Xbox says the reason they don't market games much is because they don't have the money Sony has

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not saying I disbelieve you, but I'm gonna need to see some numbers.
They keep saying it and showing the numbers over and over again.

But yall get your perspective from sony stan’s and cac tweets so…….:francis:

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They keep saying it and showing the numbers over and over again.

But yall get your perspective from sony stan’s and cac tweets so…….:francis:
You know what else they said?

:mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Xbox growth has not stalled.

Player engagement is up for them across all platforms.

They are definitely more conservative with marketing budgets than sony, but sony is gonna need to rein some of that in too. There’s more effective ways to market without throwing a bunch of money at ads.

That’s actually what the news story in the op is about. A very effective marketing campaign that didn’t cost much but resulted in a tangible increase in xbox players.

What’s in the OP is actually a good thing, a success story for xbox. But as usual the concern trollers ignore context and spin it in to pages of bashing xbox. :stopitslime:
Xbox growth has stalled, but Microsoft gaming hasn't. In the console space Microsoft growth has stalled, which is why it's not performing well monthly in all markets. Unsure, if Microsoft is seeing direct growth in windows store because most people are buying their games on Steam.

IMO, they need to improve their marketing effort because it's not just EMEA where its poor becuase it's also poor in North America

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xbox growth has stalled, but Microsoft gaming hasn't.
“Xbox” hasn’t just been the console for over a decade now.

In the console space Microsoft growth has stalled, which is why it's not performing well monthly in all markets. Unsure, if Microsoft is seeing direct growth in windows store because most people are buying their games on Steam.
I just posted the announcement that they have more active xbox console users now than ever before.
IMO, they need to improve their marketing effort because it's not just EMEA where its poor becuase it's also poor in North America
In NA the brand is pretty close to equal with sony. Could do more advertising, but i’m sure they have numbers telling them what’s worth it or not.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
“Xbox” hasn’t just been the console for over a decade now.

I just posted the announcement that they have more active xbox console users now than ever before.

In NA the brand is pretty close to equal with sony. Could do more advertising, but i’m sure they have numbers telling them what’s worth it or not.
I feel that's cap. I don't think they have that many first time xbox owners with the xbox series gen. So, it's pretty much an extension of xb1 gen, and people that had xb1 left it for Sony or built a PC. I don't trust any hyperbole Phil wants to say during an event like that. I would only somewhat trust it if it's said during a Microsoft earning call because you can't lie to shareholders during those.

Honestly, he's not wrong there because the gap isn't that large in NA, but it's widening due to Phil's incompetence.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
May Circana report:

Hardware
May video game hardware spending declined 40% when compared to a year ago, to $202M, and is now 30% lower YTD. Through May, all current generation hardware platforms are showing double-digit percentage declines year-on-year in 2024, with Switch showing the most significant drop.

PlayStation 5 again led the month’s hardware market in unit and dollar sales. Nintendo Switch once again finished 2nd in unit sales, while Xbox Series ranked 2nd in dollars.

Through each console’s first 43 months in market, PlayStation 5 unit sales lead those of PlayStation 4 by 8%, while Xbox Series trails Xbox One by 13% and remains slightly behind Xbox 360.

What I estimate for May 2024

PS5: ~230K
NSW: ~130K
XBS: ~108K

They are literally being outsold 2:1 in the US, Xbox’s strongest territory

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
These mothers fukkers are on some bull shyt

kinda like cacs act like they oppressed at the same time getting everything they want inspite of everyone else

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, he's not wrong there because the gap isn't that large in NA, but it's widening due to Phil's incompetence.

The gaps not as wide as it is worldwide but even to be a few million behind in their strongest region isn’t really good considering how non-existent sales are elsewhere. The xbox series consoles are selling worse in North America than the last two generations and it continues to fall further.

Its 2:1 in the US and like 10:1 everywhere else, or more.

It’d be one thing if the cope was that Xbox was neck and neck or outselling playstation in North America but thats not even close to true

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel that's cap. I don't think they have that many first time xbox owners with the xbox series gen. So, it's pretty much an extension of xb1 gen, and people that had xb1 left it for Sony or built a PC. I don't trust any hyperbole Phil wants to say during an event like that. I would only somewhat trust it if it's said during a Microsoft earning call because you can't lie to shareholders during those.

Respectfully your feelings don’t really matter. That’s the problem. Y’all get your feelings from cac tweets and sony stan’s.

Reality is a different story

Nutella said the same on an actual earnings call :ehh:

Incompetence that has led to the CEO being able to boast about how their brand is the biggest it’s ever been :banderas:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The gaps not as wide as it is worldwide but even to be a few million behind in their strongest region isn’t really good considering how non-existent sales are elsewhere. The xbox series consoles are selling worse in North America than the last two generations and it continues to fall further.

Its 2:1 in the US and like 10:1 everywhere else, or more.

It’d be one thing if the cope was that Xbox was neck and neck or outselling playstation in North America but thats not even close to true
Unsure, if its 2:1, but it's getting close which is a bad look. I think last gen it was only a couple of millions behind. So, its def all lies when Phil is saying more console users blah blah. For all we know he's talking about people linking their accounts to Minecraft haha. It's def a red alert when it close to 2:1 in your main stronghold. It's only going to get worse when younger gamers don't have any attachment to the xbox brand. They're living off the strength of 360 gen, and older gamers are fine with xbox because it's what they know but gen z don't f with xbox.

I remember when I went back to school and no students in any of my classes had an xbox or cared about their games. However, there were some playing Microsoft games through steam, but didn't care about getting a console to play it. Still have no clue how Satya didn't clean house to correct because there's no way you can trust current leadership on all levels to deliver even if they push for multiplat

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Unsure, if its 2:1, but it's getting close which is a bad look. I think last gen it was only a couple of millions behind. So, its def all lies when Phil is saying more console users blah blah. For all we know he's talking about people linking their accounts to Minecraft haha

Thats exactly what they are doing, they are counting all the WOW/Battle.net and Minecraft, etc. accounts on other platforms.

Thats how they went from 123m before the merger to 200m in the link meach posted post merger

The numbers on actual xbox hardware would be tiny considering they have an install base of like 50m, betweeen series and xbox one consoles.

The minecraft nintendo users probably accounted for a large portion of that 123m

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s close to 2:1 worldwide.

NA is a lot closer.

Like i said. Y’all don’t even live in the real world when it comes to this.

Just make up your own reality and argue over that :smh:

Case in point

Thats exactly what they are doing, they are counting all the WOW/Battle.net and Minecraft, etc. accounts on other platforms.

Thats how they went from 123m before the merger to 200m in the link meach posted post merger

The numbers on actual xbox hardware would be tiny considering they have an install base of like 50m, betweeen series and xbox one consoles.

The minecraft nintendo users probably accounted for a large portion of that 123m

Sony stan’s :mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

lmao, I had a feeling he was doing that because there's no way there are that many users on xbox series, xb1, windows store, and steam. More power to them and they made some smart investments like Minecraft, but it doens't mean shyt for the xbox brand because most people don't even associate Minecraft with xbox and same with COD.. I think Minecraft on Nintendo got a commerical and Minecraft on xbox doesn't even get advertise that much.

I am curious to see how they handle marketing COD in the fall. They would be insane not to put xbox on neon lights and advertise it launching on gamepass, but they still need to make the general public know what gamepass is and why they should care.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
lmao, I had a feeling he was doing that because there's no way there are that many users on xbox series, xb1, windows store, and steam. More power to them and they made some smart investments like Minecraft, but it doens't mean shyt for the xbox brand because most people don't even associate Minecraft with xbox and same with COD.. I think Minecraft on Nintendo got a commerical and Minecraft on xbox doesn't even get advertise that much.

I am curious to see how they handle marketing COD in the fall. They would be insane not to put xbox on neon lights and advertise it launching on gamepass, but they still need to make the general public know what gamepass is and why they should care.

Yeah, it makes sense from a publishing/publisher pov but it doesn’t mean anyhting for the overall health of the xbox brand. They essentially bought a bunch of highly successful multiplayer franchises that already live on other platforms.

I think it’d probably be in Microsofts best interest to highlight the platforms where COD will actually sell full priced copies like Steam and PS4/5