Xbots are waking up to reality.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It's been a thing for a long time in gaming circles. It's a big budget, high profile game from well known publishers often.

Think of big games like Halo 3, GTA 5, Final Fantasy mainline games, Super Mario series games, Zelda etc.
slQWuUN.png

Indie games or small budget games that tend to be cheaper than the average game price aren't typically AAA games.
So basically a game has to be a AAA game to count?

Because say what you want about Grounded(love it) and Sea of Thieves(hate it) those games are fun as fukk(Grounded is at least, but people love that Sea of Thieves bullshyt) and don't have the player bases they do for no reason. You can't just discount them because they aren't a movie game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So basically a game has to be a AAA game to count?

Because say what you want about Grounded(love it) and Sea of Thieves(hate it) those games are fun as fukk(Grounded is at least, but people love that Sea of Thieves bullshyt) and don't have the player bases they do for no reason. You can't just discount them because they aren't a movie game.
I didn't discount anything, I just mentioned what games are AAA.

I'd have to try Grounded again honestly because I played I think the beta or early release sometime last year or two years ago and felt it was very bland.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude really said "add Deathloop to the list" after all this arguing lmao

Breh, I been sitting here just watching the fukkery, but this man really said remove Spider-Man because it wasn't developed internally, then said add Deathloop.

Arguing with brehs on here is fukking pointless. They'd rather say they won an argument than just make some damn sense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Breh, I been sitting here just watching the fukkery, but this man really said remove Spider-Man because it wasn't developed internally, then said add Deathloop.

Arguing with brehs on here is fukking pointless. They'd rather say they won an argument than just make some damn sense.
No you obviously were not following along.

I said you either add both or niether.

Again it’s not me trying to play semantics about which games “count” or not.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean, saying it's all or none is attempting to completely ignore context, but go ahead and cook, breh. Maybe Phil will notice your hard work this time. I'm pulling for you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Spider-man 2018 was published and co-developed by SIE, Insomniac wasn’t owned but the game was fully funded by Sony and had Xdev co development.

Deathloop was a game that had its first gameplay trailer at a PS5 event before the head of the studio even knew they were being bought out. Its not the same thing at all but im sure you’ll move the goalpost again…

Microsoft had no hand in the development on Deathloop

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean, saying it's all or none is attempting to completely ignore context, but go ahead and cook, breh. Maybe Phil will notice your hard work this time. I'm pulling for you.
The context is that there are all types of 3rd party deals.

Either we included 3rd parties or not.

Spider-man 2018 was published and co-developed by SIE, Insomniac wasn’t owned but the game was fully funded by Sony and had Xdev co development.

Deathloop was a game that had its first gameplay trailer at a PS5 event before the head of the studio even knew they were being bought out. Its not the same thing at all but im sure you’ll move the goalpost again…
Its not the “same” but there’s no real reason to include one and not the other.

Cause you will also add games like Returnal or Bloodborne in which Sony just basically purchased the rights to, which is a similar situation to deathloop, outer worlds, Sunset overdrive, etc. But then you will argue those games don’t “count”

Again it’s not me playing the semantics game.

Either we are including 3rd party deals or not. No two of them are exactly the “same”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cause you will also add games like Returnal or Bloodborne in which Sony just basically purchased the right

This is where you keep fukking up, the games weren’t already made and “sony purchased the rights” those games were made because someone at sony approached them to make them, funded those games, and provided additional resources such as asset creation, mo cap, cinematics, game engines, and other proprietary tech and dev work.

Both bloodborne and returnal were co-developed with SIE XDEV and Japan Studio and so was Death Stranding that had over 70 members of Guerrilla Games working on it. You don’t know what you’re talking about and thats fine

The only third party partnerships sony doesn’t have a hand in with development is stuff they don’t publish themselves like final fantasy.

Sunset Overdrive, YES that is a Microsoft game (even though they don’t own the IP), Deathloop and Outerworlds was not developed by or funded by Microsoft.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The context is that there are all types of 3rd party deals.

Either we included 3rd parties or not.

Its not the “same” but there’s no real reason to include one and not the other.

Cause you will also add games like Returnal or Bloodborne in which Sony just basically purchased the rights to, which is a similar situation to deathloop, outer worlds, Sunset overdrive, etc. But then you will argue those games don’t “count”

Again it’s not me playing the semantics game.

Either we are including 3rd party deals or not. No two of them are exactly the “same”

Maybe this'll help?

Second-party developers​

Second-party developer is a colloquial term often used by gaming enthusiasts and media to describe game studios who take development contracts from platform holders and develop games exclusive to that platform, i.e. a non-owned developer making games for a first-party company.[8] As a balance to not being able to release their game for other platforms, second-party developers are usually offered higher royalty rates than third-party developers.[7] These studios may have exclusive publishing agreements (or other business relationships) with the platform holder, but maintain independence so upon completion or termination of their contracts are able to continue developing games for other publishers if they choose to. For example, while HAL Laboratory initially began developing games on personal computers like the MSX, they became one of the earliest second-party developers for Nintendo, developing exclusively for Nintendo's consoles starting with the Famicom, though they would self-publish their mobile games.[9][10]

While Nintendo is maybe the largest user of the second party ideal, Sony is big on that too. They just eventually end up buying the studio. Like Insomniac.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is where you keep fukking up, the games weren’t already made and “sony purchased the rights” those games were made because someone at sony approached them to make them, funded those games, and provided additional resources such as asset creation, mo cap, cinematics, game engines, and other proprietary tech and dev work.

Both bloodborne and returnal were co-developed with SIE XDEV and Japan Studio and so was Death Stranding that had over 70 members of Guerrilla Games working on it. You don’t know what you’re talking about and thats fine

The only third party partnerships sony doesn’t have a hand in with development is stuff they don’t publish themselves like final fantasy.

Sunset Overdrive, YES that is a Microsoft game (even though they don’t own the IP), Deathloop and Outerworlds was not developed by or funded by Microsoft.
Remove Spider-Man, Deathstranding, Returnal, and Bloodborne.

Add Titanfall and Ryse though to the Xbox list. :troll:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Like i said you just wanna play semantics shyt.

Bloodborne is a FROM software title, don’t matter how many sony stan feel good stories you attach to it. From the combat, to story telling, level design, character designs, gameplay systems, EVERYTHING is from software. Sony paid them to put it on playstation exclusively.

Same with returnal, that’s a housmauriqeu(spelling:mjlol) game that sony purchased just like the rest of their games together.

Obsidian was actually owned by microsoft for a large portion of Outer Worlds development and have talked about how the deal helped them make the game bigger and better.

But again you won’t count that for “reasons” :stopitslime:

Again i’m not the one trying to disqualify shyt for arbitrary reasons.

Either 3rd party deals count or they don’t :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe this'll help?

While Nintendo is maybe the largest user of the second party ideal, Sony is big on that too. They just eventually end up buying the studio. Like Insomniac.
It’s the same types of deals across the board. Microsoft signs the same deals.

The big diffence is that sony mandates that they own the IP and microsoft has been more lenient in allowing the studios to keep ownership of their IP.