Yakuza 3/4/5 - PS4 Remasters

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Shinada turned out to be a solid character, loved his end game :mjcry:

Akiyama so legendary give that man his own game now :damn:

5 went a little crazy with the story but that ending hits you so fukking hard brehs :mjcry:

I think I'll play 6 next just to finish Kiryu story, that way I'll still have 0 - Kiwami 2 to relive the GOAT's formative moments :wow:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
It's taken me 20 hours to do all of Kiryu's segment. That's without doing that much of his side content besides substories, taxi & singing Baka Mitai

Now I'm on Saejima's part.

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
I loved the story in Y3 but Christ those graphics & gameplay were trash, I never rushed through a game so quickly :mjlol:Gonna start 4 tonight. Gonna try to beat 4 before the end of the month and then 5 by the end of Sept.

Saving 6 as the first game I play in the new spot after moving:myman:
word breh, can't bring myself to play through it specially after playing the last 2 remakes and 0. Can't wait for the remake, then i'll continue the series.

Daps
5 was solid gameplay wise but the pacing was poor

making haruka’s dance mini games vital to the progression of the story was a baffling decision

I enjoyed the story especially at the start but the ending left a lot to be desired

the characters were very well developed the climax was just not executed as well as it could have been I feel like a lot of things were mashed together at the end.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My wife has legitimately fell in love with the Yakuza series so reading this topic to see her opinions mirrored is so funny to me.

The fact that she went from the Dragon Engine remakes to Y5 so far and is still loving every second is amazing though Y3 she hated playing.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I might need to buy the remastered collection even though I played through them all on ps3 :lupe:.... I'm kinda mad I didn't buy that physical edition with the red case :shaq2:

3 was dope to me back then. Sunshine Orphanage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Need the PC version so I can patch the original Tanimura into 4 :youngsabo:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I might need to buy the remastered collection even though I played through them all on ps3 :lupe:.... I'm kinda mad I didn't buy that physical edition with the red case :shaq2:

I've being going through the whole series and am almost done with 5 and only have 6 left. The graphics and gameplay for 3 have aged terribly and was truly a labor of love to play through. I did really appreciate the story though:ehh:

Also I damn near put Yakuza 5 on the backburner due to Taiga's part. I liked the story but
The jail gameplay and snowy mountain setting were trash to play. They even threw in a low visibility snowmobile chase scene in there. it was truly as if the developers wanted to put every little part that I didn't like about the series all into one character's storyline for me to play through:unimpressed:
Part 3 is lit though:mjgrin:

Daps

Yakuza 3 was what I wanted Shenmue 3 to be in some ways. They changed the Sunshine Orphange name in the follow ups to Morning Glory, to match the Japanese name. Yakuza 3 on PS3 was weird because some of the names like Kage the Florist and Fuma were not the correct names, but they stuck with them because Yakuza 1 and 2 used them. I have no idea if they corrected it for the remasters. I know I read they took that one side quest part of the trans man chasing Kiryu around out the game (that may have been Y4). And I know in the JP version, when the black/japanese kid is talking to the japanese girl with the burn, he says, "I'm burnt all over" in the JP version SMH. They changed it to "tan all over" in the English version.