Xbox-next might not be far away.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo>>>>>

Y'all went from, I don't play games, to I only play mobile games, to I don't play Nintendo games.

:mjlol:
Nintendo has been killing it with multiple potential 1st party GOTY contenders on 7 year old hardware.
Now you want my Nintendo score? I've only played like 2 maybe 3 switch games this year sofar

Greatest year of gaming and you only played 2 games from your favorite console? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You can't.

Almost all of SM2s scores are 9 and above.

Big difference compared to when a few outliers from Stan platforms are inflating your score from an otherwise mixed reception.

Yep,

The difference is without Playstation outlets spider-man would still in the in the very High 80s (i honestly dont think any playstation centric sites gave it a 10/10)

Without the xbox fellatio scores starfield would be in the mid- high 70’s

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That was before games took 5 years to make :mjlol:
That doesn’t matter. Plenty of those Nintendo consoles got 1 to 2 at best main games in their series. Hell the Switch just got 1 new non-port 3D Mario.

Having 8-10 year console generations because games take 5 years to make is silly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That doesn’t matter. Plenty of those Nintendo consoles got 1 to 2 at best main games in their series. Hell the Switch just got 1 new non-port 3D Mario.

Having 8-10 year console generations because games take 5 years to make is silly.

No it isnt, because if the. Development starts on one console and ends up as a cross gen it makes no difference because they are still making games for a base series s

Buying a new xbox in 2026 would offer them no real benefits, as a company and to consumers. 3rd party developers aren’t gonna start making xbox next games when ps5 is nearing 100m consoles sold, and xbox studios are still coding for this pervious generation. They ain’t cutting off series x/s for a new generation.

There is 0 benefit to starting another gen early. Hardware alone is not their problem and regardless of when next gen starts for them they are tethered to teh series s

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No it isnt, because if the. Development starts on one console and ends up as a cross gen it makes no difference because they are still making games for a base series s

Buying a new xbox in 2026 would offer them no real benefits, as a company and to consumers. 3rd party developers aren’t gonna start making xbox next games when ps5 is nearing 100m consoles sold, and xbox studios are still coding for this pervious generation. They ain’t cutting off series x/s for a new generation.

There is 0 benefit to starting another gen early. Hardware alone is not their problem and regardless of when next gen starts for them they are tethered to teh series s
Console generations with x86 architecture across them aren’t what they once were. You can run them concurrently. Instead of putting out some marginally more powerful hardware and calling it a “mid gen refresh” just put out a substantial upgrade and phase the older hardware out over time.

Back in the day when you started a new console generation you phased the old one out because it was usually a different architecture and development environment. Doesn’t need to be that way now. They can treat it like the iPad and call it Xbox Series X generation 2 and when generation 1 becomes old enough phase it out like Apple stops iPad OS updates on hardware they deem too outdated.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Console generations with x86 architecture across them aren’t what they once were. You can run them concurrently. Instead of putting out some marginally more powerful hardware and calling it a “mid gen refresh” just put out a substantial upgrade and phase the older hardware out over time.

Thats not gonna happen when your console sales are small enough as it is. It might work for a bigger console company like nintendo or sony but microsoft isn’t slowly phasing out their already meager installbase for another one that probably won’t sell well. Its hard enough for them to get people to buy a discounted series s much less a whole other console already

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thats not gonna happen when your console sales are small enough as it is. It might work for a bigger console company like nintendo or sony but microsoft isn’t slowly phasing out their already meager installbase for another one that probably won’t sell well. Its hard enough for them to get people to buy a discounted series s much less a whole other console already
Except they have stuff like xCloud so even when time came to sunset the current consoles they wouldn’t be fully left behind anyway.

If you think Microsoft will make the mistake of again launching new hardware next to Sony I think you’re mistaken. The best way for them to launch new hardware is to launch it first as some sort of upgrade to the current consoles and eventually phase the old ones out.

That’s the obvious move on their part and they definitely need to go first. Wait a year or two after the PS5 Pro and launch it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Except they have stuff like xCloud so even when time came to sunset the current consoles they wouldn’t be fully left behind anyway.

If you think Microsoft will make the mistake of again launching new hardware next to Sony I think you’re mistaken. The best way for them to launch new hardware is to launch it first as some sort of upgrade to the current consoles and eventually phase the old ones out.

That’s the obvious move on their part and they definitely need to go first. Wait a year or two after the PS5 Pro and launch it.

Yes, because so many current series s and x owners are going to be perfectly happy with streaming their games on their current box that they just bought, just like they were perfectly comfortable with streaming games on their xbox one this generation instead of upgrading. Even if they were comfortable that just spells even more trouble for their next console sales

Microsoft gains no competitive advantage to launching early. People need to stop trying To recreate the success of the 360, that was a fluke more on sonys part than some grand design by microsoft. They cut the original xbox cycle short to get the 360 out early and it ended up costing them in the end with how badly designed the 360 was that they rushed to market.

If microsoft release a console early, whats the hook gon’ be? Most big 3rd party games will still target ps5, and i doubt anything generation defining will launch in 2026 on xbox. It will still be mostly cross-gen stuff that have been in productions for years on this current gen. By then all sony has to do is say PS6 coming and it will end up stealing the xbox thunder by being more powerful again a year later.

3rd party are always gonna target ps5 because of the user base.

And nothing from microsofts first party studios are going to get people to upgrade or jump over. The biggest thing they have in their arsenal is Elder Scrolls 6 and Phil Spencer said its still over 5 years out.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they will release in 2026, but I can see them releasing in 2027, which might be a year before Sony. I think it's possible for Microsoft to do that if they have Elder Scrolls 6 ready to launch with it. They can use that opportunity to sunset the series s and make that game either next gen exclusive or next gen and series x only. Unsure if Blade is 2026 or 2027, but I think that game could line up with their next gen endeavors. Plus, they own COD, so they can get a head start on launching a next gen COD.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
but I can see them releasing in 2027, which might be a year before Sony. I think it's possible for Microsoft to do that if they have Elder Scrolls 6 ready to launch with it

Spoilers: it won’t be.

People attribute too much success to xbox based on the 360 sales but they forget a lot of those sales occurred specificaly because the RROD. People were buying multiple 360’s, if not for that the sales would probably be comparable to the xbox one.

And blade won’t be 2026 or 2027, they haven’t even hired for a lot of the key positions yet. That was a recruitment teaser, they don’t even have a producer on it.