XMEN movies are PROOF hollywood dont want to put BLACK WOMEN in roles of POWER

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't think the X-Men movies are proof they don't want to put black women in movies in roles of power. The X-Men threw every character in the bushes except Wolverine. No Cyclops, virtually no Beast, Iceman doing nothing, no Angel, Colossus, Kitty, Gambit, Jubilee, etc...Unless your favorite character was Wolverine, the X-movies were not for you.

As for Halle being miscast, it's Halle Berry. Realistically who else would be in that role at the time? Don't say no Angela Bassett, because she was like mid-40s then. Also, whether Halle is bi-racial is irrelevant - she always identifies herself as black, and speaks up for putting black women in roles of authority and power.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
From "X-Men Evolution":
02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

From "Wolverine & The X-Men":

05.jpg

16.jpg

49.jpg
guess its just me but i dont really see a huge difference in color :yeshrug:
600x400

guess yall niccas need that lil bit of extra tan :pachaha:

i think they did prolly make halle even lighter in the movies tho

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Halles acting and attitude was more of the problem if you grew up watching the cartoons,she came off as wise and powerful....I caught heat for saying the new Storm actually at least looks more believable as African than Halle Berry,lets not go down that road again:whoa:.....It will be up to the new girls attitude and how they write her too though..

And really breh this is the proof right here:pachaha:?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the X-Men movies are proof they don't want to put black women in movies in roles of power. The X-Men threw every character in the bushes except Wolverine. No Cyclops, virtually no Beast, Iceman doing nothing, no Angel, Colossus, Kitty, Gambit, Jubilee, etc...Unless your favorite character was Wolverine, the X-movies were not for you.

As for Halle being miscast, it's Halle Berry. Realistically who else would be in that role at the time? Don't say no Angela Bassett, because she was like mid-40s then. Also, whether Halle is bi-racial is irrelevant - she always identifies herself as black, and speaks up for putting black women in roles of authority and power.
wolverine, Cyclops etc all those white characters were played by WHITE MEN

storm a BLACK AFRICAN was played by a BIRACIAL AMERICAN.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it doesn't matter what she identifies as, Rachael identified as black but people put a stop to that

she is biracial, storm is not biracial

if I died and a biracial man played me in a movie based on my life id be pissed off

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
it doesn't matter what she identifies as, Rachael identified as black but people put a stop to that

she is biracial, storm is not biracial

if I died and a biracial man played me in a movie based on my life id be pissed off

:comeon: no nikka you'd be DEAD

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
wolverine, Cyclops etc all those white characters were played by WHITE MEN

storm a BLACK AFRICAN was played by a BIRACIAL AMERICAN.
Werd

They are so used to being steamrolled that they will accept that obvious bullshyt and make excuses for it.

Whenever a character gets turned from white to black watch how much white men bytch so that the character never get much exposure yet when they do it to us many of our poeple just take it up the ass :dead:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Werd

They are so used to being steamrolled that they will accept that obvious bullshyt and make excuses for it.

Whenever a character gets turned from white to black watch how much white men bytch so that the character never get much exposure yet when they do it to us many of our poeple just take it up the ass :dead:
exactly breh