X-Men: Days of Future Past

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bro. I like you. But you're absolutely nuts if you think Storm is a better leader than Cyke. The man got fukking Magneto to fall in line. And Namor. Just bad motherfukkers. Cyclops is THE leader.

He didn't get Magneto to fall in line. Magneto didn't want to interrupt the flow of things on Utopia which is just Asteroid M, his base of operations. He had to slap around Cyclops in Children's Crusade when he tried to kill his daughter. And Magneto and Storm wen to war with the Avengers back in the 80s when he was put on trial for all of his crimes. Cyclops ALWAYS hated Magneto until Fraction came on board and flipped that all upside down with the Cyclops worship stuff.

More than that, Cyclops acts more like Magneto's son than Quicksilver ever did.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Breh. Besides killing Scott. No way that would have killed Darwin. Like....are you fukking serious? Are they kidding me with that? fukk them. fukk them. fukk. Them.

Oh yeah...I forgot about this fukkery.

Darwin. The one mutant whose power is to fukkING SURVIVE fukking DIES.

THE fukk?:what:

REALLY FOX? REALLY?

Fox: :troll:"u mad?"

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh yeah...I forgot about this fukkery.

Darwin. The one mutant whose power is to fukkING SURVIVE fukking DIES.

THE fukk?:what:

REALLY FOX? REALLY?

Fox: :troll:"u mad?"

Doesn't he turn into pure energy in the comics?

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
I liked "First Class," but I'll be honest. Fox is the studio I have the least faith in when it comes to comicbook movies.

This.

1st Class was a good movie but the comic book head in me was :scusthov: since i saw the characters they were gonna use in it prior to the films release. If it wasn't for Magneto and Xavier the film could've easily been x3/wolverineorgiins status.

It is fine if you wanna diverge slightly from the source material ... but make it MAKE SENSE. Unlike the Batman Begins/Ra's Al Ghul comparison made in the thread, there is NO reason to have Havok in there with a young xavier and magneto, what the fuuuuck? Or have Emma Frost be as old as the Professor by the time Scott is gonna come around :beli: they ruined many important character pairings and interactions for potential sequels down the line for no reason ... it is almost as if they were making it as a single stand alone movie, because any continuity have been ruined from the get go. Which is why I am skeptical by what they mean in the OP post ... are they gonna try and retcon some of their retarded decisions? How? Or are they just gonna be like fukk it and go down the road further and just change shyt up completely? :beli:

First Class is still the best X-Men film they made to date, but y'all know what I mean ... it is hard not to be skeptical every time, I can't put faith in them when history usual suggests that they will rape the source material almost as if they were :troll:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There are so many characters essential to Days of Future Past that are not a part of the First Class universe and would take too long to introduce in one film. So if they are going forward with this stor as the basis for the sequel then all they are likely to do is just use the basic outline of The Brotherhood assassinating a Senator and creating the terrible future but without any of the intriccies of the actual source material.
Which means no Kitty Pryde, no Wolverine, no Rachel Summers.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There are so many characters essential to Days of Future Past that are not a part of the First Class universe and would take too long to introduce in one film. So if they are going forward with this stor as the basis for the sequel then all they are likely to do is just use the basic outline of The Brotherhood assassinating a Senator and creating the terrible future but without any of the intriccies of the actual source material.
Which means no Kitty Pryde, no Wolverine, no Rachel Summers.

If they REALLY go in the future, you can kind of get away with anything if the writing is strong enough.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nah..her run in the 80s was practically untouchable. Rogue being a leader under Mike Carey was decent but she was written MUCH smarter than she really was. She's not dumb but she's not Captain America on the field either.

And that dalliance in the 90s when they made Rogue and Gambit the leaders were damn near the worst run in the history of X-comics. Big time NO NO.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

Captain America was pretty good. That was Marvel/Disney/Paramount though. Not Fox.

What the hell was good about Captain America?

The beginning origin was very well done, the middle act was generic USA Channel action movie garbage, followed by the awake in modern time segment.

I swear the people that did GI JOE's CGI did Captain America's, the scenes with all the Hydra troops was the same shyt as the cobra troopers.

Even FOX's X3 :gag: wasn't that bad.