OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Copped this game on the weekend. Played about 3 hours and I'm enjoying it.

Pros:
Fighting
Story
Dialogue

Cons:
No Driving
Small Open World
Dancing/Singing side missions (FOH)

Last edited:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Copped this game on the weekend. Played about 3 hours and I'm enjoying it.

Pros:
Fighting
Story
Dialogue

Cons:
Driving
Small Open World
Dancing missions (FOH)
Wait you drive? I'm 7 hrs in and haven't driven anything

llt23

All Star
Daps
This is the best game I've played in a long time. I never played a Yakuza game before so I'm coming in with a fresh look.

The writing is raw. Definitely seems like whoever is writing this shyt is a real writer and not some game writer. There is so much shyt to do in the world, just walking around and sidequests happen, and these sidequests while somewhat short are thoroughly fleshed out and effort was put into them. They range from serious to funny and never feel like a chore. Where Im at (I think third chapter?) I still havent accessed some of the other side shyt you can do and I already am overwhelmed by all the shyt in this game. Getting to play Outrun at the arcades is awesome, had that on the genesis and this port shyts all over the genesis version. The pool in this game is legit as fukk too:whew: Too much to even really go into.

Only minor complaints with the combat. Sometimes shyt makes no sense in terms of defensive mechanics. In the rush mode ill hit X to dodge, press left, looks like im gonna dodge then I still get tagged. Also hard to distinguish what moves you can block and which are unblockable. Plus there are certain techniques you can activate after getting hit X amount of times, but hard to tell if the enemy is even gonna do a combo or just tag you with one hit. There is a point where they show you that blocking with the bat is mad strong, then I fight some generic street thugs right after that tutorial, and I get knocked on my ass by a regular attack. In the end just makes me go ham on offense and not worry too much about the defensive stuff.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This joint is dope and even though I like the voice acting I do kinda wished that they had an English dub. Either way, I'm all on board for Kiwami and 6

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So did yal all import this? It didn't release in the US did it?

llt23

All Star
Daps
Just to add on a bit, this game is rare in that it actually gives me hope for gaming. Lot of shyt coming out lately is immature to a fault, filled with garbage, lazy optional content, corny stories advertised as "epic," DLC bullshyt, dumbed down because of pressure from big wigs at gaming companies, rushed for release etc etc this game is none of that. Feel like this shyt is for the real gamers, the game respects your intelligence. shyt is worth every penny. This is the kind of quality we imagined we would get as we started to get older. Really happy I bought this game.

:salute: