Yakuza 3/4/5 - PS4 Remasters

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yakuza 3 was what I wanted Shenmue 3 to be in some ways. They changed the Sunshine Orphange name in the follow ups to Morning Glory, to match the Japanese name. Yakuza 3 on PS3 was weird because some of the names like Kage the Florist and Fuma were not the correct names, but they stuck with them because Yakuza 1 and 2 used them. I have no idea if they corrected it for the remasters. I know I read they took that one side quest part of the trans man chasing Kiryu around out the game (that may have been Y4). And I know in the JP version, when the black/japanese kid is talking to the japanese girl with the burn, he says, "I'm burnt all over" in the JP version SMH. They changed it to "tan all over" in the English version.

Those treh chasing Kiryu missions are in the Ps3 version :russ:. Yeah they said they corrected the names in the newer versions

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I've being going through the whole series and am almost done with 5 and only have 6 left. The graphics and gameplay for 3 have aged terribly and was truly a labor of love to play through. I did really appreciate the story though:ehh:

Also I damn near put Yakuza 5 on the backburner due to Taiga's part. I liked the story but
The jail gameplay and snowy mountain setting were trash to play. They even threw in a low visibility snowmobile chase scene in there. it was truly as if the developers wanted to put every little part that I didn't like about the series all into one character's storyline for me to play through:unimpressed:
Part 3 is lit though:mjgrin:

Saejima part is flames you buggin. Yeah the shyt in jail was meh but the rest was solid. I did the whole hunting side story, the while taxi side story (except the final mission against dude in a fukking ferrari), and the whole dance battle side story.

I don't remember what Akiyama side story was and I didn't care about baseball with Shinada, which was short sighted of me, bc he became a great character in the end for me

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Saejima part is flames you buggin. Yeah the shyt in jail was meh but the rest was solid. I did the whole hunting side story, the while taxi side story (except the final mission against dude in a fukking ferrari), and the whole dance battle side story.

I don't remember what Akiyama side story was and I didn't care about baseball with Shinada, which was short sighted of me, bc he became a great character in the end for me

I live in the desert fukk all that snowy wilderness in my Yakuza game :unimpressed:

nikkas really had me hunting in the tundra:unimpressed:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I live in the desert fukk all that snowy wilderness in my Yakuza game :unimpressed:

nikkas really had me hunting in the tundra:unimpressed:

i mean hunting in the snow makes sense for a mountain town. this the same game had you in a fist fight with a fukking grizzly bear breh

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Is yakuza 3 bad??? I can stand old graphics but story and gameplay?? Online consensus seems that itsvthe woat of the series..

Am on chapter 14 of kiwami 2 so should have it beat by tomorrow

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Is yakuza 3 bad??? I can stand old graphics but story and gameplay?? Online consensus seems that itsvthe woat of the series..

3 is crack just like the rest but the graphics feel a bit dated bc it's the old engine (first on ps3)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Story is great but I can’t front that gameplay had me rushing through it more than any other game in the series. It’s especially rough coming from the dragon engine into what’s basically the most outdated of all the games. 4 & 5 are more on par with Y0 but yeah 3 definitely feels :flabbynsick:

there are key story notes that take place in 3 so if you plan on playing through the whole series, it’s worth pushing through:manny:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Am on yakuza 4, the cop story..its soo much better than 3..it still feels a bit oudated but mini games,gameplay and most importantly the story is top tier...why do i feel in the end saejima wont have a happy ending?:mjcry:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Am on yakuza 4, the cop story..its soo much better than 3..it still feels a bit oudated but mini games,gameplay and most importantly the story is top tier...why do i feel in the end saejima wont have a happy ending?:mjcry:

4 is a great story. I gotta start playing these games again

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Just beat 4 good story and i liked the other 3 main characters . of course u can see the cracks in tojo clan and since i played lost judgement some of the things they said in that game makes more and more sense.

I already have part 5 downloaded to go:blessed: no rest for the wicked lol i put destiny down am gon run through the rest of the yakuzas.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Just beat 4 good story and i liked the other 3 main characters . of course u can see the cracks in tojo clan and since i played lost judgement some of the things they said in that game makes more and more sense.

I already have part 5 downloaded to go:blessed: no rest for the wicked lol i put destiny down am gon run through the rest of the yakuzas.
Don't that :whoa:

Take a breather before you jump into 5, wait a couple weeks and play something else in the meantime

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Don't that :whoa:

Take a breather before you jump into 5, wait a couple weeks and play something else in the meantime
Why?? Is 5 story heavy or something..i mean i' ve bee playing 4 on and off. One week yes then i go 3 weeks without, etc..i never actually play straight through back to back to back....

Am also playing tales,bayonetta 2 and scarlet nexus( the kasane story which never ends apparently lol) i'll be fine