"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Stranger Things' Star Charlie Heaton in Talks to Join 'X-Men' Spinoff 'New Mutants' (Exclusive)

gettyimages-683092712_-_h_2017.jpg

The actor, who plays brooding outsider Jonathan Bryers on the Netflix phenomenon, is in negotiations to join the cast of Fox’s New Mutants.

The Witch and Split star Anya Taylor-Joy and Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams have already signed up for the ensemble young adult superhero movie being directed by Josh Boone. Rosario Dawson is also in negotiations to join the cast.

Heaton will play Sam Guthrie, also known as Cannonball, a teen who propels himself into the air and is invulnerable while doing so.

Taylor-Joy will play Illyana Rasputin, code-named Magik, a girl who has learned sorcery and uses teleportation discs to travel. Williams will portray Rahne Sinclair, aka Wolfsbane, a girl struggling to reconcile her religious beliefs with her power to turn into a wolf. Dawson is to play a mentor figure, a medical doctor who has the ability to generate a protective biofield around herself.

The studio is looking to redefine the superhero genre as it did with Deadpool and Logan, and is focusing on giving the spinoff a horror-thriller bent. It will tell of a diverse cadre of teens learning to cope with their superpowers. The group also includes Native American Danielle Moonstar and a Brazilian ladies man code-named Sunspot, as well as an alien named Warlock. These new mutants find themselves held in a secret facility against their will and must battle the dangers of their powers, as well as the sins of their past.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Guessing Rosario will be Dr. Cecila Reyes? Never thought i'd see her in a movie

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Just watched logan . . So this is gonna be the new xmen?? What happened to the in the past X-Men? Idk the chronological order of this X-Men sgiy is confusing . . I still watch and enjoy tho

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
When did they turn sunspot into a white guy? I always remember him being a black Brazilian. Him, along with black panther and luke cage were charactersi liked because they looked like me, even though i never thought Bobby got enough shine in New mutants or X- force.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When did they turn sunspot into a white guy? I always remember him being a black Brazilian. Him, along with black panther and luke cage were charactersi liked because they looked like me, even though i never thought Bobby got enough shine in New mutants or X- force.
The actor they got lined up for Sunspot is Latino but yeah they lightening him up heavy compared to how he was drawn.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
I admire he ambition but a horror Xmen? They gotta Stephen king he fukk out of it. With the direction they're taking is it worth it to read the comics?

The Gimp

#orangegang
Daps
Reppin
NULL0
They got Magik in the film but not Magma and Karma even tho they OGs
You can see Magma on the cover
:mindblown:
Not liking the sound of this. I don't like horror movies in general, so unless I'm wowed by the trailer, I have no interest in this movie anymore.
Demon Bear is the antagonist in the movie. If you seen the cover of the demon bear issue of new mutants it's real dark and horror like.
newmutants19-195x300.jpg