Xbox at E3 shows it finally has games, but is still struggling to match Sony in terms of wow factor

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, after taking time to think about it, yesterday's show was really good, and a bit disappointing at the same time.

On one hand, they definitely showed off that they have some cool stuff coming down the pipeline. The studios they have access to aren't just sitting around.

On the other, I have absolutely no clue what the majority of these new games even look like from a gameplay standpoint. RedFall seems cool, but they didn't actually mention what the gameplay style is, or anything of the sort. I was interested in seeing what's good with Halo outside of multiplayer, and we got a whole bunch of nothing. What concerns me is that the reason given was that the dev team wanted to keep working to make sure they could make release, whenever that is. This is a game that was supposed to be out last year. If anything, the rumor that the game may be released in portions gained a little bit of validity with me.

Additionally, most of these games are at least a year away. I know that the last year threw a wrench in things, but for a lot of people who are waiting for the right time to jump in, they effectively told them that maybe right now isn't the time. It feels like it's an eternal "Yeah we're good now, but we'll be GREAT next year" situation with them.

I think the problem with everyone trying to pit Microsoft against Sony is thst Microsoft almost always moves first, and when they do, the moves get judged in a vacuum because Sony doesn't communicate anything until they absolutely feel like it. And when they do, they almost always have something that hooks enough people for it to matter.

Either way, I'm eating off both sides of the plate, so I'm good. :yeshrug:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And that shyt probably already half way finished and you going to thru trees and shyt :dead:
I’d rather spend 70 dollars on a Sony first party game that lasts 1hr and is fun to play than some generic Xbox shooter that lasts 50hrs and is dull as shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So, after taking time to think about it, yesterday's show was really good, and a bit disappointing at the same time.

On one hand, they definitely showed off that they have some cool stuff coming down the pipeline. The studios they have access to aren't just sitting around.

On the other, I have absolutely no clue what the majority of these new games even look like from a gameplay standpoint. RedFall seems cool, but they didn't actually mention what the gameplay style is, or anything of the sort. I was interested in seeing what's good with Halo outside of multiplayer, and we got a whole bunch of nothing. What concerns me is that the reason given was that the dev team wanted to keep working to make sure they could make release, whenever that is. This is a game that was supposed to be out last year. If anything, the rumor that the game may be released in portions gained a little bit of validity with me.

Additionally, most of these games are at least a year away. I know that the last year threw a wrench in things, but for a lot of people who are waiting for the right time to jump in, they effectively told them that maybe right now isn't the time. It feels like it's an eternal "Yeah we're good now, but we'll be GREAT next year" situation with them.

I think the problem with everyone trying to pit Microsoft against Sony is thst Microsoft almost always moves first, and when they do, the moves get judged in a vacuum because Sony doesn't communicate anything until they absolutely feel like it. And when they do, they almost always have something that hooks enough people for it to matter.

Either way, I'm eating off both sides of the plate, so I'm good. :yeshrug:

No console war bs, this is a good summary and my exact thoughts

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I mean the majority of the conference was CGI trailers and remainder consisted of timed 3rd party indie games, multiplatform games, and all largely were the same first person shooter type games.

The only real standouts of the show were forza horizon and Halo and this has been the xbox conference for the last decade.

The only reason the microsoft conference looked good in comparison to the others is because they’re a platform holder that got to showcase 3rd party games. If they had to rely on first party like the other publishers they would have been trash also.

6-BA644-EE-D719-4-F42-A652-DAFD07789-F49.jpg

You can also add battlefield and far cry to this list since they got extensive showings as well

70 bucks for each game where 14.99 a month for all. You do the math

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, on Playstation:sas1:

You thought I was stanning:umad:
But does this list of games I've beat since look like I'm hurting breh? :sas2:

Persona 5 Royal on PS4
Spider-Man + City that Never Sleeps DLC PS4
Red Dead Redemption 2 on Stadia
Animal Crossing (paid off all home upgrades)
Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch (3rd Playthrough)
Yakuza Like a Dragon on Series X
Cyberpunk 2077 on Series X
Dragon Quest 11 S on Switch
Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island on Series X
Destiny 2 Season 13 Max rank Series X / Stadia
Monster Hunter Rise on Switch
Outriders on Series X
Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Series X

There's a bunch of other stuff I got to try on Gamepass in the midst of all that as well. Playing Wasteland 3 right now:ehh:

Also, just for news reporting purposes:mjgrin:

7747-D971-3-D11-4-C71-8-B73-C1151952-A08-C.jpg

I'm paid up til 2023:blessed:

But let Stans tell it, xbox users are hurting for games:mjlol:

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The funny thing about yesterday was Phil Spencer saying ‘one more thing’ and that thing being some generic zombie shooter :laff:

. ‘One more thing’ is what you say when it’s a huge game or announcemen like Sony bringing God of War Ragnarok up when they did their show not Redfall :deadrose:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s not about the price, it’s about the games. Millions of people want to play Sony’s games and those games are not on gamepass.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Indie games don’t cost 70 bucks. Those are all 30 and below and probably a few bucks once holiday sales roll around. Thats why microsoft can afford to put them on gamepass because they aren’t expensive games to produce.

I know thats the default clap back these days to sony but so far only 3 games have come out at 70 dollars.