Iger saw the cut and was like

We
@Bryan Danielson
@BXKingPin82

Warned y'all.

It's too close to Captain Marvel.
This movie getting the app treatment.

Nah.

They smartly moved Alita into the February slot because it's stupid to have so many movies on one weekend. I called that and think another movie will move before then. They also put this into the old Gambit slot since that shyt probably is never coming out.

Scott mendelson had a good writeup about it

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-for-x-men-dark-phoenix-to-bomb/#54bc70ab2753

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Nah.

They smartly moved Alita into the February slot because it's stupid to have so many movies on one weekend. I called that and think another movie will move before then. They also put this into the old Gambit slot since that shyt probably is never coming out.

Scott mendelson had a good writeup about it

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-for-x-men-dark-phoenix-to-bomb/#54bc70ab2753

Moving a movie 2x and then again 2 days after the trailer and then right near the merger closing date is Disney's way of pulling the theatre plug on this when they get closer to mid 2019. It's their way of moving it until they figure out what to do with it. Not to mention it's probably ass.

Audiences will not keep responding well to changed dates like this, particularly with a trailer just dropping. And it's not like it's some highly anticipated flick...most folks now is (I know I am after Apocalypse) "meh" on the X-Men Fox series at best.

In addition, they tell stories in a certain manner and having a mutant movie debut right by Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 could confuse the average movie person. Not everyone is a fanboy like this board who knows all the behind the scenes shyt like this forum.

They literally would have to say, right when the merger happens to audiences "hey ignore that mutant movie slapped in the middle of the year with those same characters we may have a cameo or story for this is the real McCoy"....the MCU has NEVER operated like that. They are control freaks. Not to mention they don't want to spend money on marketing or world wide premiers or TV slots for commercials. You spend $71 billon you shelf shyt that ain't in your plans. Companies do it all the time.

This shyt for audience confusion and their long-term plans needs to just die on the vine of their app and call it a day.

The merger will probably close right by SDCC and having this POS hanging over their heads (or dragging out a lame duck cast) is a fukking waste of time and money.

Instead of talking about their new FF or X-Men plans on vague terms at that (if they attend) you think they wanna talk about this bullshyt ass movie?

Iger literally said a week ago " there shouldn't be two Marvel universes" and Feige is calling shots on it. Comic writers said X-Men and FF budgets went back up again. They are weeding shyt out.

They have a structure and this movie is not a part of Feige plans. Since he can't do anything now they're making movies behind the scenes. This and New Mutants are DOA.

They want X-Men on their terms and are slowly killing this off.

And Gambit ain't coming out. I'm guessing they told Tatum he's still got the role and just STFU. Hence why he's stuck with the role and never bytched publicly about the delays.

Deadpool 2 is getting a PG-13 release in December. Disney is testing the waters early to see if audiences will take a toned down version so they can have him slide in with future appearances in their MCU universe.

Legally both companies won't admit to anything and will say the BS of " business as usual" but come on. The ball is rolling and anything Feige and Co. don't want is getting the Heisman.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It took me a few days to build up enough interest to click on the trailer, and it still looked as generic and forgettable as they come. Thanos is out here throwing moons at Iron Man and sending hordes of rabid space dogs to invade an Afro-futuristic nation and meanwhile after 18 years of movies the X-Men have to deal with Jean Grey flipping over some cop cars while Magneto mocks Professor X's movie tropes. :camby:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
It took me a few days to build up enough interest to click on the trailer, and it still looked as generic and forgettable as they come. Thanos is out here throwing moons at Iron Man and sending hordes of rabid space dogs to invade an Afro-futuristic nation and meanwhile after 18 years of movies the X-Men have to deal with Jean Grey flipping over some cop cars while Magneto mocks Professor X's movie tropes. :camby:

And dudes defend these bullshyt ass Fox flicks.

Off those two contrasts you listed is enough for this shyt to go into the vault and never come out.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key, this might be the best thing to happen for this movie's buzz.

So, after everyone is done laughing at Fox for moving this movie so many times, and the deep dive articles in "what's going on at Fox!?" the narrative is then going to be that the ending of this movie might be more important than people think.

There's a good chance that it won't matter at all, but I can almost guarantee you that in a few months time, we'll be hearing rumors that maybe the movie was pushed back to draft off of good will of the expected completion or near completion of the Disney purchase, and speculation that the ending or credits scene finds a way to fold them into the MCU, or connect to plot point in Avengers 4.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm looking forward to this. My expectations are low, but it's the x-men, so I gotta watch it.

On these second wave of X-men films, I actually enjoyed First Class & DOFP. The Apocalypse movie was awful. That movie was so bad, that I think it changed the entire perception of the second wave of movies. It seems like the consensus is that they are just all trash, and that movie is the reason imo.

I'm looking forward to Disney/Marvel getting this franchise. It neglected so many characters. The only focus has been Charles/Magneto/Wolverine & Mystique.

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Although the trailer was decent, does it alarm anyone that the story beats seem to be exactly the same as The Last Stand? Xavier represses something in Jean Grey when she was young and it comes back to haunt him. X also visiting Jean when she was a little girl at her house. Also this is being directed by the same dude who wrote the Last Stand.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Although the trailer was decent, does it alarm anyone that the story beats seem to be exactly the same as The Last Stand? Xavier represses something in Jean Grey when she was young and it comes back to haunt him. X also visiting Jean when she was a little girl at her house. Also this is being directed by the same dude who wrote the Last Stand.

Yes...... but I guess it just holds true to the concept that no matter how much you change your past :lolbron:

Sometimes your fate is destined to remain the same in the future :troll:

Yea..... let’s go with that:mjlit:

Martha

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Fox hasn’t greenlit any major movies for 2019?

They just gonna coast of their 2018 stuff and collect their paychecks from Disney without wasting a major amount of money.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
It's still a link to old material.

Everyone is not a fanboy like this board.

To Average Joe it's gonna be like.. :ohhh:

They ain't bring over Garfield either.

Has to be a clean slate.

1)who said I was a fanboy, and 2)What does Garfield have to do with the X-Men? He wasn’t even good as Spidey.

What if the MCU universe doesn't want their Magneto and Professor X to be in their early 40s?

What if their ages doesn’t bother the MCU Universe? Aside from First Class & Evolution, when have Erik & Charles been young?? Do you really wanna do this to yourself, or do you wanna keep asking sassy ass questions?