Xbox still having u use double A batteries is just unacceptable

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I prefer it. I have a lot of Eneloops so I can quickly swap batteries. Not a fan of built in batteries that in a few years degrade charge cycles.

I’ve never had a controller’s built-in battery die on me but idk how ppl can shyt on xbox controllers having the option of either/or...well actually idk why...stan-wars bullshyt

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I prefer it. I have a lot of Eneloops so I can quickly swap batteries. Not a fan of built in batteries that in a few years degrade charge cycles.

If it can last at like 80% through the gen I could live with it. My first DS4 didn’t even make it to the Pro before it needed to be hooked up to the ventilator. This one has been much better, but I was a little more conscious of taking care of the battery. This time I’m really gonna be on it. I already copped a charging station, gonna go ahead and cop a second DS next opportunity so I can charge em right, and keep em ready so they don’t gotta get ready :mjlit:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’ve never had a controller’s built-in battery die on me but idk how ppl can shyt on xbox controllers having the option of either/or...well actually idk why...stan-wars bullshyt
My PS4 battery isn’t dead but it doesn’t last as long as it earlier in the generation. I have to plug it up frequently. My Xbox Elite Controller I just swap batteries real quick and I’m back to wireless play. Part of the reason I don’t plan to upgrade to the series 2 Elite.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
My PS4 battery isn’t dead but it doesn’t last as long as it earlier in the generation. I have to plug it up frequently. My Xbox Elite Controller I just swap batteries real quick and I’m back to wireless play. Part of the reason I don’t plan to upgrade to the series 2 Elite.
I thought the same thing, but the Elite 2 battery is strong as hell. Unless I'm playing a ton, I charge it once every 2 to 3 weeks. Heavy play, once a week. Kept my OG Elite as a backup, haven't touched it once. The Elite 2 is the shyt.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Do y’all realize you can replace the battery in a PS4 controller?:dwillhuh:
I’m still using the OG controller that came with my PS4. The battery died 2 years ago and I bought a new one off EBay for $8.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

interesting...I do no notice I have to recharge my DS4 more frequently...never paid attention to how long it lasted initially tho...also to be fair...I upgraded to the pro...and then bought this limited ed. controller/console about 2 years ago

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I prefer it this way. you have the option to buy the battery pack with cable or use rechargeable double As. its a nightmare trying to replace a built in battery for a controller.
Imagine ur cell phone having to use double A batteries?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

that’d be dope...I wouldn’t have to charge it every fukking night then...just replace it once every couple of months (hypothetically of course and assuming just for kicks that the battery change would be as frequent as it is for a controller)

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
that’d be dope...I wouldn’t have to charge it every fukking night then...just replace it once every couple of months (hypothetically of course and assuming just for kicks that the battery change would be as frequent as it is for a controller)
:skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Completely different type of device with a completely different use case. Your cellphone is on your person and is likely just as often away from home as it is used at home. I can honestly say I preferred when cell phones had easily user replaceable batteries though.

Your TV remote likely uses AA or AAA batteries. Nobody really demands they don't.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If Xbox used wired controllers these nikkas would be arguing with me about how nobody couch is that far from the TV anyway :skip:
No. Charge cycles diminish longevity over time. I never plug in my Xbox Elite series 1 controller into anything. I just take the few seconds to swap Eneloops and back to wireless play. I spend a fair amount of time with my PS4 DualShock plugged in to charge the battery as I’m playing games because the battery got too low.

Now if we’re talking Switch Pro Controller level battery life that’s another story.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
PlayStation not having an official elite / high end controller is even more unacceptable...

Now would’ve been the perfect time to launch with one...