Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
The homie @Rashaddw coming with the FEROCIOUSNESS!!!!
:russ::russ:

I got love for nikkas here (pause) but praising the Fox series? Hell Naw.

No more Happy Meals nikka.

Thanksgiving all day when FF/X-Men come home.

No more Singer/Simon/Donner bullshyt.

No more "well we just gotta act like 2-3 movies didn't happen and that's where the story supposed to pick up"

No more actors forcing their role and clout all up in the videos (Jlaw) to get minor characters bigger roles.

I'm sure there will be mediocre X-Men/FF movies from Disney they ain't perfect.....but nothing can be worse than what proceeded it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did you think of the Dark Phoenix trailer?

YOOOOOO, this movie's about to be LIT, son :blessed:

(I'm not serious on that, that line above was just jokes :whoa:)

Serious answer: I'm kind of neutral on it, to be honest.:ehh:

Positives:

- They're not wearing black leather anymore, and the blue and yellow costumes are a nice touch. It's not seeing the actual comic costumes, but it's a step forward.

- It looks like they're at least attempting to give Jean an actual character arc of her own. It's not looking like she's just going to be a mindless plot device like she was in X3.

- It looks like they'll be giving Cyclops a little bit more screentime, which makes sense. Jean and Scott's star crossed romance is what this story was always about.

- For all the flaws of these movies, they always do a good job with Magneto and Professor X. Their dynamic is way played out by this point, but still.
"You're always sorry, Charles. And there's always a speech... and nobody cares." :whew:

Negatives:

- Why is Mystique still running around as an X-man? Low key, they should have cast her in the Mastermind role. I don't normally like to be that dude saying "I could do this better", because it takes a lot of time, coordination, and effort to make these movies happen. But if this wouldn't have been the PERFECT time to bring in Mr. Sinister and reveal that Mystique was a double-agent working for him all along...
They might as well since most of the Hellfire Club got killed off in the films. It would have fit Mystique's character, and Mr. Sinister would have been way more hype than whoever Jessica Chastain's playing. (Nothing against her as an actress, they're just overdue to get on board with some real villains from the comics, especially after the way they messed up Apocalypse).

- (They might address this in another trailer) We saw soldiers and strike teams running around. They need to give us a knock down drag out fight with the X-men working as a team and doing something dope. When you read the best stuff in the comics, or watch the best stuff in the cartoons, you'll see the whole team fighting. The movies need more of that (done PROPERLY, of course).

We all saw the 90's cartoon and how dope this shyt can be when done right.

A flying Rouge
A badass Storm
Badass Sabertooth
Dope Gambit
A leader in Cyclops
Sinister
Jubilee
Space shyt.

Man as a kid Avengers and Thor and crew was straight doodoo compared to X-Men. Wasn't even close.

This is why I was kind of hoping that this movie wouldn't even see the light of day. Now that Fox is going through with it, the MCU won't want to touch the Dark Phoenix Saga-- it'll be played out by this point. It's a shame too, because it's arguably the GOAT comic book story (alongside Days of Future Past).

Maaaaannnn, seeing the whole team in the MCU all riding together and handling business.
Cyclops being a BOSS leader and doing work...
Storm being a black queen and making the villains bow down...
a legit, flying Rogue that doesn't take mess from anyone...
Nightcrawler coming through even harder than he did in X2...
Wolverine wearing the brown and yellow suit (shout outs to John Byrne)...
Gambit swagging on the villains... (I give Gambit a lot of crap but he's still got more swag than some of these nobodies they've been pushing with the MCU before they were able to get the rights to some real characters. And Gambit is definitely a thousand times doper than these new-millenium garbage characters they're coming up with today. When he picked that lock with his feet in X-tinction Agenda :banderas: )

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
has anyone gone back and watched First Class? i thought it was the best X group movie, but i have a feeling it hasn't aged well already
One of the best X-Men films. As much as I liked DOFP if they would have just kept the tone of First Class and basically have it as a reboot of the X-Men universe we would be ok.

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside
The franchise should’ve stopped at Days of Future Past. I wasn’t planning to see this when it was hinted at in the last X-Men movie. FOX and Kinberg is going to great lengths to make the same mistakes again. All those reshoots and this is the results.

Just bring McAvoy and Fassbender to
the MCU.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
x-men-dp-excl.jpg