Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I want to but I don't think I wanna spend most my time praying to RNGesus again:mjcry:

Never got KOS-MOS:mjcry:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
New DLC blade revealed today. She might be familiar to some people here :youngsabo:

eXR99YF.jpg

DlXtKXuV4AAhUkK.jpg

She's gorgeous :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Monolith needs to cut the bullshyt out and port X and 1 to the Switch.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Story trailer for the new DLC dropped today too. :wow:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Those cutscenes look significantly sharper than the main game, unless I'm imaging things

The graphics in general seem slightly updated, which makes sense.

Fred.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Its arguably the best JPRG to come out last year. I'll start off by saying the art style can be all over the place, the game's got technical issues (that have been improved upon significantly post release), the general theme of the story is somewhere between One Piece and Teen Titans/YoungJustice (some people want something constantly serious and :birdman: in their RPGs, this isn't it HOW EVA the story is still really fukking good and does one of the better jobs in gaming changing tones appropriately), and -this may sound strange as a negative- it expects you to be smart in order to deal with all the systems through gameplay.

If you can deal with that, then its one of the best battle systems in its genre, ridiculous exploration, a dope story/cast, 100+ hours of content easily and much more if you look for it, awesome customization, one of the best OSTs of the year, and a no brainer top 10 game released last year and an essential pick up for the switch

i find that most if not all people who dislike this game are actually bad people that i never fukked with in the first place :ld:

the game is a huge hill to climb initially but its fukking amazing and does everything right when it comes to rewarding the player for the time they put in. easy recommendation

what exactly can you customize?

Rayzah

Daps
Ok I’m chapter 6 and have some questions and comments

The game started off slow and corny to me but because of y’all I kept pushing and it’s now really good

Can someone explain to me what should I be focusing on for Rex like why is everyone in my party higher ranked then me?

What exactly does aggro and either do?

Are there any real differences between the blades other than there elemental abilities and their weapon fighting style?

I know they have certain field abilities and help with opening chests and stuff but is one actually stronger than the other?

Does strength equate attack power?

Am I the only one that hates them character like tora?

Also the English actors are terrible especially the one for nia.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok I’m chapter 6 and have some questions and comments

The game started off slow and corny to me but because of y’all I kept pushing and it’s now really good

1. Can someone explain to me what should I be focusing on for Rex like why is everyone in my party higher ranked then me?

2. What exactly does aggro and either do?

3. Are there any real differences between the blades other than there elemental abilities and their weapon fighting style?

4. I know they have certain field abilities and help with opening chests and stuff but is one actually stronger than the other?

5. Does strength equate attack power?

6. Am I the only one that hates them character like tora?

7. Also the English actors are terrible especially the one for nia.

Gonna number your questions to make answering them easier.

1. Are you using the extra EXP in Inns? Whenever you sleep in an Inn you are given the option to "spend" extra EXP you got from quests, etc. to level up. But them being a little higher level isn't a big deal, it balances out in the end.

2. Aggro = aggression. It means whoever has the monster's attention....ideally your attackers and mages should have low aggro and someone like Tora should keep aggro because he has higher defense, can block with his shield, etc. so he can survive constant attacks.

Ether = magic power. It boosts attacks that are listed as Ether damage and it increases healing abilities.

3. Yes, definitely. As you level up you open more options in your Affinity Chart. That's where the real differences between the Blades become obvious.

4. Not really. There are higher tiers but any Blade with a Field Skill can used to pass a skill check....what I mean is, if one has Superstrength 4 and two more have Superstrength 1, you can use all three to break a door that needs Superstrength 6.

5. Basically yeah, although there is gear that is more beneficial over all than just stacking more Strength. Especially later in the game.

6. Tora is the homie.

7. I didn't mind them, but you aren't wrong.

Fred.

Rayzah

Daps
Gonna number your questions to make answering them easier.

1. Are you using the extra EXP in Inns? Whenever you sleep in an Inn you are given the option to "spend" extra EXP you got from quests, etc. to level up. But them being a little higher level isn't a big deal, it balances out in the end.

2. Aggro = aggression. It means whoever has the monster's attention....ideally your attackers and mages should have low aggro and someone like Tora should keep aggro because he has higher defense, can block with his shield, etc. so he can survive constant attacks.

Ether = magic power. It boosts attacks that are listed as Ether damage and it increases healing abilities.

3. Yes, definitely. As you level up you open more options in your Affinity Chart. That's where the real differences between the Blades become obvious.

4. Not really. There are higher tiers but any Blade with a Field Skill can used to pass a skill check....what I mean is, if one has Superstrength 4 and two more have Superstrength 1, you can use all three to break a door that needs Superstrength 6.

5. Basically yeah, although there is gear that is more beneficial over all than just stacking more Strength. Especially later in the game.

6. Tora is the homie.

7. I didn't mind them, but you aren't wrong.

Fred.
1. Yes the ins are the only way to level up to my knowledge, it just seems like everyone is leveling faster than Rex whether I use them or not.
2. Ohhhhh so aggro is basically putting a target on your back. I should use those accessories on my tanks. Also I read that I should never use tank blades with Rex, however one of my strongest blades is a tank (percival) can I bond him to a different character?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1. Yes the ins are the only way to level up to my knowledge, it just seems like everyone is leveling faster than Rex whether I use them or not.
2. Ohhhhh so aggro is basically putting a target on your back. I should use those accessories on my tanks. Also I read that I should never use tank blades with Rex, however one of my strongest blades is a tank (percival) can I bond him to a different character?

1. Nah you can level up without going to Inns. It's just you level up "faster" (I mean, it seems faster since you're spending massive amounts of EXP all at once) in the Inns.

The EXP needed to level up later in the game is huge amounts so the level differences pretty much get erased. What I mean by that is, if you're level 30 and Tora is level 33....let's say you need 60,000 EXP to go from 30 to 33. By level 50 you'd need 400,000 EXP to go to the next level so 60,000 and what was a 3 level difference is irrelevant.

I pulled those numbers out of my ass but the point is towards the end of the game everyone will be around the same level.

2. Yeah, aggro is exactly that.

I don't know why people said don't use Tank Blades on Rex....use whatever you want on him. Later in the game they encourage you to experiment. There is items called Overdrive Protocols which let you trade Blades between characters, but they're rare as hell

I suggest you get the Expansion Pass for this game because it gives you a fukk ton of items (including Overdrive Protocols) and gives you access to the DLC coming out in a couple weeks.

Fred.