Xbox Game Pass (Official Thread)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
That’s the owning/service argument that Microsoft needs to figure out.

IMO game pass is totally worth it if you are a big Forza fan alone and get to pick from a library of great games.

Sony and Nintendo can crush this. The numbers are so much easier for most at a $10 monthly subscription.
I disagree. I'll break it down...

Sony - Made its name off of ps2 era which featured a bunch of now multiplat titles :francis: ps3 didn't add much outside of Naughtydog but lost all its previous hits (twisted metal, Socom/etc) Sony already has a game rental service that isn't working. Lower the price to $10 and I don't expect nothing more than fanboy reactions. Can't top BC and everyone knows it. Free 4k patches n shyt :banderas: Sony would have to change its entire business model. They will have to anyway but it won't be on their terms. It'll be reactionary :ufdup:

Nintendo - Too greedy and too profitable with its current model to do this on the level of Gamepass but turning old games into online ones is brilliant because it shows me they are aware and have a plan b in place if ever necessary...
Definitely agree.
If I would have paid attention to the service earlier (or if it had what I wanted, when I wanted it earlier) I probably would have signed up a long time ago and not bought any of these games. I'm most likely in the minority though because I still prefer having physical copies and a little more control over my purchases.
I run into the same issues with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Video, I pay for this huge library of content and always end up watching the same 4 or 5 series. I end up paying a lot more for the luxury of having access to content that I never watch for various reasons.
There's definitely a huge value in programs like game pass, but for a person like me that isn't really interested in venturing far outside of my comfort zone as far as entertainment goes, the value isn't really there. As of right now, I can pick up Forza Horizon 4 for $48 and keep it "forever". No point in paying $10 a month for it just because I get the option of experimenting with a few indies here and there.
I'll take care of this one guys :tu:

Revinold :stop: look, we get it, You got relics of gaming yesteryear. I personally think it's cool to have Nes and SNES cartridges on deck :salute: but disc? You pressed to keep a disc along with no book, flimsy ass cover :usure:

In the future, whatever game you holding onto will still be available. The problem is you think we'll get off the grid one day, and when that day comes you'll still be able to game :blessed: except, the zombie apocalypse will require those games as ammo
latest

Otherwise, the reason the Xbox one X is awesome is why your way of thinking is outdated :ld: (Tru Story)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I disagree. I'll break it down...

Sony - Made its name off of ps2 era which featured a bunch of now multiplat titles :francis: ps3 didn't add much outside of Naughtydog but lost all its previous hits (twisted metal, Socom/etc) Sony already has a game rental service that isn't working. Lower the price to $10 and I don't expect nothing more than fanboy reactions. Can't top BC and everyone knows it. Free 4k patches n shyt :banderas: Sony would have to change its entire business model. They will have to anyway but it won't be on their terms. It'll be reactionary :ufdup:

Nintendo - Too greedy and too profitable with its current model to do this on the level of Gamepass but turning old games into online ones is brilliant because it shows me they are aware and have a plan b in place if ever necessary...

I'll take care of this one guys :tu:

Revinold :stop: look, we get it, You got relics of gaming yesteryear. I personally think it's cool to have Nes and SNES cartridges on deck :salute: but disc? You pressed to keep a disc along with no book, flimsy ass cover :usure:

In the future, whatever game you holding onto will still be available. The problem is you think we'll get off the grid one day, and when that day comes you'll still be able to game :blessed: except, the zombie apocalypse will require those games as ammo
latest

Otherwise, the reason the Xbox one X is awesome is why your way of thinking is outdated :ld: (Tru Story)
Even without the disc, I would still rather pay for the individual games I want instead of renting a library of games of I have little to no interest just to have access to the actual games I want....at least for the time being.
I'll keep an eye on game pass and programs like it through. As their libraries increase, so will my interest.
I have old games and new games. I would prefer libraries remained physical, but I get it, the convenience of digital outweighs the perceived benefits of physical.
You can't stop progress and I'm with it. Renting content long term is still a no-no for me.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Even without the disc, I would still rather pay for the individual games I want instead of renting a library of games of I have little to no interest just to have access to the actual games I want....at least for the time being.
I'll keep an eye on game pass and programs like it through. As their libraries increase, so will my interest.
I have old games and new games. I would prefer libraries remained physical, but I get it, the convenience of digital outweighs the perceived benefits of physical.
You can't stop progress and I'm with it. Renting content long term is still a no-no for me.
Honestly I only play about 3 games on the pass but with the time ive had it I could have bought them plus some. Thinking of canceling and just buying. no game up there is over 30$ and IMO the library is low key garbo anyway.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How I look at is ill almost certainly buy 2 Microsoft 1st party games a year, so it makes no sense not to have gamepass. I get extra games and access to some older games that I like throwing on every once in a while. Also having kids gamepass is great they play a lot of the games on there and it's cheap as fukk for me. Lastly there's almost always a gamepass deal that you kind find for cheaper access.

You own an Xbox there's really no reason not to have gamepass unless you are just stuck in the past and want to buy discs.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Honestly I only play about 3 games on the pass but with the time ive had it I could have bought them plus some. Thinking of canceling and just buying. no game up there is over 30$ and IMO the library is low key garbo anyway.

How I look at is ill almost certainly buy 2 Microsoft 1st party games a year, so it makes no sense not to have gamepass. I get extra games and access to some older games that I like throwing on every once in a while. Also having kids gamepass is great they play a lot of the games on there and it's cheap as fukk for me. Lastly there's almost always a gamepass deal that you kind find for cheaper access.

You own an Xbox there's really no reason not to have gamepass unless you are just stuck in the past and want to buy discs.
It's definitely a smart choice for a lot of people.
I don't think it's as black and white for everyone though.
(Not like when i was nagging everyone to by Best Buy GCU. That decision boils down to very simple math).
It comes down to looking at the Game Pass list, and realistically deciding whether those games genuinely appeal to you and if you would save money in the long run by buying the games out right. Discs aside, I would still rather pay once for a game and never again. I did notice what @MeachTheMonster mentioned though; Game Pass does put games on sale so there is the option that if you liked a game enough you could get it for a little cheaper via the membership...that's something to consider.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I almost bought horizon 4 and decided to check and see if it was on game pass and it was so I'll just use that money and buy assassins creed or preorder RDR2

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Sony fanboys would really benefit from this, best deal in gaming for them. Tru Story :francis:
Coming from never owning an Xbox, it really is. Its another subscription I have to pay, but having the chance to play exclusive games I never got the chance to play for a low monthly fee is pretty nice. :ehh: