Xbox-next might not be far away.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Spoilers: it won’t be.

People attribute too much success to xbox based on the 360 sales but they forget a lot of those sales occurred specificaly because the RROD. People were buying multiple 360’s, if not for that the sales would probably be comparable to the xbox one.

And blade won’t be 2026 or 2027, they haven’t even hired for a lot of the key positions yet. That was a recruitment teaser, they don’t even have a producer on it.

While true, I don't think they have to go on Sony's timeline for when next gen starts. There's no way the series s can survive 8 years, which is why I see them starting the gen before Sony. They most likely won't recapture the success of the 360, but they're better off releasing 1 year earlier than Sony. I think launching with Elder Scrolls 6 is the right move. However, Bethesda most likely lost a step imo, but Elder Scrolls name still holds weight.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
While true, I don't think they have to go on Sony's timeline for when next gen starts. There's no way the series s can survive 8 years, which is why I see them starting the gen before Sony. They most likely won't recapture the success of the 360, but they're better off releasing 1 year earlier than Sony. I think launching with Elder Scrolls 6 is the right move. However, Bethesda most likely lost a step imo, but Elder Scrolls name still holds weight.

There’s like 0% chance that when Microsoft launch their next console that they will cut off the series consoles. The install base is way too small to support the amount of games they have to release just on xbox and Pc. It’s still going to be a situation where they are supporting 3 power sku’s, and if phil spencer is to be believed they will have two power sku’s next generation also.

Launching new hardware won’t solve microsofts problem.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s like 0% chance that when Microsoft launch their next console that they will cut off the series consoles. The install base is way too small to support the amount of games they have to release just on xbox and Pc. It’s still going to be a situation where they are supporting 3 power sku’s, and if phil spencer is to be believed they will have two power sku’s next generation also.

Launching new hardware won’t solve microsofts problem.

Microsoft problems are all being addressed.

Sony is being left to give y'all what y'all want.

Xbox market is being worked aka "grown organically"

They have and are acquiring studios, something they didn't have many of until the last 4 years.

The PS5 pro is in a much worse situation than anything coming out the Xbox camp hardware wise.

Someone is getting screwed on the user end, either early adopters or people with reg ole PS5, or possibly both.

The reasons to buy a PS5 pro are mad limited, at this rate if it drops in 2024 or 25 what games are we gonna see that make such a a drastic difference you need to drop another 600 instead of just using the base system?

It would literally have to be one of Sonys big dog games basically being a pro exclusive to be worth a purchase

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft problems are all being addressed.

Sony is being left to give y'all what y'all want.

Xbox market is being worked aka "grown organically"

They have and are acquiring studios, something they didn't have many of until the last 4 years.

The PS5 pro is in a much worse situation than anything coming out the Xbox camp hardware wise.

Someone is getting screwed on the user end, either early adopters or people with reg ole PS5, or possibly both.

The reasons to buy a PS5 pro are mad limited, at this rate if it drops in 2024 or 25 what games are we gonna see that make such a a drastic difference you need to drop another 600 instead of just using the base system?

It would literally have to be one of Sonys big dog games basically being a pro exclusive to be worth a purchase

Whatever you have to tell yourself after gassing the 12 teraflop system eater earlier in the gen :heh:

Last edited:

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Microsoft shoulda been made a PC gaming handheld forget home consoles

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Starving? Coping?
What the fukk has xbox done to make yall think yall getting a better experience?
Honestly seriously what the fukk is yall getting?
I mean you even got yourself a PS5 because xbox can’t give you a proper experience :mjlol:
So I guess they running your pockets too if they was able to get you to buy one of their consoles too :mjgrin:
Sony and Nintendo is all I need . I don’t need what the fukk M$ is offering because it is fukking dogshyt :russ:
I don’t want the xbox a lot of people don’t want the xbox no matter how much yall xbots here or around the world try to push it down peoples throats

ignore Titan.

he stay making anti Sony threads all day, but the main one buying all the Playstation Exclusives.

Dude bout to have his WOAT banner in a couple of weeks anyway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Let's keep it real. People probably gonna go out and spend upwards of $599 on a mid-gen refresh PlayStation when the PlayStation 6 that will undoubtedly be more powerful than a PS5 Pro is not likely to cost that.

That is unless you think Sony is officially going to drop the PS5's price to create separation and release the Pro at $499. They'd also need to drop the digital version. Not gonna happen. Sony doesn't do stuff like that these days.

shyt has the Nintendo Switch in all its life even had a real price drop? Game consoles stay the same price or go up. Holiday sales are it for any price movement.

At that price it should be new hardware not a half measure.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let's keep it real. People probably gonna go out and spend upwards of $599 on a mid-gen refresh PlayStation when the PlayStation 6 that will undoubtedly be more powerful than a PS5 Pro is not likely to cost that.

That is unless you think Sony is officially going to drop the PS5's price to create separation and release the Pro at $499. They'd also need to drop the digital version. Not gonna happen. Sony doesn't do stuff like that these days.

shyt has the Nintendo Switch in all its life even had a real price drop? Game consoles stay the same price or go up. Holiday sales are it for any price movement.

At that price it should be new hardware not a half measure.

This isn’t really a problem for sony, im not sure why you’re trying to pivot the conversation. Sony isn’t having trouble selling consoles, microsoft is.

It’s a ‘half measure’ because its mid-gen and consoles are still flying off the shelves, theres another 4 years of gaming left this generation for playstation. A pro model is a niche product not a replacement for a failing platform.

Microsoft is going to have to figure out how to move hardware and releasing a year earlier than sony isn’t really going to do it when most people are just going to wait the extra year for a new playstation. Nintendo went and carved out their own lane, as long as xbox is seen as a “bargain” or “green bubble” version of playstation, no one will care.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These dude in here feeling mad threatened :pachaha:

Sony selling millions of units but struggling with everything thing else. 2023 was actually a disaster for PlayStation, but you wouldn't know it the way the Stans talk.

But yeah they selling hardware :blessed: