Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Gonna answer in 2 parts.

1. The easiest way would be to just Google what to do for each Rare Blade quest because otherwise it's random as hell. In most cases you need them in your party and need to visit certain areas. So unless you know who to use and where to take them it's pure luck on whether or not the quest will start.

2. Each Blade (and character) has two favorite Pouch categories and items....for example, Rex's is Drinks and Art. Specifically Pan-Fried Tatari and Coral Reversi.

An item's effect is multipled by 1.2 if it is in a favorite category of the Driver or Blade, 1.5 if it is a favorite item, or 1.8 if it is both.

More importantly, repeatedly using a Favorite item will increase Trust for a Blade, which makes Affinity increase. Some Blades need specific Favorite items to open up parts of their Affinity chart....for example, using Poppi's Favorite items will increase her Jump Field Skill.

Here's a list of Favorite categories/items if you want to "cheat"....otherwise it's a lot of trial and error:

Pouch

Fred.
Thanks again, This is one of those games that I wish I would of just bought a strategy guide for. I haven't wanted a strategy guide since the SNES days smh

• Dap
Reactions: hex

IslandG

All Star
Daps
Love this game. My first RPG I’ve gotten into. Never liked them before. Inexplicably I bought XC2 for some reason when it came out last year, played it for a few minutes, regret I bought it, and it thus sat on my shelf for months.

Wasn’t sure what to play a few weeks ago. Decided to give XC2 a second try. Wow is all I can say! Once you learn navigating the menus and the combat system the game starts to truly shine. One of the best games I’ve ever played.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
FINALLY beat the game!!! I started in December of 2017 and finished on February 10, 2019.

This game is incredible, and it touches on heavy topic such as mortality, morality, love, hate, dealing with pain associated with losing loved ones to death, memories, the afterlife and God.

The music was incredible, the graphics are gorgeous when you consider the amount of power the Switch doesn't have. I felt connected to the characters as well, they were really developed and fleshed out.

The game also dealt with suffering and how some people who suffer become bitter and take it out on the world, while others use that suffering to help.

I logged in 305 hours. Any questions, feel free.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
FINALLY beat the game!!! I started in December of 2017 and finished on February 10, 2019.

This game is incredible, and it touches on heavy topic such as mortality, morality, love, hate, dealing with pain associated with losing loved ones to death, memories, the afterlife and God.

The music was incredible, the graphics are gorgeous when you consider the amount of power the Switch doesn't have. I felt connected to the characters as well, they were really developed and fleshed out.

The game also dealt with suffering and how some people who suffer become bitter and take it out on the world, while others use that suffering to help.

I logged in 305 hours. Any questions, feel free.

You cop the DLC?

Fred.

IslandG

All Star
Daps
What’s the best way to farm money? I’m approaching 200 hours and have the DLC. Completed game and doing side quests in main game and from DLC. Some of these requests require paying a million, half a million etc.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What’s the best way to farm money? I’m approaching 200 hours and have the DLC. Completed game and doing side quests in main game and from DLC. Some of these requests require paying a million, half a million etc.

Sell everything you aren't using....which is most stuff in the game.

Most of the best stuff is what you farm, anyway. I very rarely actually bought anything. Can't remember any point in the game where I didn't have more money than I knew what to do with.

Fred.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Go to....the Cliffs…you get the most gold there. Use gold or premium salvaging equipment. I made about 1 million gold in 90 minutes.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
salvage salvage salvage

and don't just sell the stuff you get raw, make sure you're selling the salvage in the right sets as well. sometimes the best salvage will be in mor adain but the best vendor for that haul will be somewhere else.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
q35i024z7m761.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Intrigued. Their be returning characters from XC2 is surprising I thought they would build off of XC 1.

I really hope they really improve exploration in these games. Like legit exploration was not fun in 1 & 2. Maybe X did it well, haven't played that yet. But comparing that aspect to Ys Viii & IX and the Ys games handled and developed exploration much better.

Regardless I expect the standard of story, characters, and music that we got from 1 & 2. I am interested in how
they will build on the new world from the end of XC2.