Xbox banning third party controllers :mjpls:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
This is good if they are quick to approve decent third party controllers that aren't used for cheating. Cod and 2K has too many cheating controllers so it is beneficial for both those games but they must approve ones that are not for cheating

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I understand the reasoning with controllers that give an unfair advantage but the execution is terrible and this is a bad look for a Microsoft that can ill afford bad publicity.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I understand the reasoning with controllers that give an unfair advantage but the execution is terrible and this is a bad look for a Microsoft that can ill afford bad publicity.
My question is do they then allow the companies that made these unauthorized accessories to get them retroactively certified? You're saying the execution is terrible but there's no pleasing way to cut these things off.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Only die hard sweaters are mad about this. And at the end of the day they will still be back to play. :unimpressed:

This is exactly how every other generation of gaming worked. I’m surprised this hasn’t been implemented sooner and surprised this has been going on.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I would think it's probably licensing fees more than anything. If they put out officially supported hardware the unofficial hardware would likely undercut it. At the end of it all as a consumer if you went out and bought something that was never officially supported you had no guarantees it would work indefinitely and the hardware maker isn't obligated to have it work either.