Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
1. Nah you can level up without going to Inns. It's just you level up "faster" (I mean, it seems faster since you're spending massive amounts of EXP all at once) in the Inns.

The EXP needed to level up later in the game is huge amounts so the level differences pretty much get erased. What I mean by that is, if you're level 30 and Tora is level 33....let's say you need 60,000 EXP to go from 30 to 33. By level 50 you'd need 400,000 EXP to go to the next level so 60,000 and what was a 3 level difference is irrelevant.

I pulled those numbers out of my ass but the point is towards the end of the game everyone will be around the same level.

2. Yeah, aggro is exactly that.

I don't know why people said don't use Tank Blades on Rex....use whatever you want on him. Later in the game they encourage you to experiment. There is items called Overdrive Protocols which let you trade Blades between characters, but they're rare as hell

I suggest you get the Expansion Pass for this game because it gives you a fukk ton of items (including Overdrive Protocols) and gives you access to the DLC coming out in a couple weeks.

Fred.
I actually do have the expansion pass. I did the challenge yesterday and I was only able to complete the first 3 or so on easy. So I will see if I still have the overdrive protocols, I remember getting them but don’t recall seeing them in a while.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Rayzah

Daps
You're saying is you can play this game and not fully understand a good chunk of the lore and be fine because the sequel doesn't star the cast of the original. Well if that's the case one could do that with just about any sequel.

Mass Effect 3 tells you everything you need to know to understand what's going on in it. When references are made to stuff that happened in the other games it's gonna go over your head just like it would in Xenoblade 2. That wouldn't stop somebody from enjoying 3 though.

Just like if you were playing Dragon Age Inquisition and Hawke shows up and you never played 2 you won't really know who he is. The whole impact of those scenes will be lost on you but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy DAI anyway because you won't really know what you're missing.

Major characters on Xenoblade appear in 2. Characters very important to the lore. Somebody missing out on stuff they don't perceive isn't going to ruin their experience it's just going to lessen it but again they don't know what they missed.

I watched Terminator 2 and to this day I've never seen Terminator 1 and I enjoyed 2 just fine. The argument can be made about almost anything. Sure some of 2's experience was lost on me because I never saw 1 but I still enjoyed it and understood 2.
stop it, thats terrible advice you should definitely play ME 1&2 before you play three because its a direct sequel to a trilogy or games telling one overall story, you would miss out on so much stuff if that was your first game in the series.. Dragon age isn't telling the same story over all three games, they are just set in the same universe.. Elder scrolls is not telling the same story, they are just set in the same universe.. That is a big difference, between mass effect

Rayzah

Daps
Yeah, he has like 1500+ hp on my other tank.
I still use my other tank though cause with them I can consistently get off break>topple>launch>smash, which has me owning fights

Is there a wway to kind of force them dudes to contribute to their part in the combo, cause I can get break every time, and I always topple, but launch and smash almost never happens unless I do it my self.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there a wway to kind of force them dudes to contribute to their part in the combo, cause I can get break every time, and I always topple, but launch and smash almost never happens unless I do it my self.

They are usually pretty good about doing it but they're usually more reliable to open things like that than close.

You can Break/Launch/Smash with Pyra/Agate/Roc but I don't know if you have Agate. That only leaves Topple open.

Fred.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
They are usually pretty good about doing it but they're usually more reliable to open things like that than close.

You can Break/Launch/Smash with Pyra/Agate/Roc but I don't know if you have Agate. That only leaves Topple open.

Fred.

Pyra has topple. But all your party members are good at setting up breaks.

I also have noticed that the AI has Rex use topple if a break has occurred and has
Zeke
do a launch as soon as a topple has occurred.

• Dap

Rayzah

Daps
Pyra has topple. But all your party members are good at setting up breaks.

I also have noticed that the AI has Rex use topple if a break has occurred and has
Zeke
do a launch as soon as a topple has occurred.
You don’t always use Rex? Up until recently I didn’t ever think to switch him out. I thought he was the main character

Zeke will do the launch but getting anyone to do the smash is the issue. Tora never does it

Rayzah

Daps

Fred.
I don’t have agate

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
You don’t always use Rex? Up until recently I didn’t ever think to switch him out. I thought he was the main character

Zeke will do the launch but getting anyone to do the smash is the issue. Tora never does it

He is and after chapter 7 it might be best to mainly use him to use his blades to their full potentional. I just won’t what exactly because of spoilers.

The only one I never control is Nia. I find being the healer boring. There are different scenarios to consider who to control.

Although if you can get ether crystals (tiger tiger or NG+) and once you get the third form of poppi Tora can might be the best driver depending on your playstyle. Although I didn’t customize poppi till ng+ because I hate tiger tiger. But also with all 3 poppis Tora can technically do a full driver combo by himself. Although it’s a lot easier if you have Rex their to topple.

Morag and Zeke are cool but for me playing as Morag requires some patience when to use her evade arts. Although directly controlling her makes keeping Aggro a little easier. Zeke is obviously is great for DPS but until you get
his eye of shining justice from his affinity chart in NG+
Rex is just superior overall IMO.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It did not give me the immediate and permanently sustaining satisfaction of XBC1, but that is arguably my favorite game ever, so there's no shame here.

The sidequests are overly bloated, the map system is tedious at times and the system can be deep to a fault, but I promise you brehs who haven't played it yet, if you pace yourself, really dig into it, and maybe don't bother with side quests that annoy you too much, you will be rewarded with a fantastic party of characters, a story that is very well written, one of the best world's in gaming, and a top tier battle system.

I give it a 8.5 and I pre ordered the prequel :salute:

Zeke is the GOAT lol. I will revisit this game again some day off the strength of me hearing you can actually use the Eye of Shining justice the second go round :gladbron:

PS: The way it ties to the first game was so beautifully done. It's one of those things only people who beat the first game will get, and even though it isn't necessary to understand for people who haven't played the first, I was smiling hard AF when I pieced it together.

Rayzah

Daps
Chapter 8
they finally gave Rex a new outfit:blessed: it was hard to take him serious with that stupid as shyt he was wearing. shyt is getting real now as I finally think I understand combat, it took 7 fukking chapters but I get everything now.. I'm level 57 and only the unique monsters stand a chance and that surprise with Nia:ooh: I'm never using her as a driver again lol..

side note I put one of them stupid disguises on Pyra and now I want to take it off but have no idea on how to remove it..

Also are yall doing the challenge battle? I am terrible at that shyt, I can only get past the first 3

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Chapter 8
they finally gave Rex a new outfit:blessed: it was hard to take him serious with that stupid as shyt he was wearing. shyt is getting real now as I finally think I understand combat, it took 7 fukking chapters but I get everything now.. I'm level 57 and only the unique monsters stand a chance and that surprise with Nia:ooh: I'm never using her as a driver again lol..

side note I put one of them stupid disguises on Pyra and now I want to take it off but have no idea on how to remove it..

Also are yall doing the challenge battle? I am terrible at that shyt, I can only get past the first 3

I did a few of the Challenge Battles but kinda lost interest because I already beat the main story, so unless I do New Game Plus I won't get much use out of the new Blades, etc.

Also the new DLC comes out in 2-3 days so there's really no reason for me to play the "old" content.

Fred.

Rayzah

Daps
Apparently Rare blades have their own mini side quests.

DRNa_PNUEAA91fm.jpg:large

She just randomly ran out and started zapping everyone. Got depressed and ran off. Completing it fully can unlock her lvl 5 special.

I had no idea, how do I find the Rare blade side quests?

I️ keep some around. Mainly cause in later chapters there are points where you have to have some of those higher level affinity powers unlocked. Like say level 3 Fire Mastery.

Thing is if you have three blades with level one fire mastery engaged it’ll just stack them and still work. So instead of going back and buying 20 desserts or something to get one blade to fire mastery 3 I just pulled 3 no name goons out to do it lol.

I still don't understand affinity or the pouch system. Like don't the effects of the pouch only last for the specified amount of time? But I keep seeing people say they increased their Blades affinity by feeding them.. I'm confused

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm up to Chapter 6, BUT I've logged in sooo many hours that I forgot about a lot of the storyline sequence (since I've spent so much time grinding between each chapter).

So I started watching all the cutscenes again from Chapter 1 (each chapter has an average of about 90 minutes of cutscenes, basically a movie) and I must say the level of detail that the writers paid to the plot is phenomenal.

It's so well-written and I'm feeling the character development. The game has over 13 hours of cutscenes.

I'm really getting familiar with the combat system and Rex is a great main character, confident yet humble.

This game is very underrated.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1. I had no idea, how do I find the Rare blade side quests?

2. I still don't understand affinity or the pouch system. Like don't the effects of the pouch only last for the specified amount of time? But I keep seeing people say they increased their Blades affinity by feeding them.. I'm confused

Gonna answer in 2 parts.

1. The easiest way would be to just Google what to do for each Rare Blade quest because otherwise it's random as hell. In most cases you need them in your party and need to visit certain areas. So unless you know who to use and where to take them it's pure luck on whether or not the quest will start.

2. Each Blade (and character) has two favorite Pouch categories and items....for example, Rex's is Drinks and Art. Specifically Pan-Fried Tatari and Coral Reversi.

An item's effect is multipled by 1.2 if it is in a favorite category of the Driver or Blade, 1.5 if it is a favorite item, or 1.8 if it is both.

More importantly, repeatedly using a Favorite item will increase Trust for a Blade, which makes Affinity increase. Some Blades need specific Favorite items to open up parts of their Affinity chart....for example, using Poppi's Favorite items will increase her Jump Field Skill.

Here's a list of Favorite categories/items if you want to "cheat"....otherwise it's a lot of trial and error:

Pouch

Fred.