Xbox Series X and Series S: $499 and $299 - November 10th Launch

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Think of it how PC gamers play their games

You're gonna be playing your games off that ssd you posted but you'll still be able to hold your games on those cheaper hdd externals you can buy on sale. And when you ready to play it you just need to transfer the game from the hdd to the ssd which is gonna be pretty quick

I game on pc. I just use multiple SSD’s in my rig. With a backup hdd. Constantly having to remove and transfer games sounds redundant and extremely annoying

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I game on pc. I just use multiple SSD’s in my rig. With a backup hdd. Constantly having to remove and transfer games sounds redundant and extremely annoying
As a dude with 440 xbox games on my 10tb external......I'm at best only playing 5-7 games at a time. Its nice to have em on command but honestly speaking we only need so much space for games being played at the same time

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
After spending months talking about the superiority of 12TF, now we're at the 4TF is next gen.

I guess all of that applies as long as there is no Sony logo on the box.
A Navi/RDNA2 TF does more than a last gen TF. It's just showing the Series S is comparable to a One X, but still has a way better CPU,RAM, etc. Series X is still 3x that:wow:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
After spending months talking about the superiority of 12TF, now we're at the 4TF is next gen.

I guess all of that applies as long as there is no Sony logo on the box.

Breh, this console isn't for us. We are the 1% that buy most at launch. We aren't most people though. My kids bring their friends to our house and they stare in amazement at everything. This is an impulse buy console for people with money and it is a mass market price for a console for families that can't afford the top versions of the console. I'd hate growing up in these later generations because I don't think my mom would have bulged on a console over 299. It was a principle thing for her. There are many like that as well. This is the console for them and others of limited means but want to get on the next-gen wave or those that don't care about 4K.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
As a dude with 440 xbox games on my 10tb external......I'm at best only playing 5-7 games at a time. Its nice to have em on command but honestly speaking we only need so much space for games being played at the same time

Makes sense, but sometimes I get a random urge to play a game I haven’t played in a while, once I see I need to reinstall it I completely lose interest. I just think everyone is different and we each have our own methods that work for us.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
You read half my post. I said ftp AND multiplats.

then you posted a link to a bunch of damn multiplats. I think there’s one exclusive in the top 20 :mjlol:
"Yearly installments of sh*t like madden and COD" is what you said and either statement is wrong.

Super Smash Bros, Spiderman, Super Mario Odessy, Legend of Zelda are not multiplats and are not yearly releases.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Honestly the resolution isn’t a big deal to me. 1080/60 > 4K/30.

Thing is...with the reduced GPU, not sure if this thing can hit 1080/60 consistently.
The Jaguar CPU was the big limiter as far as frame rates. The S has the same big boy CPU as the X. Jaguar and RDNA2 are light years apart. Put one in a One X, and everything runs 60 FPS or better.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't get why XSS and PS5 are in the same conversation when XSS clearly isn't being marketed as the top console. XSS is targeted towards people who don't get wet at the mention of 4K and just want to play some games, aka the casual gamer. The PS5 is going to be more powerful than the XSS so no use drawing comparisons there. Only remaining comparison is the sector of the market and I already mentioned XSS is targeting the casual gamers. So unless people mean to say that PS5 gamers are casuals... :yeshrug:. I would compare like to like.