Xenoblade Chronicles 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

i don't know japanese but shyt is going down :damn:

l7tSKKc.gif

Bout to beat the game again when this shyt drops.

Fred.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
After 160 hours...

That moment between Malos and Rex had me feeling a way. :wow:

I think a line was mentioned a few chapters back saying what can you do when something so hate driven can't have its mind changed no matter what, there's only one option left, and that's to destroy it. I believe the line was meant for Jin tho.

The final battle was lit tho. I was going ham and everything seemed right, but in the last phase he backed up again and I was looking around like "alright where are they? ... WHERE ARE THE ROBOTS? :dahell:" I look up and and some giant Frieza death ball coming down took everyone out :damn:shyt had me pissed right the fukk off. Next time I still wasn't prepared for it, but got really lucky because I had like 4 orbs stacked, but the death ball took out my party members, so If I didn't finish him with that solo chain attack, I would have lost.

pretty nice ending imo, completely satisfied.

:mjcry: went to go face the gorilla back at gormott thinking I'm now a hot shot post game, and it seems like nothing has changed. need to train more still.

Great game imo.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yo I just had one of the most satisfying victories in all the years I've been gaming. That fukking giant gorilla I couldn't beat at the beginning of the game and gave me the fight of my life just moments ago...

I GAVE HIM THAT WORK. STRAIGHT UP DESTROYED HIM.

He was actually about to win, but I had 5 orbs stacked on him and didn't think it would be enough to put him away but I did some crazy shyt that unlocked something called full burst and holy shyt that shyt did almost 3 mill damage. :lupe: hit him with that...

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yo I just had one of the most satisfying victories in all the years I've been gaming. That fukking giant gorilla I couldn't beat at the beginning of the game and gave me the fight of my life just moments ago...

He was actually about to win, but I had 5 orbs stacked on him and didn't think it would be enough to put him away but I did some crazy shyt that unlocked something called full burst and holy shyt that shyt did almost 3 mill damage. :lupe: hit him with that...

Yea I think full burst is every single element put on him and broken. I got one of em too LAAAWWWDD :banderas:

Sidenote: 3 hours into Xenoblade 1, very good so far.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

What level are you?
I had to be level 75, his attacks were too strong (particularly the AOE sit down fart attack) for me to beat him at any level lower than that.

One other thing, 3mil damage? You should be hitting way over that with your chain attacks for now. 5mil+. Stack every element, make sure to have Pneuma out and then chain attack and try to break an orb every turn

Yea I think full burst is every single element put on him and broken. I got one of em too LAAAWWWDD :banderas:

Sidenote: 3 hours into Xenoblade 1, very good so far.

Full burst only requires 5 orbs, I think. Definitely don't need more than 6. You just have to make sure you break 2 every turn (only possible with Pneuma, I'm sure)

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What level are you?
I had to be level 75, his attacks were too strong (particularly the AOE sit down fart attack) for me to beat him at any level lower than that.

One other thing, 3mil damage? You should be hitting way over that with your chain attacks for now. 5mil+. Stack every element, make sure to have Pneuma out and then chain attack and try to break an orb every turn

Full burst only requires 5 orbs, I think. Definitely don't need more than 6. You just have to make sure you break 2 every turn (only possible with Pneuma, I'm sure)

That's exactly the bullshyt he was pulling, and I was lvl 75 too. The problem with these unique beasts is that when you finally got them lower than 50 percent of their stamina, they start going WILD and either calling on for help, for doing some new attacks that you have to be ready for, or it'll one hit KO you. I believe I died a good amount of times before I finally got him. What I found truly weird is that insect from the the waste land of Morythra. I went to face him right after I beat the Gorilla, and he was much harder. the issue was he was doing something that kept my affinity extremely low the entire battle. The thing was was only lvl 58. couldn't believe it took me several tries to beat it. But I finally hit him with the full burst as well to win.

Now I'm trying to get to the unique beast in the Kingdom of Uraya but don't know how.

DWShaTQUQAAuSCQ.jpg

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's exactly the bullshyt he was pulling, and I was lvl 75 too. The problem with these unique beasts is that when you finally got them lower than 50 percent of their stamina, they start going WILD and either calling on for help, for doing some new attacks that you have to be ready for, or it'll one hit KO you. I believe I died a good amount of times before I finally got him. What I found truly weird is that insect from the the waste land of Morythra. I went to face him right after I beat the Gorilla, and he was much harder. the issue was he was doing something that kept my affinity extremely low the entire battle. The thing was was only lvl 58. couldn't believe it took me several tries to beat it. But I finally hit him with the full burst as well to win.

Now I'm trying to get to the unique beast in the Kingdom of Uraya but don't know how.

DWShaTQUQAAuSCQ.jpg
There's a side quest in Uraya to open up the Dragon's Stomach.

And yeah I know that exact unique monster you're talking about. It was the only unique in the game after chapter 3 or so that I had to be at a higher level to beat. It's cause has an affinity down attack

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, the insect in Morytha was a learning experience. I fought it while going through the very first time though. That shyt taught me everything I know about aggro control, how to spam AoEs for team heals, and using blade combos to prevent the enemy's attacks from hitting you during the animation.

Thing was a bytch. I think the last Unique to give me an issue was the giant fukking robot near the end of the game. Tanking attacks is one thing, but tanking AND dodging crowd control/status effects is another.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Man Youtube really needs to let content creators put spoiler tags on videos and let me filter out any videos with such a tag from showing up in my feed or suggestions.

I've been playing Xenoblade 1 and essentially had the entire ending ruined for me by one suggested video with spoilers in the title cause I watched a video on how to find an item for a side quest.

In the last few years this has happened to me countless times. This game is older so it's more forgivable, and I'll still beat the game, some of the ending is heavily foreshadowed anyway. I've had the shyt happen on release day. Like Witcher 3 I'm watching a review and the suggested video is the final boss with the name in the video title and everything.

So desperate for clicks that you can have the end of a game online the day it releases with the ending and events spoiled right in the video title and thumbnail. I get why they do it so later on when it's searched for their video pops up, but it's super annoying. I must've had 5-10 games spoiled this way in the last few years.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Man Youtube really needs to let content creators put spoiler tags on videos and let me filter out any videos with such a tag from showing up in my feed or suggestions.

I've been playing Xenoblade 1 and essentially had the entire ending ruined for me by one suggested video with spoilers in the title cause I watched a video on how to find an item for a side quest.

In the last few years this has happened to me countless times. This game is older so it's more forgivable, and I'll still beat the game, some of the ending is heavily foreshadowed anyway. I've had the shyt happen on release day. Like Witcher 3 I'm watching a review and the suggested video is the final boss with the name in the video title and everything.

So desperate for clicks that you can have the end of a game online the day it releases with the ending and events spoiled right in the video title and thumbnail. I get why they do it so later on when it's searched for their video pops up, but it's super annoying. I must've had 5-10 games spoiled this way in the last few years.

:francis: Youtube really should come down on them big time, I agree. That shyt's the reason I started reading the AOT manga.

Also thanks @firemanBk gonna look for the quest soon.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, the insect in Morytha was a learning experience. I fought it while going through the very first time though. That shyt taught me everything I know about aggro control, how to spam AoEs for team heals, and using blade combos to prevent the enemy's attacks from hitting you during the animation.

Thing was a bytch. I think the last Unique to give me an issue was the giant fukking robot near the end of the game. Tanking attacks is one thing, but tanking AND dodging crowd control/status effects is another.

you talking the lvl 114 or something around there? :mjlol: I think I stared at that thing for 1 full minute wondering where it came from. Then dipped. Believe it has two high level enemies right beside it too.