XMEN movies are PROOF hollywood dont want to put BLACK WOMEN in roles of POWER

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I don't think the X-Men movies are proof they don't want to put black women in movies in roles of power. The X-Men threw every character in the bushes except Wolverine. No Cyclops, virtually no Beast, Iceman doing nothing, no Angel, Colossus, Kitty, Gambit, Jubilee, etc...Unless your favorite character was Wolverine, the X-movies were not for you.

As for Halle being miscast, it's Halle Berry. Realistically who else would be in that role at the time? Don't say no Angela Bassett, because she was like mid-40s then. Also, whether Halle is bi-racial is irrelevant - she always identifies herself as black, and speaks up for putting black women in roles of authority and power.

nikka shutup. :camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
soooo did he not have final say when she appeared in her first issue? cuz she was a shade lighter
She looks about the same shade to me in this panel from her first appearance in Giant Sized X-Men #1:
z1bNnbS.jpg

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Or they wanted A VERY FAMOUS AND SUCCESSFUL ACTRESS to showcase such an important character...in Holly Barry.

You guys are really fukkin reaching here.
Assuming you're serious...

Look at who they picked for Apocalypse. That ain't fukking Halle Barry. It's the broad that played Aaliyah in that shytty Lifetime movie. THE AALIYAH LIFETIME MOVIE.

Storm-Alexandra-Shipp-ThatGrapejuice-600x600.jpg

VERY FAMOUS? SUCCESSFUL? :camby:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Assuming you're serious...

Look at who they picked for Apocalypse. That ain't fukking Halle Barry. It's the broad that played Aaliyah in that shytty Lifetime movie. THE AALIYAH LIFETIME MOVIE.

Storm-Alexandra-Shipp-ThatGrapejuice-600x600.jpg

VERY FAMOUS? SUCCESSFUL? :camby:
Wait, they recast storm with the person in the above pic for the next movie?

Wow that's some bullshyt.

The Holly Barry casting is perfectly fine though, she was a MAJOR DRAW for the movie. I can't speak as to this casting though

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or they wanted A VERY FAMOUS AND SUCCESSFUL ACTRESS to showcase such an important character...in Holly Barry.

You guys are really fukkin reaching here.
how many directors you spoken to?
studios you been in?
writers you know?

ive heard people actually say they'd rather get a mixed than a black person 'YOU'RE THE RIGHT SHADE OF BLACK ' and ive also heard casting directors tell actors 'Lighter the better'

not only is storm NURFED in the movies, she is also played by a biracial woman, without an African accent.

they don't want an African woman on screen that is powerful.

you think they'd let wolverine have an Australian accent?
or gambit have an English accent?

but storm an African has an American accent?

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
you do know above Hollywood are investors, and you do know the richest people in this country and jews and cacs and homo's. neither one of those three want to bank roll anything black.
:dry: There's a way.

Streaming content is big now. Black online studios. Boom!