Xbox One specs CONFIRMED!!!!!! (at Hot Chips conference)

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
x38uu59.gif

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Here is what has been released so far:

+ DDR3 has 4 channels, GPU, GPU memory 264GB/s, 4 x 256 r/w bit high
speed CPU, GPU and memory connection.
+ Xbox One SoC is Designed by MS and AMD
+ Over 5 billion transaistors on 363mm² MAIN SOC
+ Modified Jaguar x86-64 cores, two clusters of 4 cores (two CPU's tapped
together)
+ 47MB of cache
+ HSA HUMMA Coherent Shared Memory
+ Modifications for memory sharing & bandwidth + 8G DDR3 and 8G FLASH
+ Audio offload processor 15 GFLOPS (more than a CPU core worth of processing)
+ DX11.1+ GPU
+ 264GB/s total mem bandwidth
+ GPU contains 15 co processors
And also: "Microsoft disclosed some details, but left many important pieces out. Evidently, Microsoft doesn’t want to tell all of its competitors about how well designed its system is."

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
So X1 gpu and cpu have access to higher overall bandwidth than the ps4, this is from TeamXbox:

Based on the confirmation of what I was saying before and DF's sources/article, it turns out there is no advantage whatsoever for Sony's GDDR5. At all. Literally nothing. It costs more, won't price reduce as quickly, devs get the same amount for games/OS as on X1, and it wasn't enough to boost PS4's bandwidth to the CPU or GPU above X1's setup. Oh, and not that it is problematic, but it also has slightly more latency than X1's DDR3 setup.

Shame we didn't get specific clocks here (even though we know it's 853 MHz for GPU without the Hot Chips info). I'm curious if the CPU clock is still 1.6 GHz or if it also got bumped up to 1.706 GHz.

Seems to come down to X1 having a slightly better CPU (possibly), higher bandwidth to CPU/GPU, DMEs/display planes, and its array of 4 audio processors...compared to PS4's GPU with more raw flops power. Not anywhere near as lopsided as the Sony fanboys have been proclaiming since January.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
So I guess I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand half of them specs. That isn't regular computer shyt as most of it is console exclusive architecture.

The layout and specs aren't complex. You can even get them with your motherboards sometimes. The rest is a numbers game.

If you know how a computer works you can graph this yourself. It really isn't hard to understand.

And lastly, this isn't exclusive console architecture. It's all x86-64, not the typical PPC.