double the health of all the various street fight opponents.

what used to be some fun ass kicking turns into something so fukking tedious

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
i loved this game up until the point where it just decides to double the health of all the various street fight opponents.

what used to be some fun ass kicking turns into something so fukking tedious
For what it's worth, Mr. Shakedown can be used to double your money but it requires skill or grind (unlocking a fight style that beats him in two hits). I avoid him, too much of a headache

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The only thing similar to sleeping dogs about yakuza is the setting.
Yakuza is better compared to Shenmue and Sleeping Dogs is better compared to GTA.
Not to say each game is the same, just that the comparisons are closer.

Yeah, and even that's a stretch unless you wanna lump all Asian cultures together.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Hey guys, I just bought the game (only £30), but this is my first Yakuza game and have a few questions

I am up to the part where the main breh has been framed for the murder and has been asked to snitch on Kazee-san. But I have no idea how the game plays.

Like they say "go find a payphone" and I start trying to explore but it says "no time to waste" and turns me around if I am walking in the wrong direction. Can I not really explore the world, or is it very linear? If I am told to do a task, shall I do it asap, or are there side quests?

Also, what are the pink and yellow buildings on the map? I can't seem to go in them. Additionally, the map sometimes flashes a circle and makes a noise, but I do not know why!

Sorry, total newb at this game:hubie:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
when does this shyt get fun? i find i'm just running around, fighting random guys in the alley every 5 minutes

the boss levels are cool, but they come way too infrequent for this shyt

Tbh I have the "fight enhancer" so you can see the gangs on the map. I purposefully ignore them most times when I just need to do side missions

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How many hours would you say you clocked in? That's my main concern
30-40. I'm done the main story but barely started the real estate business, maybe halfway thru the night club business

Might be my GOTY when it's all said n done. This year has been too crazy to make that call...