Yakuza 3/4/5 - PS4 Remasters

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Shenmue is an amazing game that was literally DECADES ahead of its time. You can’t compare a game made in the 80s to one make in the mid 2000s just because they’re both Japanese.

Shenmue laid the blueprint:wow:

And now its DECADES behind its time. So it's come full circle.:wow:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Playing 0 and Kiwami back to back is :wow: and :mjcry: at the same time

I just started Kiwami 2 but I'm not sure if I'll end up playing 3-5 cause of the apparent downgrade. How's the gameplay in these ones breh?:patrice:

I can live with Yakuza 0 quality graphics/cutscenes but the combat need to be on point if Ima play these remasters after beating K2:hubie: That Dragon engine looking too clean:banderas:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I just started Kiwami 2 but I'm not sure if I'll end up playing 3-5 cause of the apparent downgrade. How's the gameplay in these ones breh?:patrice:

I can live with Yakuza 0 quality graphics/cutscenes but the combat need to be on point if Ima play these remasters after beating K2:hubie: That Dragon engine looking too clean:banderas:
They play similar to 0 and Kiwami 1 but it's less refined obviously.
Play in normal mode for Yakuza 3, it's just instant blocking and bosses have alot of HP.

If you get through that, Yakuza 4 and 5 will be a breeze.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They play similar to 0 and Kiwami 1 but it's less refined obviously.
Play in normal mode for Yakuza 3, it's just instant blocking and bosses have alot of HP.

If you get through that, Yakuza 4 and 5 will be a breeze.

Looks like I'm going for 6 rings like what Phil told Mike
full

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City

3-5 are all 1080p 60fps so graphically they aren't that bad looking at all fr

5 is a late era ps3 game and basically looks just like 0 and Kiwami

Also like @TobiOT said PLEASE play 3 on Normal don't play on Hard like I did, 4, 5 and 6 you can play on hard but do not play 3 on hard

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@DaSk8D00D

:lolbron:

story in 3 is great but get used to having moments like this breh

This gives me Beast style Kiryu in Yakuza 0 flashbacks:francis:

It was damn near OP in Kiwami but I fukking hated all those Kiryu vs the world fights towards the end of the game even though I could handle all of Majima's stuff fairly easy. That stun to knockdown loop had me big mad more than a few times:beli:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
This gives me Beast style Kiryu in Yakuza 0 flashbacks:francis:

It was damn near OP in Kiwami but I fukking hated all those Kiryu vs the world fights towards the end of the game even though I could handle all of Majima's stuff fairly easy. That stun to knockdown loop had me big mad more than a few times:beli:

they get better as the games go on breh 5 has the best one in the whole series :wow:

ichiban my boy but he could never :wow:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I loved the story in Y3 but Christ those graphics & gameplay were trash, I never rushed through a game so quickly :mjlol:Gonna start 4 tonight. Gonna try to beat 4 before the end of the month and then 5 by the end of Sept.

Saving 6 as the first game I play in the new spot after moving:myman:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just beat Y4.

I’m really 6 games deep into this series I know those Kamaurucho & Sotenbori streets like I really lived there:wow: I only got 5 & 6 left now

They actually pulled off the 4 protagonists thing better than I expected. My guy Akiyama probably a Top 5 Yakuza character for me now:banderas:

At this point I’ve seen all the common Yakuza tropes:mjgrin:

Young nikkas in their 20s stay going to jail for old heads:mjlol:

Somebody is always surprisingly somehow related to someone else in a whole other part of the story:dwillhuh:

Fighting death matches for information in the coliseum:bryan:

Any significant female character adult or child getting smacked or hit by grown men at least once:picard:

Millennium Tower done already had multiple terrorist attack level events take place throughout that building but apparently they still aint change the locks to the rooftop cuz nikkas stay planning some fights up there like it's a high school bathroom:skip:
Random West Park homeless people got more cameos than Stan Lee:flabbynsick:

Each game gotta have some kind of vehicular chase section in the story that pisses me the fukk off:unimpressed:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Just beat Y4.

I’m really 6 games deep into this series I know those Kamaurucho & Sotenbori streets like I really lived there:wow: I only got 5 & 6 left now

They actually pulled off the 4 protagonists thing better than I expected. My guy Akiyama probably a Top 5 Yakuza character for me now:banderas:

At this point I’ve seen all the common Yakuza tropes:mjgrin:

Young nikkas in their 20s stay going to jail for old heads:mjlol:

Somebody is always surprisingly somehow related to someone else in a whole other part of the story:dwillhuh:

Fighting death matches for information in the coliseum:bryan:

Any significant female character adult or child getting smacked or hit by grown men at least once:picard:

Millennium Tower done already had multiple terrorist attack level events take place throughout that building but apparently they still aint change the locks to the rooftop cuz nikkas stay planning some fights up there like it's a high school bathroom:skip:
Random West Park homeless people got more cameos than Stan Lee:flabbynsick:

Each game gotta have some kind of vehicular chase section in the story that pisses me the fukk off:unimpressed:
3&4 never had that car chase thank God. Playing them shyts on legend made me throw my controller. Now the dpad doesn't work on my dual shock 4 and I have to indicate using the dpad, doing the taxi missions in 5.

:martin: