Xbox Series X and Series S: $499 and $299 - November 10th Launch

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Why is $299 and Gamepass suddenly a big deal? There's already a cheap Xbox on the market for $299 with Gamepass and has been for years which hasn't done much for Xbox sales so how will this be any different?

The idea of a cheap Xbox that actually has a focus of providing next gen game play with mid-range specs, at the start of the generation and not midway or at the end. It may take till the end of the next generation for 4k televisions to outnumber 1080p televisions in the home for the target market. The XSX is the pro version, the enthusiast version. Not everyone wants, can afford or desires that version but still would want to be a part of the Microsoft ecosystem. For Call of Duty: Cold War, a 299 console will be able to run whatever 120fps modes Activision is including in the game and checkerboarding up to 4k is the icing on the cake.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Once Fable drops I’ll cop the Series S.

Only game that’s interesting me.

But that’s a few years off so might end up being the X

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So it's arm's length but the Series X and PS5 difference is :ohlawd:.

Uh yes when you are the creme of the crop, then those small details are what set you apart.

For a cheap gaming machine the series s is in arms length of ps5 and two arms length of series x

:yeshrug:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I have the one X. Is there any point in me upgrading?
I have one too. Nah it has a smaller storage and doesn't do 4k and no disc drive. Only thing it has in the one x is faster load times because of the SSD

Go with the series x if you want a real upgrade.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The idea of a cheap Xbox that actually has a focus of providing next gen game play with mid-range specs, at the start of the generation and not midway or at the end. It may take till the end of the next generation for 4k televisions to outnumber 1080p televisions in the home for the target market. The XSX is the pro version, the enthusiast version. Not everyone wants, can afford or desires that version but still would want to be a part of the Microsoft ecosystem. For Call of Duty: Cold War, a 299 console will be able to run whatever 120fps modes Activision is including in the game and checkerboarding up to 4k is the icing on the cake.
What difference does it make if a cheap console is introduced at the start or in the middle of the generation? Y’all just keep moving the goalpost to suit your agenda.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
What a great quote :wow:

Checkerboard rendering was ridiculed, violently opposed and now upscaling techniques are self evident as a step forward.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What a great quote :wow:

Checkerboard rendering was ridiculed, violently opposed and now upscaling techniques are self evident as a step forward.

Not just that.

Xbox 1 X was 6 teroflops....this is 4.....so that means that ...

teraflops isn't everything :ohhh:

and "efficiency" and scaling techniques are..... :ohhh:

giphy.gif

And before I leave....this shyt won't matter because I'll put this right here......this is what is going to move systems this holiday season...and we all know this..

Rd9eQFn.png

I'll leave on that note..
flabbynsickhalo.png