Xbox banning third party controllers :mjpls:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
this is the responsible decision. Anyone who plays shooters or 2k understands this is the need for this.

Six weeks is more than enough time for legit 3p controllers that have a sizable user based to be approved.

:russell:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

The fighting game community that plays on the Xbox platform pretty much got demolished as 8BitDo is the only company that make arcade sticks certified, thus leave those who got Dragon Slay, Hori, Mad Catz, Mayflash or PNX out of the picture.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fighting game community that plays on the Xbox platform pretty much got demolished as 8BitDo is the only company that make arcade sticks certified, thus leave those who got Dragon Slay, Hori, Mad Catz, Mayflash or PNX out of the picture.

This along with Sony owning EVO pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for competitive fighting on xbox

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
This along with Sony owning EVO pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for competitive fighting on xbox
Apparently, Sony is doing the same thing Microsoft is doing, but they won't decimate the FGC, so they'll be fine. I do feel bad for the Xbox FGC as we're seeing a lot of fighting games this gen that has cross play and they alongside with PC gamers benefit off of this heavenly. So, with this happening to them, they'll migrate over to the PS5 if they don't have one laying around or go over to PC.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Just looked these up... You can use playstation controllers on xbox and visa versa

I can see why they'd ban that shyt.. They don't give a fukk about cheating.. Programmable controllers was out on SNES.
I had an NES Max Controller, and the turbo definitely made some things trivial. but 'cheating' in single player games is on you. it's something different in competitive multiplayer games

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I had an NES Max Controller, and the turbo definitely made some things trivial. but 'cheating' in single player games is on you. it's something different in competitive multiplayer games
Guys are acting like these changes don’t coincide with microsoft purchasing ABK and the new Call of Duty release.

:mjgrin:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just looked these up... You can use playstation controllers on xbox and visa versa

I can see why they'd ban that shyt.. They don't give a fukk about cheating.. Programmable controllers was out on SNES.
Those SNES era joint had turbo and maybe a macro here or there. Today's are almosy like Game Genies. The damn Cronus all but plays the game for you SMH.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Didn’t even know there was a market of people that used 3rd party shyt outside of cheaters.

Microsoft is good with responding to feedback. I’m sure they will find a way to let the legit controllers exist while banning everything else :ehh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Let me try to say it another way...

Wasn't there always competitive gaming? Couldn't they always have done this? They didn't care