Xbox Game Pass (Official Thread)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I though Yakuza series was going to be on here
They will be, 0 1 and 2 will be on gamepass this year. But the thing is every month there's been good games released. AAA titles only refers to budget, not quality. So when discussing games on forums people tend to miss on actual great titles. Murder miners comes to mind, indie title that created a halo clone but you had ninja abilities. Check the ratings for it on xbox or steam... just dropping knowledge.

Point of this rant, there's much more than yakuza to look forward to. But that will be another shrimp on the barbie :win:
Where is Control at?
They reveal games monthly like they do with the free monthly games

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Late as fukk, but someone explain gamepass to me in a couple of sentences...

Cost? Game selection on point?

best value in gaming hands down. You get all the new MS exclusives and a ton of other great games too. Not just bargain bin shyt either, they got AAA titles like GTA5, Monster Hunter, Witcher 3, etc. a huge range of smaller and indie titles too which is cool because you can play games you may have never tried before if you had to pay full price for them

It’s comparable to Netflix in the sense that you pay a subscription and get access to a huge catalog of games.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

It's basically Netflix for videogames minus the region coded content. You pay for the service and you've the option to download any and every game you see on there, once it's on there. That's it. The cost is around 10 a month I think, but I copped mine from a thread on here that had links to half off codes and bought like 3 years worth.

The game selection is on point if you're the type of dude who plays alot of games or looks for new shyt that you might not have heard of to play because it looks interesting. You won't see alot of big budget newly released content out like say an Assasin's Creed or COD game, but if you can play alot of piff on there that you might not have gone for when it just released but planned on getting somewhere down the line, like the Tomb Raider games or Devil May Cry 5 which is on there right now.

Gamepass is being amalgamated with Xbox Live into what is now known as Xbox Ultimate, so technically there is more than one way to access game pass in a sense, since you can cop Ultimate if you didn't already have live and get a decent deal with both.

All in all, I think it's really worth it for the type of cat I am, since I play everything. The only issue I have with it, which is strictly on me and my playstyle, is the fact that the turnover for games can seem pretty high if you've downloaded a bunch of shyt and took your time to play them. Perfect Example, RE4 and the first Tomb Raider. I downloaded them last year and never got around to it, and now they coming off this month, so if you have problems with backlog games, Gamepass WILL help fatten that shyt, man....but it's good. check it out.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

So this is what you wanna hear...

Go to your dashboard, you'll see gamepass being advertised for $1... actually :stop: since you haven't had gamepass yet the first month is free :francis: afterwards they'll want you to renew for $10 a month. Don't do that, either wait a month and then you'll see the $1 deals for 1 to 3 months.

Then there's another way, create a gamertag. That gamertag is eligible for the $1 deals (possibly the free month as well) then anyone who uses that xbox can use gamepass.

So you can pay $10 a month, great deal imo, or you can pay less than $10 a year relatively easily with the steps i just laid out for you. The xbox rewards program via bing gives you points that converts into $$$ and cam be redeemed via your console, they also pay you for getting achievements in games on gamepass in the rewards section. Now they paying you to play gamepass instead of the other way around :wow:

You're all welcome

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's talk about it.

I got gamepass up into next month and I didn't pay for it specifically. I got into the $2 for two month deal around Gears 5 launch and I had a 3 month coupon free with my PC upgrade back during the summer. Then I got another code for a month free online.

To date I beat Gears 5, played a little bit of Halo (ndMwas able to sample some games from the library on both my PC/Xbox1S. This is really a good deal if you don't care about owning games and want to just play, sample certain games. I would just pay for the one or two games I really want for future play if I'm so inclined but the fact is I can decide to pay later while getting the game now without much obligation. It's so cheap too with $5 a month with deals making it a no brainer.

@Kamikaze Revy I know you're big on owning titles but to be honest the math adds up favorably in gamepass' favor for the person who's trying to lower expenses. I know this has kept me from buying several games yet still enjoying them.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I have it, besides Ori (fire) nothing’s really grabbed me. Looking to try My friend Pedro soon, it’s a great service overall though

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I have it both besides Ori (fire) nothing’s really grabbed me. Looking to try My friend Pedro soon, it’s a great service overall though
There are 250 games, tons of games will "grab you" once you give the service a real shot.

Honestly i didn't think much of it until i had it. Found too many gems to look back, and it doesn't hurt that i only paid $1 for 2½years. When that runs out I'll renew, I'm certain of it. Im certain everyone else who tries it will feel similar or this thread wouldn't have been created :krs:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
It’s cool I have it on pc. So far have played gears and outer worlds And forza horizon with it. Not much else on there I really wanna play tbh.