Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm not talking about monetarily wise I'm talking about the fact of Screen Time character development

Mystique went from background supporting character to prominent role player once Jennifer Lawrence career blew up. Of course Robert Downey jr. And everyone else should have gotten a pay raise once those movies made a lot of money
...and rdj now has the whole universe built around him and appears in a film every year.

Stories being rewritten from the comics so they can be about tony.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
...and rdj now has the whole universe built around him and appears in a film every year.

Stories being rewritten from the comics so they can be about tony.

Are you really suggesting that the crap show fest that is the X-Men films right now is any way comparable to Tony Stark getting the prominent screen time?

Iron Man is 50,000 times more interesting the Mystique

I didn't know Iron Man was in Guardians of the Galaxy Ant-Man or any of the Thor movies. Even the whack Marvel films at least you knew there was another dope one coming down the pipeline or they already had everything laid out for something big coming down the line

They very desperately need to make an X-Men movie without Wolverine Mystique Magneto or heck even Charles Xavier this point just to change it up

These fools can't even make a dope Fantastic Four movie with a dope ass Silver Surfer in it

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Are you really suggesting that the crap show fast that is the X-Men films right now is any way comparable to Tony Stark getting the prominent screen time?

Iron Man is 50,000 times more interesting the Mystique
See now you're just going off on a tangent.

I'm simply refuting your false statement,not really interested in which characters you like better.

You said feige has MCU under an iron grip and nobody holds its hostage and it's simply not true.

In fact one of the catalysts of the studio shake up at marvel was because of rdj.

And first class and dofp are excellent films and jlaw was in both.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
See now you're just going off on a tangent.

I'm simply refuting your false statement,not really interested in which characters you like better.

You said feige has MCU under an iron grip and nobody holds its hostage and it's simply not true.

In fact one of the catalysts of the studio shake up at marvel was because of rdj.

And first class and dofp are excellent films and jlaw was in both.

You are missing my point

One Studio has a vision laid out for the next ten years in their film catalog and yes it may go through script rewrites and beef up a character's role or screen time based on the actor and their clout but at least they have a plan in place at least if they drop a bad movie there's another one that's filing it back up. Iron Man and RDJ was lead from day 1.

Jennifer Lawrence literally went from being a background character to Mystique being the predominant character when she never was a prominent character in the entire comics. And not to mention these nikkas have no FF crossover planned cause that shyt bombed...No Gambit pic, Deadpool not tied in.

They have no coherent universe plan.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You are missing my point

One Studio has a vision laid out for the next ten years in their film catalog and yes it may go through script rewrites and beef up a character's role or screen time based on the actor and their clout but at least they have a plan in place at least if they drop a bad movie there's another one that's filing it back up. Iron Man and RDJ was lead from day 1.

Jennifer Lawrence literally went from being a background character to Mystique being the predominant character when she never was a prominent character in the entire comics. And not to mention these nikkas have no FF crossover planned cause that shyt bombed...No Gambit pic, Deadpool not tied in.

They have no coherent universe plan.
I don't think you have a point. You're talking about something else entirely every time you respond.

They don't need to be connected. They don't need to have a long term plan. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making stand alone films.

Logan is better than any MCU film and that's the last film fox made.

We don't need every single studio just doing the exact same shyt marvel is doing. That would be boring as hell.

And either you care about things being like the comics or you don't. You're picking and choosing when it matters.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you have a point. You're talking about something else entirely every time you respond.

They don't need to be connected. They don't need to have a long term plan. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making stand alone films.

Logan is better than any MCU film and that's the last film fox made.

We don't need every single studio just doing the exact same shyt marvel is doing. That would be boring as hell.

And either you care about things being like the comics or you don't. You're picking and choosing when it matters.

Let me ask you this.

What did you think of X-Men Apocalypse? Cause that shyt was trash.

That answer alone will tell me if this convo is pointless (which it seems to be)

And the connected universe Fox tried don't get it twisted....FF was all set...and it bombed.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Let me ask you this.

What did you think of X-Men Apocalypse? Cause that shyt was trash.

That answer alone will tell me if this convo is pointless (which it seems to be)

And the connected universe Fox tried don't get it twisted....FF was all set...and it bombed.
I thought it was mediocre and extremely disappointing coming off first class and dofp.

Again,not sure what any of this has to do with you just being straight up wrong in your original statement.

RDJ quite literally did hold marvel hostage. This is just a fact that you can't seem to grasp for some reason. Not sure why you feel the need to try to spin the conversation in 20 different directions instead of just admitting you're wrong but :manny:

And ff did bomb. Plans change. Civil war didn't even exist as a film plan until BvS was announced and marvel changed their plan. And then rdj almost got written out of the film at one point because ike was pissed about rdj holding them hostage

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was mediocre and extremely disappointing coming off first class and dofp.

Again,not sure what any of this has to do with you just being straight up wrong in your original statement.

RDJ quite literally did hold marvel hostage. This is just a fact that you can't seem to grasp for some reason. Not sure why you feel the need to try to spin the conversation in 20 different directions instead of just admitting you're wrong but :manny:

Lawrence and Scarlet are the same actress....A-list Oscar nominees ( or winners). She stayed in her character role lane.

You didn't see Black Widow taking over the MCU flicks.

Iron Man is the first MCU character solo pick. RDJ used his clout to beef up his role and money. Facts.

Kevin from MCU laid out a cohernet easy to follow universe that has more good flicks than bad. Facts.

Fox has no fukking clue. No shared universe and still won't take risks with X-Men properties. Facts.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Lawrence and Scarlet are the same actress....A-list Oscar nominees ( or winners). She stayed in her character role lane.

You didn't see Black Widow taking over the MCU flicks.

Iron Man is the first MCU character solo pick. RDJ used his clout to beef up his role and money. Facts.

Kevin from MCU laid out a cohernet easy to follow universe that has more good flicks than bad. Facts.

Fox has no fukking clue. No shared universe and still won't take risks with X-Men properties. Facts.
Deadpool wasn't a risk? Logan wasn't a risk?

Once again,a shared universe is not a requirement. They do not have to make a shared universe. Not sure why you keep talking about it like they have to do it.

Fox has more good x men related films than bad ones.

What does any of this have to do with your original false statement :skip:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Excellent:
X men 2
First class
Dofp
Logan

Good:
Deadpool
X men

Mediocre:
Apocalypse
Wolverine

Bad:
X men 3
Wolverine origins

Fox track record is just as good as anyone else's more or less.

The hyperbole on the Internet about them by certain people is absurd.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Deadpool wasn't a risk? Logan wasn't a risk?

Once again,a shared universe is not a requirement. They do not have to make a shared universe. Not sure why you keep talking about it like they have to do it.

Fox has more good x men related films than bad ones.

What does any of this have to do with your original false statement :skip:

The mere fact that they are trying to "ground" The Phoenix fukking saga should tell you enough.

And if they're not trying to share the universe, tell me specifically why they did the following:

-Acted like the first Wolverine movie never happened and tied in the 2nd one with DOFP?

- go to the X mansion in Deadpool?

- Have professor X in Logan?

- Advertise the HELL outta FF as a crossover to the X-Men universe? They even did a damn photo shoot/comic con together.

You've convinced yourself these things never happened to support this. I am not a Fox, Marvel or D.C. stan but garbage is garbage.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Only in fox's opinion. Everyone else knew that what they should've done in the first place.

Thank you! They got fans convinced that PG-13 is the Holy Grail you see when they finally stuck in the original interpretation of that character it was the highest grossing movie of the whole franchise (wolverine)

The mere fact that a risk was actually sticking to the original interpretation of the character tells you all you need to know

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The mere fact that they are trying to "ground" The Phoenix fukking saga should tell you enough.

And if they're not trying to share the universe, tell me specifically why they did the following:

-Acted like the first Wolverine movie never happened and tied in the 2nd one with DOFP?

- go to the X mansion in Deadpool?

- Have professor X in Logan?

- Advertise the HELL outta FF as a crossover to the X-Men universe? They even did a damn photo shoot/comic con together.

You've convinced yourself these things never happened to support this. I am not a Fox, Marvel or D.C. stan but garbage is garbage.
I haven't convinced myself of anything. I'm merely stating that a shared universe is not something that needs to happen.

You don't need one to make good films. And honestly a lot of times films are weakened by the need to make them connected,adding in unnecessary scenes and making things convoluted.

Ironically the x men films being a jumbled mess of time lines and continuity is true as fukk to comic books when you want to be real about it.

Doesn't take away the strength of the individual films they've made