Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC)

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Made it up to chapter 10. Game is fire :banderas:

I thought Ichiban was kind of a dweeb at first but he grows on you after a while. The way they explain why the game is turn based :mjlol:

Ichiban like "Damn this dude is glowing. I bet he's about to unleash his ultimate attack :whoo:"

Adachi looking at him like :dahell:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
This chapter 12 boss got 15 levels on my team :picard:

Even got mollywhopped by this ultimate warrior dude out on the street. I knew I should have grinded more :sadcam:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

- DF Confirms there was a "high frame rate" mode for SX (60 fps/1080p) in the preview build, which was taken out of the final game.
- "Normal" mode runs at 1440p/60 fps on both PS5/SX, 900p/60 on Series S
- "High Resolution Mode" runs at 4K/30 on PS5/SX, 1440p/30 on Series S
- PS5 and SX look identical in terms of textures, pop-in etc.
- The only difference is in shadow filtering. PS5 draws darker thicker lines. DF is not sure which is the intended method.
- Series X to S shows a starker difference. Series S's chosen AA struggles to keep up at 900p/60. Shadow quality is lower but only slightly. Bokeh DoF during scenes is also lower resolution.
- DF also throw in a brief PC comparison regarding how taxing the engine is.
- 1440p/60 FPS "Normal" mode is the recommended mode on both PS5 and SX.
- In their 5 hrs of testing DF can only replicate minor drops in combat with high alpha effects, otherwise its mostly a lock on both.
- Series S is prone to bigger drops in battle but traversal is locked at 60.
- All arcade games run at 60hz too, except Space Harrier which locks to 56fps.

- 4K/30 is prone to improper frame pacing and big skill moves can cause big hits to 20 FPS. Same on SX, PS5 and. Same for Series S at 1440p/30.
- DF recommends sticking to 60 FPS as 30 FPS output feels sluggish and makes prompts in combat and karaoke etc harder to respond to.

- Loading 'fade to blacks' are identical across the systems.

Series X and PS5 are pretty much the same, The series S has an all around hard time running the game as a next gen ver

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might wrap this up later today.

Is the rest of the series as batshyt crazy as this one? Because this has been pure fukkery in nearly every single way.

Ichiban out here having a full on conversation with Nanba consisting entirely of him saying his name with different inflections while Nanba delivers a whole monologue is the most anime ass shyt I've seen without actually watching anime.

"Nanba?..........Nanba...........Nanba!"

Ichiban being straight :gladbron: status because he gets to squab with and against yakuza with clout to their name. :mjlol:

Adachi telling him they all need to hit the cabaret together, ignoring Saeko's existence, and then when he does, saying she can just chill outside while they get it in. :russ:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I might wrap this up later today.

Is the rest of the series as batshyt crazy as this one? Because this has been pure fukkery in nearly every single way.

Ichiban out here having a full on conversation with Nanba consisting entirely of him saying his name with different inflections while Nanba delivers a whole monologue is the most anime ass shyt I've seen without actually watching anime.

"Nanba?..........Nanba...........Nanba!"

Ichiban being straight :gladbron: status because he gets to squab with and against yakuza with clout to their name. :mjlol:

Adachi telling him they all need to hit the cabaret together, ignoring Saeko's existence, and then when he does, saying she can just chill outside while they get it in. :russ:
Start up Yakuza 0 now breh and experience Judgment Kazzy's story from the beginning :wow:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Overall I enjoyed the new battle system. The old one was always cool up until the point where enemies started getting stun guns and long range weapons and shyt and got annoying as fukk. Don't even wanna remember some of the bullshyt fights like the final boss of Part 1.

That said you lose the feeling of rushing a building and straight whooping ass from the lobby to the top floor. Throwing dudes out windows and never dropping below a light sprint :wow:

Miss all the context sensitive heat moves. They need to find a way to bring more of that stuff back.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I kinda got bored pretty early into this game. Does it got any better or should i pack it up at the point I’m at?

I think i just went to the job agency (its been so long i dont remember the characters names anymore) but the retired cop and homeless guy are in my party. I’m mainly talking about story wise, i feel like its kind of been a slog for awhile.

I bought this and persona strikers back to back and have the same issue with both of them.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda got bored pretty early into this game. Does it got any better or should i pack it up at the point I’m at?

I think i just went to the job agency (its been so long i dont remember the characters names anymore) but the retired cop and homeless guy are in my party. I’m mainly talking about story wise, i feel like its kind of been a slog for awhile.

I bought this and persona strikers back to back and have the same issue with both of them.

Basically Yakuza stories start very slowly and then pack a lot of the story into the the last 10 per cent of the game. I would say it gets better after the 4 or so chapters but it's still story and dialogue heavy throughout.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps

The game starts off slow for sure. Around chapter 4 is when the major players in the city get introduced then it's all up from there. It clicked for me around the time Saeko joins the party and the yakuza boss in Yokohama comes into play.