Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
PS5 version out

Y'all better support ichiban and the gang if you haven't already :ufdup:

I've owned every main numbered game in their series, except for 4 (tho I plan on getting the collection soon). That said, I don't have a lot of interest in this with them changing its action system to turned based. Such a shame too, considering their Dragon engine upgrade for 6 and Kiwami 2 was the battle system finally upgrading in the most meaningful changing way and then they go and do this shyt. That and making it no longer about Kiryu, but this new guy is a good time for me to bail out on it. Ah's well.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I've owned every main numbered game in their series, except for 4 (tho I plan on getting the collection soon). That said, I don't have a lot of interest in this with them changing its action system to turned based. Such a shame too, considering their Dragon engine upgrade for 6 and Kiwami 2 was the battle system finally upgrading in the most meaningful changing way and then they go and do this shyt. That and making it no longer about Kiryu, but this new guy is a good time for me to bail out on it. Ah's well.
Understandable, I still think its still worth a shot one day if you're ever interested again since it goes on sale often like most of these RGG games :russ:

its turn based but still very much a RGG game for better or for worse :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You sounding real Nintendo Stannish right now. Ole, "I don't like change, I want the same thing" ass...:hhh:

:patrice:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loaded up and ready to play when I get a chance. While I'm generally aware of the Yakuza games, this'll be the first one I'm going to give a legit playthrough. Looking forward to be the batshyt crazy fukkery I keep hearing about. :wow:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Loaded up and ready to play when I get a chance. While I'm generally aware of the Yakuza games, this'll be the first one I'm going to give a legit playthrough. Looking forward to be the batshyt crazy fukkery I keep hearing about. :wow:
Enjoy it breh, do the side stories when you can :salute:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

It's different if it's the same game in the series, lol. I stopped caring for RE once it became more of an action game. But I loved Devil May Cry, which was their (Capcom) initial attempt at making RE an action game.

Also, while I like rpgs and turn-based ones still, at this day and age, I feel turn-based ones are practically obsolete levels of design, as they were totally initially done and dictated mainly on the lack of tech capability vs. vision of what they wanted to do back in their heydays. Nowadays, the sky's practically the limit and there's not so much limitations to be forced to do turn based, hence why they've faded out a lot over the years. It's also why I'm really liking Persona 5 Strikers, since they're doing all want they do in the main game, but in real time.

Last edited:

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
I'm on chapter 12, no true spoilers but I clearly have to grind a little more if I'm going to have any chance against the 2 bosses that are waiting for me in that other city.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m on chapter 3, so far soo good. The only thing is so far is that its kind of easy.

This game is so old school. People talk about sony games being “movie” games but this reminds me of ps2 era rpg’s that you literally put down your remote for for like 12 minutes