Xbox banning third party controllers :mjpls:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I don’t really see any way this could not be anti-competitive. A perfectly functional peripheral was rendered non-functional at an arbitrary date with no benefit to consumers and with an obvious benefit to the party making the change in terms of increased licensing fee income.
Why is this sort of behaviour allowed?

Yet another move by MS contrary to the ‘see we arent the same company as we used to be’ vibe they’ve tried to cultivate.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
So we two days before the official ban and I still haven't seen a notification yet....still regularly using my brooks adapter.

I have a theory that because I'm using a XB1 wingman and not the new XB2 version, as well as having not updated the firmware in a long time the console still sees mine as a Xbox One controller and not a Series controller. And it seems like the third party devices acting as a series controller are the ones getting hit first.

But this is all so stupid because the thing people thought this was for isn't even getting effected. The Cronus XIM isn't even getting banned...so this seems to all be about money

:snoop: