Xbox banning third party controllers :mjpls:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Yea, I tried to cheap out recently.

Sent it back to Amazon and got the real deal.
Yeah, one of the lessons we all learned as lads are the bargain controllers are pretty much never worth it. You really get what you pay for.

That being said, I wish Microsoft would just the free market do it's thing.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Says only licensed from these manufacturers.

Going forward, Xbox gamers should only use first-party or officially licensed products from the likes of:

• Razer
  • Turtle Beach
  • Power-A
  • Thrustmaster
  • Victrix
  • PDP
  • HyperX
  • ASUS ROG
Yea I posted that…but I just looked at the listing for controllers and they say they are licensed… if they are banning controllers that are already liscensed that’s :scust:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Says only licensed from these manufacturers.

Going forward, Xbox gamers should only use first-party or officially licensed products from the likes of:

• Razer
  • Turtle Beach
  • Power-A
  • Thrustmaster
  • Victrix
  • PDP
  • HyperX
  • ASUS ROG
that's just the list that site came up with. any officially licensed controller should be good

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that's just the list that site came up with. any officially licensed controller should be good
Yeah I looked it up and 8bitdo is officially licensed by microsoft. The scary part is that 8bitdo advertised their fight stick as the only official xbox licensed fightstick on the market.

If that's true, then what happens to the other custom stick people use? What if someone built an entire flight Sim or forza rig using some unlicensed hardware?

Probably only affects a small amount of players, but it'll suck if someone spent hundreds building a rig that was made incompatible via patch.